Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Blacklist [NBC - US] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sky Living has picked this up and it is suppose to air here in October

• Registered Users Posts: 9,963 ✭✭✭cena

Anyone watch this yet. Starting on sky this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Starts tonight in the States, Friday (Sky On Demand), and October 4th on Sky Living.

Threads merged.

• Advertisement

Marje wrote: »
    The Blacklist will start on Sky Living 04 October at 9pm.

:cool:

I liked it a lot. Somewhat implausible, but a good cast and James Spader was hamming it up nicely. Something tells me that
    Lizzie's husband
    is on the blacklist.

I'll watch a few more....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Mr E wrote: »
    I liked it a lot. Somewhat implausible, but a good cast and James Spader was hamming it up nicely. Something tells me that
    Lizzie's husband
    is on the blacklist.

I'll watch a few more....

Great idea, let's make a TV Show based on Jimmy Spader's sh*tlist. ;)

Implausible alright, but it's got some potential (unlike this other piece of garbage I just warched, Hostage. God only knows why Toni Collete has signed up for this).
    Hubby surely has to answer for the hidden cash, gun and passports

Very Alias vibe opening episode to me and enjoyable, Spader is great perfectly cast imo, not too keen on Megan Boone yet as the female lead Liz, I don't think Redd is her father

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

I liked it for the most part, but i think it's a little forumlaic. It's crime/villian of the week in present time, with a flashback to push the overall story arc forward. That's been done to death at this stage, but it's certainly better than The Following anyway. I'll give it a few more episodes because i like Spader.

Bring back Rubicon :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

I enjoyed the opening episode.
    It just seems a bit stylish or something.
    Spader is a cool character but how long
    can they
    drag the list out for?

Ill stick with it but theres too many decent shows on atm

It's pretty much this seasons mismatched cop drama where a pair of mismatched and at odds people find themselves thrown together to save the day. Spader is excellent and obviously having a blast though you have to wonder just who thought it was a good idea to dress him up like The Shadow. He looked ridicolous and almost as if he'd stumbled out of some 1930s crime drama b

The plot is ridicolous and the various plot strands are interesting though I really hope that they throw away the whole parental relationship aspect as its the shows least interesting. And I'm sure that this is the kind of show that will dangle one answer before us only a week later to tell us that it was just a bluff and the real truth is sometying completely different.

One thing I can't get over is just how much it reminds me of the Lector novels. It's pretty much the further adventures of Clarice and Hannibal as they solve crime and work out their issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Very Alias vibe opening episode to me and enjoyable, Spader is great perfectly cast imo, not too keen on Megan Boone yet as the female lead Liz, I don't think Redd is her father

no but a partner of his father maybe got him killed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

One thing I can't get over is just how much it reminds me of the Lector novels. It's pretty much the further adventures of Clarice and Hannibal as they solve crime and work out their issues.

That's true although one main difference was that Lecter was more homicidal and salt of the earth. Conversely, Red seems to be more of the upscale espionage/money laundering/extortionist/have others do my dirty work sort of criminal.

Lirange wrote: »
    That's true although one main difference was that Lecter was more homicidal whereas Red seems to be more of the upscale money laundering/extortionist/have others do my dirty work sort of criminal.

I was referring more to the relationship between the two and how it played out rather than the characters being the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Head over heels for this. I've watched the pilot 3 times now, and each time I like it more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

Loving this Spader rocks new eats every scene. Just keep waiting for Denny Crane to pop out

Lizzy is using Linux ... smart gal. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Loved the pilot, as long as Spader keeps the ham in check, should be a keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭squonk

Definitely has legs does this show. Spader is always great and it looks to be ramping up nicely.

• Advertisement

It got a back 9 order, bringing it up to a full season of 22.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=109808

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭sioda

Great news

I loved the pilot but with the 'additions' in episode 2 I am beginning to have some doubts. Then there's the spader laugh, it took all of 6 seconds in epi 2 before he did it, it's a little annoying tbh.
    Still having Isabella Rossellini in the show was a classy touch. ( she may be in lots of shows for all I know)

7 minutes into episode 2 and I want to sit down with people behind the show and slap them till they understand that if you can't afford convincing CGI then don't resort to cheap, mid 90s level CGI that the SyFy channel would call laughable. The helicopter in flight and the train crash looked like they were lifted from some PS1 launch title.

Not a bad second episode and already the cracks are visable around the edges. Spacer is a lot of fun though much like in Hostages you wish that he was a little less smug. Lizzie is, well Lizzie is one of those too cool for school characters whose played with such a cold lack of emotion that you simply can't warm to her. I don't care about her as a character or her history.

The writing in episode 2 was a step down from the pilot and if it took you more than 30 seconds to realise who the villain is then you must have only recently acquired a TV for the first time. At 13 or so episodes per season I could see The Blacklist being something far more interesting but at 22 Im not sure that I can get all that invested or interested, unless of course the writing seriously improves.

"Stung by a Manta Ray" :D:D

I am coming to the conclusion that the villain of the week thingy is just a ruse, and that Reddington has a big score planned. This could get really good.
    mmm Apples

Episode 3, much like number 2 was something of a mixed bag. The overall story is shaping up nicely and it's obvious that Reddington has something major in the works and isdimply working the FBI to furthur his agenda. I'm thinking that the apple man may be Keen's dad though I'd much prefer if they did something a little less generic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I can see this getting a bit repetitive, especially if it's going to be a 22 episode season. The whole relationship between the two of them is interesting and the husband story as well but if every week they manage to capture/kill someone on the list in the last 5 minutes of the episode, it's going to get a bit boring.

I suppose that's the problem with network shows, everything has to be wrapped up in successfully in the hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

sioda wrote: »
    Loving this Spader rocks new eats every scene. Just keep waiting for Denny Crane to pop out

Couldn't help it, The name's Crane, Denny Crane:

image.png
    I can see this getting a bit repetitive, especially if it's going to be a 22 episode season. The whole relationship between the two of them is interesting and the husband story as well but if every week they manage to capture/kill someone on the list in the last 5 minutes of the episode, it's going to get a bit boring.

I suppose that's the problem with network shows, everything has to be wrapped up in successfully in the hour.

Loving the story, but the backstory on the husband & shady past will probably be used as leverage on Lizzy nearer the end?

Advertisement