Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eir Mobile SIM only €14.99 per month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Pflano

bromley52 wrote: »
    Has anyone with Eir or who has been with Eir for mobile only had issues with customer service?
    I'm currently on Vodafone Student PAUG and dont want to leave it if Eir are truly as bad as people are saying.

I've been with them for the past year or so on a 30 day SIM only contract and can honestly say I've never had a problem with them. Switched from Tesco Mobile when service kept dropping and I'm happy with them

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Alex Cohen

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    If you sign up via the OneBigSwitch phone number it's €14.99 for 12 months.(€9.99 if you take broadband at €34.99pm also)

Signing up in store it will be 6 months. Both phone contracts are on a rolling 30 day contract.

I did this. Chose eir mostly because of the sports pack (although epl is done for time being). Was easy enough.

Just called on 1800 303 719. But I think you can do it at onebigswitch.ie too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,656 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

shocksy wrote: »
    I agree with all that. Vodafone are an absolute disaster. I wouldn't be joining them and paying them for their well over priced monthly plans. For €15pm with Eir, once you're up and running, you can't beat that price. The network works fine for me and I never need to contact their customer care.

This is the truth of it.

Eir are a disaster to deal with if something goes wrong, but Vodafone are no better and trading on their legacy reputation. These days they're no better from a customer service/back office perspective, but they are ridiculously overpriced and poor value. Their network is no better than eir in most places, and indoor coverage is abysmal (read the many comments on WiFi calling - or lack thereof - and suresignal issues - including dangerously overheating - on their boards forum).

The truth is that Comreg should never have approved the sale of O2 to 3 as while they weren't great either, they at least drove some competition and innovation in the market from the others.

It's a bit ridiculous that for a country which wholeheartedly embraced the mobile phone, that we don't actually have ONE all-round "decent" network.

Alex Cohen wrote: »
    I did this. Chose eir mostly because of the sports pack (although epl is done for time being). Was easy enough.

Just called on 1800 303 719. But I think you can do it at onebigswitch.ie too.

FYI.. The future of BT Sport with eir is in doubt so far as I'm aware. Sky have a deal with them to bundle it as part of their services prior to the new season. This could see them removed from eir, or that you'll need to pay for it anyway.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/eir-customers-could-lose-out-on-bt-sport-and-premier-sports-as-sky-take-over-1.3823004

If this was a deal breaker you may want to read up on it before the cooling off period expires

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

KildareP wrote: »
    VF is waiting bud,,,,,,no comparison to the eir ****e customer care,wake up ppl EIR DO NOT CARE !

Vodafone are as bad, if not worse.

They're moving to a callback only model for support, can't ring up and be put straight through to most departments any more. Plenty of reports online of only being able to schedule callbacks days away. At least they can say they don't leave people stuck on hold, eh!!

Their social media team seem to have gone MIA for the last month - a handful of responses here on boards, no responses in well over a week on their own website forum and most posts on their facebook unresponded to bar a generic post about receiving a high volume of queries and they're working through them in the order received.

Live chat is permanently busy.

Out of the frying pan etc. etc.
    You're 200 percent wrong- VF live chat are fantastic, someone will be live chatting within 3 minutes,want to check your facts,I was onto them 5 times in the past 3 month's,sorted immediately,bar once

• Advertisement

You're 200 percent wrong- VF live chat are fantastic, someone will be live chatting within 3 minutes,want to check your facts,I was onto them 5 times in the past 3 month's,sorted immediately,bar once

VF previously screwed my porting out so badly and made it so impossible to get someone who could sort it out that I had to wait for a letter from their credit team which had the main switchboard number on it before I finally got it sorted.

My experience with live chat services in general is that it's OK for any very basic or routine questions or requests. Anything more than that though and you're in for some long phone calls - and I've been through all the main operators, but it's not restricted to just telecoms companies either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭KildareP

Try it. Go on. I've had reason to try livechat this week (mainly since I couldn't get a response anywhere else) and spent the whole day repeatedly filling out the initial chat screen only to click through and be told all agents were busy.

