Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kia Niro EV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

Has any of ye noticed UVO app glitching lately?
    It has become unresponsive for me, app is opening fine but execution of commands isnt working. Only getting this message "No-response" No response to remote climate control/lock doors, etc

Any ideas how to get system back online?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭chewed

Stefs_42 wrote: »
    Has any of ye noticed UVO app glitching lately?
    It has become unresponsive for me, app is opening fine but execution of commands isnt working. Only getting this message "No-response" No response to remote climate control/lock doors, etc

Any ideas how to get system back online?

Yes, I did notice that yesterday when I was trying to check my battery percentage. It kept saying no response!

Just tried it now and it works (to retrieve battery %) albeit a bit slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭championc

Hardly ever bother with it TBH. I think the data gleaned is more useful to Kia's R&D Dept than it really is to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭chewed

championc wrote: »
    Hardly ever bother with it TBH. I think the data gleaned is more useful to Kia's R&D Dept than it really is to us.

I think the Send POI to Car feature is pretty handy. You can search for eircodes and then send to car. For some reason you can't search eircodes in the car's sat nav!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

Sent an email to KIA dealer about UVO issue, will see what they ll come up with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭JohnC.

App is working fine for me now. Didn’t use it yesterday, so I may have missed whatever the problem was.

I like the app if only for being able to put on the heating when I’m about to leave work, now that the weather is getting colder.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭CoffeeBean2

The UVO app appears to track trips, distance, time etc. And you can also view this information in the car itself.

Is there anything similar to track the charge history of the car? Like On Tuesday at 9am the car was charged 12kWh or something like that, I think it would be really useful if you could track this in the car.

Might be available via the ODBII port ? I think you can get similar details from LeafSpy from a Leaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

chewed wrote: »
    I think the Send POI to Car feature is pretty handy. You can search for eircodes and then send to car. For some reason you can't search eircodes in the car's sat nav!

Yeah me too, the nav UI in the car is functional but counter intuitive. I noticed UVO being unreliable too over the weekend even though I rarely use it. I stood outside the car at home on Saturday and unlocked with phone, the hazard lights flashed but then UVO presented some error

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Yeah me too, the nav UI in the car is functional but counter intuitive. I noticed UVO being unreliable too over the weekend even though I rarely use it. I stood outside the car at home on Saturday and unlocked with phone, the hazard lights flashed but then UVO presented some error

I could never get the unlock to work, Lock works fine though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭jasonc5432

xboxdad wrote: »
    Well, a few people are paying 3xx here so with a middle-aged driver and b10 I'd expect to pay that. Will see if I can get it. Note, one person here said they went from an end-of-life car to the 41k car and got 3xx. That's similar to my situation.

What is "b10"?

This is the road I went down. I cancelled the AA/Kia Assist, cancelled the garage (somewhat motivated by the fact that the car seemed to have picked up 400kms on the odometer between when it was towed away and when I got it back), cancelled the replacement vehicle, and got myself a charger and a jump starter kit. I left the battery on the charger for a few hours which didn't seem to make any appreciable difference, but the Nico Genius Boost worked like a charm and now has permanent residency in the car (general word of advice - don't keep it in the boot, as it's quite tricky to access when the 12V battery is dead). Needless to say, I'm a bit of a laughing stock after spending €40K on a car that, three months on, I need to pop the bonnet to start. It does seem to be alive this morning, so I'll see how things fare over the next week, and decide then if it needs to go back to the garage, for some more swapped parts and mysterious mileage.

Any update on your issue? How are Kia dealing with you? Have many other owners got the same issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

jasonc5432 wrote: »
    Any update on your issue? How are Kia dealing with you? Have many other owners got the same issue?
    I provided updates in later posts on this thread, but yes, all got sorted in the end. The problem was with the smart junction box (fuse box below the steering wheel). While there have been other 12v battery issues reported (to be fair, this isn't exclusive to eNiros), I haven't noticed any with exactly the same issue we had. The issues were a PITA and there were a lot of problems with finding a garage to sort it out, but generally speaking, Kia Ireland were ok. Took a lot of threatening with 'not fit for purpose' and 'refund', but we got there in the end. Problematic parts were replaced and the battery was replaced (though the garage/AA didn't think it was an issue). If you're buying one, I would suggest picking one up near where you live as you will have more leverage if things go wrong. We couldn't go back to the original dealership, as it was the other side of the country.

Despite 5 weeks of heartache, we really love the car and I can definitely see us being happy with it for 8+ more years.

Yeah me too, the nav UI in the car is functional but counter intuitive.

Has anybody been using Android Auto with the eNiro? I use it all the time in my current car (not an eNiro) and never use the native maps system for this reason.

Also, is it true that, even in Android Auto, the eNiro screen doesn't allow 'pinch' (multi touch) zooming in and out? My current car is a budget car compared to the eNiro and I find the pinch functionality very intuitive especially when figuring out congestion etc

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭xboxdad

What is "b10"?

bonus, 10 years without any claim

Has anybody been using Android Auto with the eNiro? I use it all the time in my current car (not an eNiro) and never use the native maps system for this reason.

