Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Case Mod's

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

saw this case on another forum and thought it was worth a mention here

Just got an e-mail and they took your pic one step further

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

I've been meaning to post this for ages but never bothered :/

This is my baby with the current Waterchill Antartica kit which will soon be upgraded to a 1/2" 2 x 120mm TDX DangerDen kit.

DSCF0044_001.sized.jpg

DSCF0041_001.sized.jpg

Just threw the X800XT in 5 minutes before I took those pics so it's still on stock cooling but once I get the new kit that will be cooled by a DD Maze4 .

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Prosta

P160 with window - you BASTARD.

I wanted 1 of them. Wasen't in stock at the time so settled for a Super Lanboy.

Just got a Dangerden 12v pump and some Primoflex 3/8" tubing. It dont fit my Zalman block, so as soon as I get some 8mm from Hitide I'll post pics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

Nukem wrote:
    Just got an e-mail and they took your pic one step further

door - screen bloody good idea

but er..where do you put the chicago town pepperoni microwave pizzas! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

• Advertisement

unklerosco wrote:

HA HA sucess there are some absolute nutters out there check the pumpkin and the potty as well as the bbq pc. :DEndavor

(MODS)Want to start a sticky for most unusual PC found ;) This could continue a while.

Bring it Bitch!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

heres some night shots of my little baby

fymau

fyv0z

fym47

DSCF0034.JPG

DSCF0033.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭dubdvd

me likes :)would you not stick the zalman on the loop with the rest of the setup ????nice set up ;) your lucky that the zalman gpu block fits into the holes on your mobos NB ....mine was a killer to get right ..due to having no holes....how is that pump going for you ...i was thinking of getting one ...how many lph or gph ......any how she is looking sweet congrats on the new plumbing...very nice work neat and tidy ;)

dubdvd wrote:
    me likes :)would you not stick the zalman on the loop with the rest of the setup ????nice set up ;) your lucky that the zalman gpu block fits into the holes on your mobos NB ....mine was a killer to get right ..due to having no holes....how is that pump going for you ...i was thinking of getting one ...how many lph or gph ......any how she is looking sweet congrats on the new plumbing...very nice work neat and tidy ;)

I pared the end of the green tubing to get it to fit into the cpu block. Tubing has 3mm wall. Sliced off extra with craft knife and then smoothed it out with a heated blade. You get 2 blocks in the Zalman VGA pack. Used 1 on my 9800pro and the other on the Northbridge.

The pump is noisey at full speed, high pitch whine, but I have it hooked up to a fan controller and am getting 35C al lowest voltage which is almost silent.

Nice not having to hit the kill switch on the pump when powering off.

Have some sleeving to do on the new PSU I got.

• Advertisement

Prosta wrote:
    The pump is noisey at full speed, high pitch whine, but I have it hooked up to a fan controller and am getting 35C al lowest voltage which is almost silent.

interesting that..i cant hear the pump for the life of me and its at 12v..its just the fans in my cooldrives that need disconnecting but they are a bugger to get to

:rolleyes:

nice tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

My current almost finished project.

Picture16.jpg

Picture14.jpg

Picture13.jpg

Picture10.jpg

Picture9.jpg

Picture7.jpg

Picture8.jpg

sweeet got the stacker then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Anyone seen this before http://www.xkill.net/rcaslis/computers/Falcon-making/ ?

I want one :eek:

fin3.jpg
    fin6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭savemejebus

quick call alienware and tell them to shove their case designs up their hole, the falcon is the future :D (as long as you don't want to do much)

can you imagine how many people would want one of these, and how much money that dude could make. da mind boggleth :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

Got the new X-Connects PSU recently and never thought it would look so loverly. Need more UV!! still a bit dark imo. Want to put something in the front bays and a few other little things, but i just don't have the time/moolah atm. Here's a few pics anyway

AntecP90a.jpg
    AntecP90b.jpg
    AntecP90c.jpg

Was browsing and came accross these three modded cases.Very nice themes
    DOOM III (mini case) DOOM III HL 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

A couple of pictures of my own case.

http://thegibson.net/marclar/gallery/CaseModdingGallery/DSCF0212_Medium?full=1

http://thegibson.net/marclar/gallery/CaseModdingGallery/DSCF0213_Medium?full=1

DSCF0212_Medium.jpg
    DSCF0213_Medium.jpg

and in there we have:

