Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyres, chain and sprockets

• 25-01-2020 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

How much approx and where would I get this done near or in Dublin for a Kawasaki ER6 with 17" tyres?

Tyres - Michelin Road 5’s , front and rear

Chain+Sprocket kit - Relatively heavy duty D.I.D. kit

and labour

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Agent_47 wrote: »
    How much approx and where would I get this done near or in Dublin for a Kawasaki ER6 with 17" tyres?

and labour

Why don't you buy them yourself and ask someone how much to fit them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

and labour

Road 5s are 300 a set online and 45 fitted (on the bike). I've been through 2 sets now, first set wore well, 2nd set haven't lasted quite as well and the front is going before the rear. I'm trying a different tyre next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Agent_47

zubair wrote: »
    Road 5s are 300 a set online and 45 fitted (on the bike). I've been through 2 sets now, first set wore well, 2nd set haven't lasted quite as well and the front is going before the rear. I'm trying a different tyre next time.

Cheers Zubair, C&S is a further 250 based on the quote I got from the dealer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Cheers Zubair, C&S is a further 250 based on the quote I got from the dealer

Ye, 200+ is about right. In my experience buying a C&S online and then getting it fitted didn't save much. But you can save 50 or more on tyres if you shop around. Road 5s are over priced in my opinion, I wouldn't use them on the front again as they're near the TWI at one spot but the rear is wearing as expected with plenty left. Angel GTs and metz roadtec 01s are almost 50 less online for a set without any discounts or offers etc.

Advertisement