Vodafone are just as bad as you make Eir out to be in your unusually high numbers of posts on this thread, each attempting to rubbish them (and big up vodafone).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Can anyone give idea of the mobile data speeds of Eir?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

jeffk wrote: »
    Can anyone give idea of the mobile data speeds of Eir?

I am not getting great speeds in Douglas Cork. About 15Mbps. If I get 4G+ it goes up to about 30Mbps.

When I was with Vodafone it was much faster. 4G was regularly about 30-40Mbps and 4G+ up to 60/70Mbps

KildareP wrote: »

Try it. Go on. I've had reason to try livechat this week (mainly since I couldn't get a response anywhere else) and spent the whole day repeatedly filling out the initial chat screen only to click through and be told all agents were busy.

Vodafone are just as bad as you make Eir out to be in your unusually high numbers of posts on this thread, each attempting to rubbish them (and big up vodafone).
    Google eir customer care,or check the various bits here over the years,rir are total ****e ref customer care, VF come out in top every time, FYI I got onto live chat no problem earlier today. , amazing isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭KildareP

Google eir customer care,or check the various bits here over the years,rir are total ****e ref customer care, VF come out in top every time, FYI I got onto live chat no problem earlier today. , amazing isn't it?

They are just 4 behind Vodafone in reputation and a huge jump from where they were sitting in the bottom 5 a year or two ago:
    https://thereputationsagency.ie/view/var/files/reptrak/2019/Ireland-20RepTrak-202019-20--20Website-20version-20NB-20090519.pdf

I have dealth with vodafone both on the consumer side and on the corporate side and my dealings have been overwhelmingly awful every time. But equally so with Eir.

I just find it odd how you are on some kind of mission to bash Eir on this thread at every available opportunity whilst bigging up vodafone. As far as I am concerned their backoffice support is equally as bad as each other.

You also ignored my points about vodafone phone support being gradually reduced and their social media channels being effectively abandoned the last month.

Anyway that's enough for me on vodafone. If you sign up to this deal and it goes swimmingly you are onto a winner and fair play. If not prepare for pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

All "live chat" services are bots anyway. If one is better than another it just means that it's got better modelling.

All "live chat" services are bots anyway. If one is better than another it just means that it's got better modelling.

Total BS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

A bit off topic but if my Billpay contract is up with Eir on the 29th of this month adn i cant get them to give me any existing or new customer deals to stay albeit switch to SIMO can i just arrange with one of the other providers to switch over on May 30th ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

You're always pimping Vodafone as being great.

But you've had to contact customer service five times in 3 months?

Doesn't quite tally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Doesn't quite tally.

Excellent post

Every step of this thread I'm fed up of seeing corks finest posts bashing Eir at every opportunity. It's actually quite pathetic at this stage on his/her part. Obviously has very little to be doing with their life. I suggest you let that chip on your shoulder go. It must be awful having it weighing you down everyday. Anyway, no one is saying that Eir is great, but for €14.99 a month and a 30 day contract, it sure beats Vodafones 12 months contract of 6 months at €25pm and the final 6 months at €35pm. You also get way more data with Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭paddym1

I think it is only fair to report the good as well as the bad. I called the 1-800 number about this deal, got through immediately, all done & dusted inside 10 minutes.

2 days later SIM arrived (it was 5.30 in the evening on the day I called). Since I was at work with access to a PC, I went to live-chat for the porting. Got an immediate response (well, less than 10 seconds). Chat session lasted 5-10 minutes, and port was completed less than an hour later.

I don't doubt the problems that are being reported, but in my case everything went as smoothly as I could have possibly expected. Data speeds seem good (I was with Lycamobile, whose data was "unpredictable"). Eir Sports app loaded straight away, seems like a great app, and probably even smoother than SkyGo.