MSI K8T socket 754 mobo
    1GB DDR3200
    GeforceFX 6800GT (clocked at 6800Ultra speeds)
    AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.0GHz (1MB L2 cache)
    Custom watercooling system with dual 120mm radiator
    8 hard disks (6x250gig, 2x200gig) totalling 1.76 Terabytes
    8x MSI dual layer DVD burner

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭jessy

Hello Marclar, there's an awful lot of storage space in there what PSU you got?

its an "LC Power" (of German origin). Only €50, 120 mm very quiet fan, and I have not had a blip out of it. I recommended the same model to two other people, who both bought it also, and have had no problems either. Keep in mind that I have a 6800GT, overclocked to Ultra speeds.... so thats a lot of power! Recently the DVD burner has been pulled for two 120gb drives (just temporary!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭neokenzo

What case you have there Ebonyks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

neokenzo wrote:
    What case you have there Ebonyks?

Antec P160 Anodized Aluminum Super Midi Tower Case

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/antecP160.jpg

I believe that's it, it's on overclockers.

May aswell post a few pics of my PC:

Here's it with lights on:
    brightpc.JPG

And lights off:
    darkpc.JPG

Specs are:
    AMD 3400+ 64bit 1mb cache 2.2 gig.
    2 x 512 of GeiL Ultra CL2 PC3500 Ram.
    Geforce 5950 Ultra ( overclocked @ 55% of normal speed)
    40 gig HD (main) , 250 Gig, 200 gig (Adding another 2 or 3 soon hopefully)
    8x DVD Burner.

Oh, I was one of the people marclar suggested to get the LC Power PSU, haven't regretted it, 50 euro and no problems at all so far. Really recommended. got mine off www.pc-look.com

Thats a nice PC you got there, some kind of genius must have assembled it :p

GO SUPER LANBOY! glad to hear you've had no problems with the LC power PSU..... I regret ever getting Q-Tec ones, I have two useless ones now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

desk.jpg
    left.jpg
    inside2.jpg
    right.jpg

Spec:

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
    A64 s939 3800+ "watercooled"
    1Gig Corsair XMS-Pro pc3200
    GeForce 6800GT x2 "watercooled"
    74Gig WD Raptor/Samsung Spinpoint 160Gig
    Nec 3500A x16DVD-RW +/-
    Razor Diamondback "Magma" mouse
    Akasa Eclipse-62 Case
    BeQuiet 450W PSU
    4 UV CCFL's

The WC stuff is a huge innovatek Passive Konvekt-O-Matic MAXI Radiator & a single innovatek radiator, 2x Cool-Matic NV40 waterblocks, Eheim 1046 pump with a silver Tank-O-Matic reservoir, black aluminum tubing for connection to the outside passive rad,in-line water temp sensor connected to lcd display at the front.

CPU Ildle -42
    GPU#1 Idle -37
    GPU#2 Idle -39
    Water temp -31
    /with 2 120mm fans at 5V

Benchmarks:
    Doom3 1600x1200 Ultra settings -58fps
    HL2 Stress Test 1600x1200 Full detail -129fps
    FarCry Benchmark 1600x1200 Full detail -54fps
    3DMark05 - 9,196
    3DMark03 - 20,227

CC

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

wow yet another deadly machine by cc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Know we know who robbed that bank up north... That case is the nicest MID tower pc case around imo, plane n simple never fails..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

CombatCow wrote:
    Benchmarks:
    Doom3 1600x1200 Ultra settings -58fps
    HL2 Stress Test 1600x1200 Full detail -129fps
    FarCry Benchmark 1600x1200 Full detail -54fps
    3DMark05 - 9,196
    3DMark03 - 20,227

But will it run my speadsheets

Seriously though thats nice.

What have you got linked to the switches at the front?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

:eek: I forgot the excel benchmark

Thanks lads, the case is fantastic yea, pleanty of room inside and all sprayed black.The first three switches at the front control the 3 120mm fans ''2 on the rad'' and 1 at the back of the case, i can switch them to 12v or off or 5v, and the last 3 switches are to turn the 4 uv cathodes on/off :) It's hard to capture the green glow from the tubing and connectors on camera tho :confused:

CC

Dang thats some rig but you know what would make it better?
    Some Knight Rider/Kit blinking lights above them switches :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Combat Cow once again that is a savage rig....I am sick with envy....what next

Advertisement