Also, is it true that, even in Android Auto, the eNiro screen doesn't allow 'pinch' (multi touch) zooming in and out? My current car is a budget car compared to the eNiro and I find the pinch functionality very intuitive especially when figuring out congestion etc

Me and my wife use Android Auto all the time. Never even tried the built-in nav in 11k kms.
    It does support pinch-to-zoom - on model year 2020 at least, not sure about the 2019 model.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭CoffeeBean2

xboxdad wrote: »
    Me and my wife use Android Auto all the time. Never even tried the built-in nav in 11k kms.
    It does support pinch-to-zoom - on model year 2020 at least, not sure about the 2019 model.

Personally I find the built in nav and functionality better than that of Android Auto. The fact that AA does not use the full screen is a little annoying.

In the past, I found systems built into cars to be slow, but that's not the case here. At least not with the SE.

Personally I find the built in nav and functionality better than that of Android Auto. The fact that AA does not use the full screen is a little annoying.

In the past, I found systems built into cars to be slow, but that's not the case here. At least not with the SE.

I want the same system everywhere. Even when I'm on a motorbike and using voice navigation with a headset. I get exactly that via Google Maps navigation.

In my experience all these systems are imperfect and I need to get used to the ways they're failing and the situations they are making mistakes in.
    I don't want to get used to a new set of issues with a new car or on a motorbike. I know the good and bad about Google Maps and that's a very valuable thing to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Me too. I like the way the "now and next" instructions are available in the driver display, along with the "distance to next" countdown, and having the distance to destination right beside the estimated range is great... especially when the destination is a charger. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

It does support pinch, the interface is only counter intuitive when compared to Google but in and of itself is responsive. It has some really nice touches in the native map and integration not afforded by Apple Car thing (which I rarely, if ever, use), most mentioned here.

The touch screen is also nicely responsive, no split second lag or the like. The only clunkiness is in the search interface, it just demonstrates how much more superior Google is.

• Advertisement

First time change with the car. Am I missing something or do I really have to manually toggle the daylight savings setting? A small thing in the grand scheme of things, but slightly disappointing that it isn't fully automatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

JohnC. wrote: »
    First time change with the car. Am I missing something or do I really have to manually toggle the daylight savings setting? A small thing in the grand scheme of things, but slightly disappointing that it isn't fully automatic.

There should be a setting in the infotainment that gives you the choice of how the car handles the time change. Something like where the car gets the time signal from.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,417 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yes, it's a bit annoying. Even my old Nissan Pulsar handled it automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭zg3409

I prefer a manual option as every 6 months they threaten to stop doing daylight savings time. If it was offline and automatic it would need a dealer update, if it was online and automatic it would need HQ to issue a fix. Either way its going to mess up a lot of automated systems in clocks, laptops, home heating timers, house alarms etc. Think of the amount of custom software for company clock in systems etc.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0716/1063487-daylight-savings-time/

zg3409 wrote: »
    I prefer a manual option as every 6 months they threaten to stop doing daylight savings time. If it was offline and automatic it would need a dealer update, if it was online and automatic it would need HQ to issue a fix. Either way its going to mess up a lot of automated systems in clocks, laptops, home heating timers, house alarms etc. Think of the amount of custom software for company clock in systems etc.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2019/0716/1063487-daylight-savings-time/

If they are to end it, there will probably be at least a years notice, not just deciding to stop it at the next change.

If they are to end it, there will probably be at least a years notice, not just deciding to stop it at the next change.

From memory, the decision will be taken by all countries next march, as to whether to move their clocks forward an hour, or not

championc wrote: »
    From memory, the decision will be taken by all countries next march, as to whether to move their clocks forward an hour, or not

Yeah i think the proposal was to stay on "summer time"

Extra daylight in the evening is much better than the morning.. even if its not bright until 10 in the depths of winter.

graememk wrote: »
    Yeah i think the proposal was to stay on "summer time"

Extra daylight in the evening is much better than the morning.. even if its not bright until 10 in the depths of winter.

Yep, the vote went in favour of Summer Time, so the final vote will be whether to change it to Permanent summer or keep it changing Summer/Winter.

I'm glad the majority chose Summer time because think about it, if we were permanent Winter time it would be bright at 3 am Summer and dark at 21:50 instead of 22:50 at the height of Summer and that is no good to anyone.

I don't care about driving to work in the dark but I like to get home when it's a little brighter.

I don't care about driving to work in the dark but I like to get home when it's a little brighter.

Yeah even working outside, it would be dark when you start, but at least its always getting brighter, When you start losing the light in the evening, it goes fast. Esp in North Donegal.

Ireland and the UK should stay the same though, Hopefully We'll go with it.

• Advertisement

graememk wrote: »
    Yeah even working outside, it would be dark when you start, but at least its always getting brighter, When you start losing the light in the evening, it goes fast. Esp in North Donegal.

Ireland and the UK should stay the same though, Hopefully We'll go with it.

I would imagine the U.K continuing with the outdated practice of changing the clocks twice a year.

I would hope the Irish Government keep us on summer time and not worry about the North or use the North as an excuse to keep us changing the clocks twice a year this would be ridiculous.

Advertisement