Now I'm hoping that the service will continue to be as good for the next 12 months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Managed to sign-up to this 14.99 deal last month for 12 months (I'm an eir customer, was paying 30 for the same deal previously).

Bill came in today: 14.99 + once-off service charge of 14.xx

Only found out it was a 'once off' after I contacted web-chat (which in fairness I was through to in 1 min)

Bit odd, but i'll let this one slide, so long as the following bills stay at 14.99

Doesn't quite tally.
    My fault I'd say,my payment goes through,but not for vodaphone x,so it takes me all of 3/4 minutes to state my case,and bingo,,,,,of course maybe you're the rare exception that doesn't get through in a few minutes, frankly I don't believe it

Doesn't quite tally.

Excellent post

Every step of this thread I'm fed up of seeing corks finest posts bashing Eir at every opportunity. It's actually quite pathetic at this stage on his/her part. Obviously has very little to be doing with their life. I suggest you let that chip on your shoulder go. It must be awful having it weighing you down everyday. Anyway, no one is saying that Eir is great, but for €14.99 a month and a 30 day contract, it sure beats Vodafones 12 months contract of 6 months at €25pm and the final 6 months at €35pm. You also get way more data with Eir.
    No chip honey bunny,and I'll not give in giving out about eir and their crap customer care, myself and countless others were ****ed about by them,do each time I see an eir " bargain alert" I'll advise all and sundry how inept they are( they really are crap,again Google their ****e customer care ) ta ta for now,hugs heading your way

• Advertisement

Hey, I upgraded my contract last Friday and was informed that my account would be migrated to your new system at Eir. Since then I have being having some problems on the technical side. When I log into My Eir, it says that there is two profiles linked to my account. One of them is the new o
    07-Dec-2017 13:27 in eir by shocksy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

FYI.. The future of BT Sport with eir is in doubt so far as I'm aware. Sky have a deal with them to bundle it as part of their services prior to the new season. This could see them removed from eir, or that you'll need to pay for it anyway.

I think it's a sneaky deal by Sky which will allow them show Champions & Europa League matches next year in exchange for allowing BT to show more PL matches.
    This then means viewers will have to get 2 Subs, more expense!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

bromley52 wrote: »
    Total BS

You must be under the impression that live chat is intended to do something other than reduce headcount in call centres

Hey, I upgraded my contract last Friday and was informed that my account would be migrated to your new system at Eir. Since then I have being having some problems on the technical side. When I log into My Eir, it says that there is two profiles linked to my account. One of them is the new o

You just proved my point about not having a life hahaha you went through my post history. Pathetic. A problem which was solved straight away by PM. So once again your points are irrelevant.

You just proved my point about not having a life hahaha you went through my post history. Pathetic. A problem which was solved straight away by PM. So once again your points are irrelevant.
    Kiss kiss lover,just proving a point that eir are messing u about since 2017 ,of course they're fantastic aren't they,grin,grin,grin

Unfollowing post now until eir bargain alert raises it's inept head again,take care

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Received sim today from nightline, tried port online and it wouldn't go through. Tried online chat but got nowhere with the edjit copying and pasting from a script. Then I gave 1905 a call and was pleasantly surprised. Was told there was a more than 10 minute wait but only waiting about 30 seconds. Then I got through to a very helpful csr based in Ireland. He he had me ported over in less than 10 minutes and was able to fix the 2 problems that his other colleagues messed up on my original broadband order details.

Kiss kiss lover,just proving a point that eir are messing u about since 2017 ,of course they're fantastic aren't they,grin,grin,grin

And you know that I'm being messed about since 2017 do you? :rolleyes: right so. Jog on you fool. You're now ignored as Mods won't do anything about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Anyone know the data allowance for this contract when roaming in the EU?

• Advertisement

funnyname wrote: »
    Anyone know the data allowance for this contract when roaming in the EU?

30GB

Advertisement