Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New & Improved Anime & Manga Stores in Ireland List

• 14-01-2011 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭

So! Here's an updated list of all the stores in Ireland that stock either manga or anime. Of course, buying online is probably your best bet but it's always nice to know what's available in Irish shops. I've linked to the sites of as many stores as I could - for the nationwide ones you can use their site to find a store nearest to you.

I'm always looking for new suggestions so if you can add something to this list, please comment :)

Finally, here is the original list for reference.

Nationwide:

Easons: Stock a selection of manga in most stores
    Waterstones: Stock a selection of manga in most store
    Hughes & Hughes: Stock a selection of manga in most store

HMV: Stock a selection of anime in their World Cinema section in most stores

Dublin

Forbidden Planet: Stock a comprehensive selection of manga as well as other anime/manga related paraphenalia

Forbidden Planet Dublin
    5-6 Crampton Quay
    Dublin 2
    Phone: 0035 3167 10688

Chapters: Stock a selection of manga

Chapters Bookstore
    Parnell Street, Dublin 1.

Sub City

Sub City
    2 Exchequer Street, Dublin 2.
    Tel. (01) 677 1902

Tower Records : Stocks anime DVDs

Tower Records Dublin
    6-8 Wicklow St, Dublin 2
    Tel: (01) 671 3250

Hodges Figgis: Stock manga

Hodges Figgis
    56-58 Dawson St.
    Dublin 2

Small "cheap books"-type store at the bottom of Grafton Street that usually has manga - it's in between the CompuB (Apple) store & the cigar shop.

Rest of country:

Other Realms Ltd. - Stock manga and possibly anime

Paul Street Shopping Centre, Cork City.
    Tel: (021) 422 2224
    Fax: (021) 427 9508

Sub City Galway

Corbett Court
    Galway
    Tel: +353 91 565994

Alien 8: decent selection of manga and might be stocking anime DVDs soon.

1 Selskar Ct Well Lané
    Wexford
    Tel: (053)9174704

Note: both Tallaght and Blanchardstown Libraries stock manga available for rent.

Movidrome (Kyle House, Henry Street Limerick) stocks anime DVDs available for rent.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭OniKen

I love buying in shops, especially since i get some great randoms like generator gawl, red hawk and ray earth... ones i would never have picked online since all the big ones are there that i have already seen and liked but the sad fact is Ireland has no where good. Directors cut in cork is ok but most of the stuff is vol 5 of get backers or vol 3 of full metal panic. I would love a proper anime and manga store but online is the only real option now (Amazon has more but sendit is good too)

Also other relms has a very tiny collection of anime, only whats left of the older store that wasn't sold... its almost all region 1. You get the odd random in HMV but its rediculesly overpriced usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Pretty sure the Laser DVD store in Dublin (both the retail and rental ones) stock a decent bit of anime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Pretty sure the Laser DVD store in Dublin (both the retail and rental ones) stock a decent bit of anime.

Where's the Laser DVD store?

CEX on Upper Liffey St. has some random anime DVDs which are nice and cheap since they're all 2nd hand. Nothing really complete though which sucks ass but it's worth looking as a gem could appear some day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Konata wrote: »
    Where's the Laser DVD store?

The Laser rental store I knew of that stocked a lot of anime was around 5 South Great Georges Street. The retail store was around 15 St. Andrew Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Hey, today in Waterford I noticed that The Book Centre stocked a nice selection of Manga on the bottom circle near the audio books/sci fi section. Its sort of hard to notice as its just a little rotating stand but still very nice.

Some of the stuff there: Naruto & DBZ :mad::rolleyes:. Full metal Alchemist, Death Note, Detroit metal city and about 10 other ones with about 3 copies of each.

So can you add that to the list please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pancynamon

Hi,

I am new here, so please be understanding ;)

How about shops with some gadgets? The stall in Georges St. Arcade is cool, but I'm searching for something more.

