Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

Caught the last few minutes there, like some child that's wound up that lad. Heaven knows what he was like for the rest of the programme

He’s a bit obsessed with hairdressers and box dye and the “awful damage” it does to the hair. I must have the most damaged hair in the history of humanity as I’ve been using “box-dye” since my hair turned from blond to dull mousy aged 14, and I’m now 59.

Does he not realise that the chemicals used by the hairdresser are exactly the same as those available in various brands of “box dyes”. The hairdresser mixes it to a particular predictable colour they think will suit your hair, and yes it works out well. But it is very very expense keeping up colour maintenance by a hairdresser and with a bit of experimentation you can achieve exactly the colour you want. What’s more I find it fun trying different shades. The only thing that people might find trick it re-touching toots. I just pour the stuff over my head and nothing terrible has happened yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

...With Ryan I get the sense more that he is telling you what you should be thinking, it doesn’t come across well at all.

It's the "be like me" hour.

As in: read as much as I do. Hate social media as much as I do. Enjoy lightweight Trump bashing as much as I do. etc, etc, etc.
    He’s a bit obsessed with hairdressers and box dye and the “awful damage” it does to the hair....Does he not realise that the chemicals used by the hairdresser are exactly the same as those available in various brands of “box dyes”...

Again, it's all about the preaching.

Why bother going to the effort of informing yourself when the real aim is to virtue signal about 'supporting local business'. We should all be as concerned as he is about the poor aul hairdressers.

"I hope they earn a fortune" he says.

I wonder would it ease his pain if I sent him a handwritten letter to tell him about how the hairdresser who lives on my street has been raking it in the last few weeks in cash-in-hand jobs. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

It's the "be like me" hour.

As in: read as much as I do. Hate social media as much as I do. Enjoy lightweight Trump bashing as much as I do. etc, etc, etc.

Again, it's all about the preaching.

Why bother going to the effort of informing yourself when the real aim is to virtue signal about 'supporting local business'. We should all be as concerned as he is about the poor aul hairdressers.

"I hope they earn a fortune" he says.

I wonder would it ease his pain if I sent him a handwritten letter to tell him about how the hairdresser who lives on my street has been raking it in the last few weeks in cash-in-hand jobs. :D

Hand jobs? Shes expanding her skill set!!!!!!

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Hand jobs? Shes expanding her skill set!!!!!!

She does a great blow dries too! 70 quid but worth every penny. Has me broke though - in every sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Bryan "going to try the pint thing" this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,618 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Whoa...steady on there, Keith Richards! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Careful he might fall into one. He's so bonkers and up for a laff THAT lad

Careful he might fall into one. He's so bonkers and up for a laff THAT lad

He's trememdous craic - just like his mother, sure where do you think he got it from?

Jaysus I'm worn out after than sermon!

Paki-bells Canon? Bryan channelling his inner Mr. Duffy there.

• Advertisement

fúckin hell he's still going... did he not just say he was going to move on to something happier a few minutes ago?

Whoa...steady on there, Keith Richards! :D

The bold schoolboy at the back of the class

fúckin hell he's still going... did he not just say he was going to move on to something happier a few minutes ago?

I missed everything from "the pint thing" to "Paki-bells Canon" as I was on a call. Has it been wall to wall death?

I missed everything from "the pint thing" to "Paki-bells Canon" as I was on a call. Has it been wall to wall death?

He mentioned the zipping sound of a body bag closing at one point.

25 minutes of the usual preaching with the patronizing tone of a 3rd class teacher.

Don't do de accent!

Right, I'm off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Ye shouldn't be torturing yerselves listening to THAT lads ramblings of a morning lads (m/f) life's too short

Despite myself, I listened to Ryan this morning in the car on the way back from the weekly shop (sad, I know)

I had a light bulb moment (which many of you will have had already - I’m just late to the party...). It was, “why do I find the show (and, indeed, Ray’s) so hard to listen to. My answer is....

The monologue.

For whatever reason, they both start the show with a fifteen minute meander over the papers, their opinion on (please insert an incredibly oblique and off-piste subject here, with some tenuous association with some in-the-moment issue); what they read/saw/ate/encountered whilst shopping/riding their bicycle/ were talking to their offspring - you get the drift...

In the real world, when we meet up with someone, whether casually, unexpectedly or deliberately, we have a dialogue with them. We don’t sit there for fifteen minutes with our receiver on and our transmitter off.

So, the “exchange” we don’t have with Ryan (and Ray) means the whole thing is a falsity.

And that’s why I have stopped listening

It's essentially this:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,977 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Its meant to be comedy but its probably so close to the truth.

Another article in the mirror today.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/ryan-tubridy-delighted-haircut-says-22277294

The usual gibberish but have new levels been reached?

"I think the most important thing today is to say to people is enjoy that first hug that you haven't had for a long long time.
    "You are like warriors in the desert who have not had a glass of water for months and this hug is your glass of water.
    These houses that you're going to and the family and friends that you're going to meet, they're your oasis, you've got there."

• Advertisement

Hilary Clinton. FFS.
    Tubs doing various accents.
    Now claiming the Tubridy's are the only people in Ireland to have seen "Johnny Dangerous". He's probably technically correct, because the movie he's referring to is actually called "Johnny Dangerously". So he can't even get the title of one of his supposed favourite movies correct.

PieOhMy wrote: »
    Another article in the mirror today.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/ryan-tubridy-delighted-haircut-says-22277294

The usual gibberish but have new levels been reached?

"I think the most important thing today is to say to people is enjoy that first hug that you haven't had for a long long time.
    "You are like warriors in the desert who have not had a glass of water for months and this hug is your glass of water.
    These houses that you're going to and the family and friends that you're going to meet, they're your oasis, you've got there."

No plans to head to the pub? Yesterday he was saying he "going to try the pint thing" in a pub.

NK and Co. are really busy during COVID to be fair, pumping out such waffle can't be easy.

A little cheese! Bryan fancies some "fromage" so he plays Backstreet Boys. Well I guess The Beatles were a boyband too so at least he's consistent.

The movie Tubs was referring to:

Multi-millionaire tells us he prefers "Health over Wealth". Easy for you Tubs.

Champion of the people, sympathising with pilots and hairdressers and all who had to take pay cuts.

He should take one himself just as an expression of solidarity.

Champion of the people, sympathising with pilots and hairdressers and all who had to take pay cuts.

He should take one himself just as an expression of solidarity.

I said back in March the likes of Tubs, D'Arcy, and Mr. Duffy should donate their outrageous fees to some COVID-related charity or to support frontliners or the purchase of PPE etc. but alas it fell on deaf - but wealthy - ears. I always love it when millionaires tell me how to spend my money.
    Don't forget though, Bryan is a brave survivor of "the thing".

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭More Music

........ How's retirement going?

What are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭More Music

See, that comment isn't even about the programme. It's a hatred and jealousy for a man that in your eyes, makes easy money.

How is it "easy" for Tubs?

Surely somebody scraping through on minimum wage would also prefer health over wealth.

I'm pretty sure we'd all prefer to be cancer free rather than have a million in the bank. Easy for me also.

I'm out.

• Advertisement

More Music wrote: »
    What are you on about?

I think he is suggesting who you might be,which I didnt think was allowed..But in the case of this poster,I think theres a bit of "Teachers Pet" going on in this thread.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement