Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

rubber tubing

• 25-06-2019 3:33pm

just putting a quick question out there... where could a person (me) get thin rubber tubing, a couple of mm in diameter. I can order it online but will have to wait 3 working days etc. It would be great to get it this evening..

its for flushing the print head on an ink-jet printer, I have just watched a youtube video on the handiest way to do this. You attach one end to the nozzle of the print head chamber, and the other to a syringe (without the needle). You flush the print head by pulling and pushing the solution through the chamber via the syringe.

Not your normal AH thread, I know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

A shop near where you live/work depending on where you live/work?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Your steam iron might have one. Or a kids water gun.

Don't think there's an aisle for 2mm rubber tubing.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Bike shop. You used to be able to get it for sealing bike valves. They may have some lying around.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Your nearest gimp shop should have them. They use them for vodka enemas.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,396 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

just putting a quick question out there... where could a person (me) get thin rubber tubing, a couple of mm in diameter. I can order it online but will have to wait 3 working days etc. It would be great to get it this evening..

its for flushing the print head on an ink-jet printer, I have just watched a youtube video on the handiest way to do this. You attach one end to the nozzle of the print head chamber, and the other to a syringe (without the needle). You flush the print head by pulling and pushing the solution through the chamber via the syringe.

These days it's probably cheaper to just buy a new printer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Thin electrical cable,if you can pull the wire out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

How many mm diameter?

Motor factors will have 10/8/6/4mm ID tube, maybe more sizes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Yeah right OP, of course it’s for flushing out an inkjet cartridge...we all believe you ya durty fcuker!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Where do you live?

Try asking a technician, PhD student or lecturer in science or engineering department in close by college or university.

There be tubing from hplc instrument that may do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Any lego technic lying sets around? use the little vac pipes from one of those

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Something like this?

heroin-paraphernalia-dara.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I can trade you some , I just have to get it out of A&E past security.

What have you got to trade ?
    I'm looking for a magazine of an MG34 , a real one now , none your replica ****.

How many mm diameter?

Motor factors will have 10/8/6/4mm ID tube, maybe more sizes

thanks for the tip. I got sorted out, I hadn't thought of the motor factors.

thanks to everyone else for the suggestions

(now where did I put that crystal meth recipe...)

Advertisement