Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Revert thru Bios to On board graphics issue

• 10-12-2017 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

W 7 : Motherboard Gigabyte GA-FA55M-HD2
    My PC is dead, can't complete post. I suspect a hardware issue. So diagnosis begins; The CPU fan runs and I hear the hard drive spinning up. No beeps. The monitor / cable good. The screen is dead so I cant access bios. There is a discreet Nvidia card fitted. To rule out failure of the Nvidia card I need to revert to the on board graphics via Bios. As the screen displays nothing how can I switch graphics ?
    I removed the Nvidia from the PCI and got a constant tone from the board. Also shorted jumpers on the board to clear CMOS settings to achieve default settings in the hope that it would revert to the integrated graphics. Nada !
    Dont wish to replace the board until I eliminate the Nvidia as causing the issue.
    Thoughts ?

Advertisement