Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Joe be Gone Til November like Wyclef Jean? Liveline: 17/09/2019 to date

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Car99 wrote: »
    RTE is obsessed with misery. WTF? People have enough misery in their lives without being bombarded with it morning noon and night , weekends included .

It's an Irish thing. We like nothing better than relating tales of sickness, death and general misery. We don't like to see anyone enjoying life.
    It's a leftover from our Catholic past. 'We are on this earth to suffer'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

An ad for Funny Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭daveorourke77

An ad for Funny Friday.

If that doesnt result in a spke in suicide then nothing will.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Its worse things are getting Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Roger_007 wrote: »
    As Joe would say "A slew of calls came in".

(A 'slew' is more than one).

De sluice gates of Ardnacrusha.........
    The level of ignorance surrounding this issue is astounding.

Are you new here?
    An ad for Funny Friday.

Huge revenue earner that one.......for Mr. Duffy and his chums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

*looks at title of thread*

After 43 years, I have finally won something. This is a special occasion for me and I'd just like to say thanks to SligoJoe. Not for any other reasons other than that I have no real life friends that I can thank.

Yeah me!

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

Wow that is a bad thread title.
    Wow.
    Nearly as bad as funny fridays

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Abel Ruiz wrote: »
    Wow.
    Nearly as bad as funny fridays

:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

*looks at title of thread*

After 43 years, I have finally won something. This is a special occasion for me and I'd just like to say thanks to SligoJoe. Not for any other reasons other than that I have no real life friends that I can thank.

Yeah me!
    ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Abel Ruiz wrote: »
    Wow. Nearly as bad as funny fridays

Ah feck off then :mad:

**permanent sulk**

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

Catherine is a c**t. Full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Ah feck off then :mad:

**permanent sulk**

Your one win and you get that cr@p Jer. :)

Phone Joe at 1850 715815.

You may get through to someone else but just carry on anyway and keep calling them Joe. :D

• I’ve been hiding out in de Balkans, so to speak, for de past week or dat; I return in de early hours dis marnin, unpack and put stuff in de wash. I’ve just laid €44 for de taxi fare, having paid €2 for my last taxi fare in sensational Sofia where all de traffic came to a halt to let me hobble with crutch across de literally yellowbrick road of equivalent of O’Connell St and dat.

Sleepless on Ryanair, later at home I switched on de radio l, then lapsed into a serious sleep and heard and half dreamed Katie mumbling stuff. I realised I must be home, but thought I must vevin a time warp as Katie had been in de radio Before my trip, and thought surely de Master must have returned. Heard nothing of the show, only woke up to Farcy and realised I must collect De Cat from De Cattery.

I’ve had a nice breakeen in a luvely country, Joe must feel permanently rested with his odd appearance on de radio, and frequent overnight stays in nice hotels for Unfunny Fry-days, and with Derry Clarke spooning up dinner on a not infrequent basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Jow needs to get back here asap. There's one of them Bridal dress providers gone tits up according to the papers.

It's just what's needed after all the misery of late. Whinging brides and their mudders...back to the good ol' days.

I’ve been hiding out in de Balkans, so to speak, for de past week or dat.

Welcome back Pet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I’ve been hiding out in de Balkans, so to speak, for de past week or dat; I return in de early hours dis marnin, unpack and put stuff in de wash. I’ve just laid €44 for de taxi fare, having paid €2 for my last taxi fare in sensational Sofia where all de traffic came to a halt to let me hobble with crutch across de literally yellowbrick road of equivalent of O’Connell St and dat.

Sleepless on Ryanair, later at home I switched on de radio l, then lapsed into a serious sleep and heard and half dreamed Katie mumbling stuff. I realised I must be home, but thought I must vevin a time warp as Katie had been in de radio Before my trip, and thought surely de Master must have returned. Heard nothing of the show, only woke up to Farcy and realised I must collect De Cat from De Cattery.

I’ve had a nice breaker not in a luvely country, Joe must feel permanently rested with his odd appearance on de radio, and frequent overnight stays in nice hotels for Unfunny Fry-days, and with Derry Clarke spooning up dinner on a not infrequent basis.

Welcome home Petal. Was that your "main" holiday?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Welcome home Petal. Was that your "main" holiday?

At least Cat didn't claim she would be here all Summer modding and then feck off. :)

I’ve been hiding out in de Balkans, so to speak, for de past week or dat; I return in de early hours dis marnin, unpack and put stuff in de wash. I’ve just laid €44 for de taxi fare, having paid €2 for my last taxi fare in sensational Sofia where all de traffic came to a halt to let me hobble with crutch across de literally yellowbrick road of equivalent of O’Connell St and dat.
    Welcome back

Here's an update. Since you've been gone, the assisted suicide debate veered over to suicide, with a brief interlude, espousing the dangers of vaping (not enough deaths) and a very tedious few days trying get some Independence era IRA medals back to the owner's descendants. Don't listen back.

I think we're expecting Joe back on Thursday.

Butters got a mention in The Broadsheet, and Jeremy won the competition to name the new thread. Most of the suggestions were shïte, including my own, but don't tell Jeremy that. He's still buzzin'.

Hope you had a nice trip. Sofia is supposed to be lovely.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    At least Cat didn't claim she would be here all Summer modding and then feck off. :)

You can mod by email from anywhere in the world these days, ya know.

Welcome back

Here's an update. Since you've been gone, the assisted suicide debate veered over to suicide, with a brief interlude, espousing the dangers of vaping (not enough deaths) and a very tedious few days trying get some Independence era IRA medals back to the owner's descendants. Don't listen back.

I think we're expecting Joe back on Thursday.

Butters got a mention in The Broadsheet, and Jeremy won the competition to name the new thread. Most of the suggestions were shïte, including my own, but don't tell Jeremy that. He's still buzzin'.

Hope you had a nice trip. Sofia is supposed to be lovely.

I thought Jeremy's was sh1te too. But I can't tell him as I'm the only friend he has and it might have him ringing Joe with "suicidal ideations" next week.

All joking aside I turned down the radio today. I think I mentioned it here before. One of my very closest friends hung himself last year. To this day nobody knows what made him do it. Serious wedge in the bank and no debts. Son just graduated and got a good job. . Family all good and he loved each one of them dearly. Bulbs planted and garden ready for the spring. I visited him for a regular coffee two days before and you'd never think there was a thing wrong.

Here's the thing. He did it knowing his long time partner was going to find him. He adored the ground his mother walked on. He was extremely proud of his son. How could he do it to them? The head must go completely.

It was he who was saying he had a bad line, not KH though. .

I think the production can contol the sound from incoming and out going calls and manipulated it to make look like bad line again.

• Advertisement

If Jow is to be back Thursday I wonder will he be interviewed/confronted by 'Over Dee Wall' and will there be extra security after Darcy's grilling yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭cozar

katie spends 90% of the programme reiterating what caller is saying. if Joe is back thurs will dat be Funny Friday at the Ploughing.?

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    If Jow is to be back Thursday I wonder will he be interviewed/confronted by 'Over Dee Wall' and will there be extra security after Darcy's grilling yesterday.
    What?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    What?
    D'Arcy was heckled and ran for cover at the ploughing when asked about his "ashamed to be Irish" comment.. ie "your ashamed to be Irish but you're not ashamed to collect 500k from the Irish taxpayer"

What?

Ray was confronted at the Ploughing and asked about a recent show where he said he was either ashamed or embarrased to be Irish I can't remember which. He was also asked about his 400k + pay. He was caught on the hop.

I can't link to the FB video footage sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

I'm at the ploughing today and had a look in the rte tent! Its gigantic!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

In the tent pi55ing out on the rest of us... Where have I heard that before?

• sligojoek wrote: »
    You can mod by email from anywhere in the world these days, ya know.

I thought Jeremy's was sh1te too. But I can't tell him as I'm the only friend he has and it might have him ringing Joe with "suicidal ideations" next week.

All joking aside I turned down the radio today. I think I mentioned it here before. One of my very closest friends hung himself last year. To this day nobody knows what made him do it. Serious wedge in the bank and no debts. Son just graduated and got a good job. . Family all good and he loved each one of them dearly. Bulbs planted and garden ready for the spring. I visited him for a regular coffee two days before and you'd never think there was a thing wrong.

Here's the thing. He did it knowing his long time partner was going to find him. He adored the ground his mother walked on. He was extremely proud of his son. How could he do it to them? The head must go completely.

Bad moments can come into the head in spite of everything apparently being fine and dandy to the outside observer. In fact I think it is sometimes as well to have some very apparent stressor in one’s life, that can be appreciated and understood by others who will rally around and support. I suspect these tragedies happen when people feel that their stressor is not something that can be shared for any number of reasons-maybe embarrassment, shame, or/and that one feels one has dug themselves into a deep complicated hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,790 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

- Halloween festival in Cavan, a caller is worried it will upset the spirits (hers is probably Gin)
    - Electric Shock collars on dog, ya or nah
    - Samaratans Ireland accepting money for paddypower , the outrage, a caller is disgusted
    - Dublin Landlord, a bit of sex for reduced rent , what colour was the sex ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

This thread title is soooo funny

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement