Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommend a new washing machine

• 04-10-2019 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    so after 19 yrs faithful service & two previous repairs our Neff washing machine has finally been condemned to that great graveyard in the sky.

I'm looking for advice on a replacement:
    - doesn't have to be Neff
    - must be an integrated one
    - has to fit within these dimensions: H 870mm, W 595mm & D 577mm

Would like:
    - as many programs/features as poss :-)
    - to have it plumbed in by the shop (extra cost I know)
    - as many kg as poss.
    - to buy from a shop, not online as I want to see what it's actually like

Happy to pay a bit more if the machine is reputable, reliable & has extra features worth the money (like being able to open mid-cycle to add a sock or something)

Thanks in advance,
    JTK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

The fact that your Neff lasted 19 years why not stay with Neff Siemens or Bosch all the same group and still performance wise still up at the top. looking for a bigger drum may push your washer out too far as it is in depth that the machines get bigger with their drums, height and width stay the same so watch out on that one. Machines nowadays have much quicker programmes with the afore mentioned group having wash programmes from 15 minutes upwards and most programmes variable timewise by setting them for speed wash, normal or eco. There is also a good chance that the integrated door fittings will swap over with very little or no alteration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

The fact that your Neff lasted 19 years why not stay with Neff Siemens or Bosch all the same group and still performance wise still up at the top. looking for a bigger drum may push your washer out too far as it is in depth that the machines get bigger with their drums, height and width stay the same so watch out on that one. Machines nowadays have much quicker programmes with the afore mentioned group having wash programmes from 15 minutes upwards and most programmes variable timewise by setting them for speed wash, normal or eco. There is also a good chance that the integrated door fittings will swap over with very little or no alteration.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Are heat pump condenser dryers worth the extra cost price when running costs are taken into account?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Esel wrote: »
    Are heat pump condenser dryers worth the extra cost price when running costs are taken into account?

TBH I don't think so, cost price much more expensive, running costs far less but if it gives trouble it can be either electrical or the refrigeration unit, how many local service engineers have the gear to change a heat pump or any associated parts

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Bigger drum and faster spin cycle can shorten the lifespan of the washing machine especially if you tend to put in heavy loads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Just to add. See it in the shop then look for it online and see of its cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭jtkpenguin

Thank you everyone for your very helpful replies, I appreciate your advice.

We've researched & visited various stores, finally finding this one in PC World & got it in-store for €802.95 incl. delivery & fitting. https://www.currys.ie/ieen/household-appliances/laundry/washing-machines/aeg-7000-series-l7fc8432bi-integrated-8-kg-1400-spin-washing-machine-10186025-pdt.html

It's due to be delivered Wednesday so I'm hoping we can last with clean clothes until then... :-)

JTK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Invisibleman

My wife is pretty good, I can do you a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭jtkpenguin

Thanks, but no thanks invisibleman, my wife is also getting good at the hand washing but is very fed up with it all & her hands are getting a bit too rough for normal duties - IYKWIM ;-)

Advertisement