Anyone could help?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I was poking around HMV on Grafton St. today, there's a bunch of anime DVD's they're selling off hella cheap. Heat Guy J season 1 boxset is a tenner, Hellsing Ultimate are 3.99 each, same goes for The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Origins. I think volumes of Noein (around 5 eps. per volume) were like 7 euro. I picked up Ghost in the Shell 2.0 on Blu-Ray for 10 euro. Like I said, A bunch more stuff is priced similarly, it's worth the browse.

Oh, I must add CEX on Liffey St to this list. They sell second hand DVDs/games etc. and they've quite a few anime titles. Could be a gem or two, depends on what's there! I recently left in a pile of anime DVDs (I needed money >_<) and someone bought them on the spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭twinex

tall tales bookshop on the main street in clonmel is pretty good choice for manga and graphic novels in general, strangely its opened one day then closed the next....recommended though
    p.s. people might remember it being in waterford a few years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sharon89

that's great I have to admit....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Endless Nameless

Any good places stocking manga in county donegal?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Roswell Comics in Athlone sells plenty of Manga and some figures too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sciencebizare

Any good places stocking manga in county donegal?

The only place I know of in Letterkenny is the comic book store in the courtyard shopping centre on the very bottom floor. They're really pricey though. I have to get all my manga and anime online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Oxfam on Georges street has a collection of manga, but it's not selling so they're talking of getting rid of it

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wendypearl

I love buying in shops, especially since i get some great randoms like generator gawl, red hawk and ray earth... ones i would never have picked online since all the big ones are there that i have already seen and liked but the sad fact is Ireland has no where good. Directors cut in cork is ok but most of the stuff is vol 5 of get backers or vol 3 of full metal panic. I would love a proper anime and manga store but online is the only real option now (Amazon has more but sendit is good too)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ami1989

Tall Tales has reopened down on the narrow street in Clonmel :D There's a lot of manga and they also order too :D Great prices :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

ami1989 wrote: »
    Tall Tales has reopened down on the narrow street in Clonmel :D There's a lot of manga and they also order too :D Great prices :D

Signed,
    Someone who works there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ami1989

Mr E wrote: »
    Signed,
    Someone who works there.
    Actually I don't :P I seriously could do with a job though I'm still in secondary school so I doubt I'll get anything :P I just thought I'd add it on because no ones updated about it :P And considering that Forbidden Planet charge 8.50 minimum for their manga and Tall Tales charge 7 I thought they were great prices :P

Mr E wrote: »
    Signed,
    Someone who works there.

If you have a problem with a post, please report it and not comment on thread.

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 muzgojeb

hi guys. im new. thanks for the list. there is no anime in limerck so i came to dublin for 5 days to buy anime. i both a 7 complete collections in tower records but i could not to find generator gawl. there was only vol 1 and vol 4. i stay until wensday so if somone saw this complete series plese write where.i'm sorry guys but my english is bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 OtakuCon

There's a shop in Clonmel, Co Tipperary that sells a lot of good manga.
    It's just before the GameStop, after the church.
    All the manga is at the back of the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 John_the_smith

ami1989 wrote: »

Thanks a mill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 OtakuCon

That's the place, I had no idea what the name was! Thank you very much! =D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Should add Dublin City Comics and Collectables on Bolton St.

While they don't stock anime or manga they do have a good range of Figma, S.H Figurarts/ MonsterArts, Gundam and Zoids model kits and Play Arts Kai figures in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kikaoshea

Anyone know where I can buy Anime shoes in Ireland? Found some on Amazon US but they don't send to Ireland :-(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 80 ✭✭KevW24601

Waterstones in Cork have a Manga section now as well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Yoshitsune

For Cork City, Vibes and Scribes have a manga selection in the second hand store. The shop sells first hand manga, some in plastic wrapping, and second hand on a large table look through. Vibes and Scribes is worth visiting as the store has a loyalty card system for every €5 that is purchased.

Advertisement