Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel [Amazon]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,817 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Kelly Bishop and Milo Ventimiglia join

• Registered Users Posts: 60,272 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 4 starts February 18th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I’m watching season 3 episode 5 and the sound keeps going out of sync.

I’ve tried other stuff on Prime and Netflix and don’t the usual close the close, disconnect the headphones, etc but I go back to the episode and after a few minutes it is out of sync again

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

I don’t watch trailers but thanking you anyway.

I can’t the thread for this show is only two pages. Is this because the show is excellent and there is nothing to complain about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Very underrated show, which I think contributes to it flying under the radar a lot. On paper, it's not even a show that would normally appeal to me, but it soon becomes very endearing, despite some annoyances. Lots of great performances, especially the lead. Really looking forward to season 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

To be honest after posting I realised I never hear people discuss or see anything online other Brosnahan winning an award (which which seems to be why I thought it was more popular).

Just so funny. And more than just funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

It's a great show, just so refreshingly different but in ways maybe why people haven't gotten on board at the same time.

Maybe if it wasn't for Rachaels awards it wouldn't have been kept afloat as long even so thankfully it has and looking forward to the new season might wait till it's all out think it's 2 a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dalyboy

New season (4) coming out 18th Feb on prime. The Sophie Lennon character played by Ozarks Jane Lynch was outstanding. Such a simple phrase “put that on your plate” was unbelievably funny when said on a stage set for a serious melodrama performance .

Renewed for 5th final season

• Advertisement

That was a great season and Lenny shone throughout and that clossing few minutes of the final episode now nicely set up for the final season.

2 episodes down in Season 4. It reminds of Mad Men in certain ways, viscerally with the colour palette, being the immediate one. Both are a biting satire of the American way, with its driving superficiality of image, especially social image and drive for achievement- where the benefits of this are supposed to outweigh the disadvantages. The characters in this just happen to be hilarious.

Class series, though seems to be running out of steam story-wise now, so although delighted it has another series, not surprised this will be the last one. If it maintains the quality by the end, this will probably finish as one of the best comedy/drama series around, yet one most people have never heard of.

great cast, but its run out of steam and basing major plot points around an actual historical figure was always a messy distraction.

star turn from herself but i reckon no harm to put a cap on it at this stage tbh

Finished season 5. Been putting it off for ages, as I didn't want it to end. From the off I didn't particularly like the zipping forward and backwards to the different time periods throughout this season, but you could tell it was to tee up the finale, and didn't mind it after a short while. The season, though a different format from the previous ones, was just as charming and funny as they were. And the finale was Marvellous.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭squonk

It’s an interesting one alright. I can only relate my own experience and maybe it’ll resonate with others.

On paper this looked like my kind of show. Any excuse for more Tony Shaloub on my TV is a good thing and I was really looking forward to seeing Alex Borstein branching out a bit. Once I started watching neither disappointed but I soon realised it wasn’t really my kind of show. I can’t really figure out why exactly. I did find Tony Shaloub’s character a bit too melodramatic but I think it was a load of very little things that put me off. I stuck with it til season 2 and somewhere in that season I kind of drifted away.

It wasn’t that it was a bad show. Far from it. It was very well executed but I also didn’t feel I liked it enough to come on here to discuss. Once I drifted away I also didn’t feel strongly enough about the show either to complain.

I may return to see how i fare with it as a rewatch, especially as all five seasons are in the can now. It may be one I pick up over a Christmas holiday or some extended period like that. We’ll see.

Advertisement