Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Golf Tips Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

sounds wise, although you never know

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Have gone with Kaymer, Johnson, Pettersson and Barnes this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

Donald shot new course record on pro am 62

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Tampa Bay Championship

Going with my picks as above. That round from Donald and his record in Florida means I'm adding him also.

Webb Simpson 1.0 Pts e/w @ 18/1

Sergio Garcia 1.0 Pts e/w @ 14/1

Luke Donald 1.0 Pts e/w@ 16/1

Sang-Moon Bae 0.5 Pts e/w @ 80/1

Avantha Masters

Not liking the look of much here so i'm just going with the one small bet.

Jeev-Milkah Singh 0.5 Pts e/w @ 30/1

Good luck everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Walter lemon

Went with

De Laet
    Brian Gay
    Aaron Baddelly
    Sang Moon
    Robert Garrigus

• Advertisement

Went with donald and simpson

Simpson putter is freezing missed 5 putts under 10 ft fr birds and missed a 3ft fr par good strart by donald

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 786 ✭✭✭fangee

Sorry. I know it's kicked of but I fancy Adam Scott at 16's and Michael Thompson at 40's. I've back both to win.

Choi and scott awful yesterday reckon 8 under will win it

Hoping for a good final day from Donald and Garcia. Gutted with Garcia yesterday, Hopefully he gets the putter working better today. Agree that about -8 should win.

• Advertisement

A score was out there boo got it the amount of 8/9 ft fr birds simpson missed this week has shot 13 birds and 10 boogies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Dufner's tee to green play was generally excellent. His putting however, was embarrassing at times.

That's a tough course and I love watching players struggle...watching this week though just reinforces how hard it is to pick winners and also how you're never out of it until the final ball is sunk. Boo wasn't shown on telly once all week and he nearly robbed the thing!

I don't think anyone in that field this week will be a factor in the masters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Definitely think Gmac is worth an e/w bet at Bay Hill this weekend. He was runner up here to Tiger last year. He is at 25-1 on several sites and a few of them are paying out to 6 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Definitely think Gmac is worth an e/w bet at Bay Hill this weekend. He was runner up here to Tiger last year. He is at 25-1 on several sites and a few of them are paying out to 6 places.

yeah i agree but i just can't take to backing him,anytime i do him he plays sheite.
    I would think Rose will be up there this week although he's a bit skinny,also Westwood at a decent price should go well here.

Gmac driving it better this year..... cant believe price on bradley has come down from 33s to 28s cant do simpson til putts better..
    ? Sneds just back from ribs tough to get winner this week

Arnold Palmer Invitational

- Tiger Woods @ 3/1 (2.0 Pts WIN ONLY) Tiger has to be backed this week. 3/1 is short but I am confident he will have a good week at an event that he has won 7 times. And with McIlroy not playing I am sure Tiger will want to close the gap to get back to #1 in the world.

- Keegan Bradley @ 30/1 (1.0 Pts E/W) He is having a good year and has already placed twice for me this season, I think he is very close to a win, he has only played here once before in 2011 and had a bad time when he missed the cut. He is a different player now and if he has a good week with the putter then he will be right in contention.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Good to see a general golf betting thread thread I just wanted to say.

As for the Bay Hill event, haven't backed Tiger this low in so long but will do so for this week. Bradley is usually a solid pick too.

Going on course form Rafa cabrera Bello @28/1 is the stand out value in the euro event,the likes of Charl at the top of the market too short for my liking.

Went with Bello@28/1 in 2 seperate doubles with Westy @33/1 and Rose @18/1
    Did e/w singles also

thinking of doing patrick cantley on webdotcom tour louisiana open 20s withh pp

jjll wrote: »
    thinking of doing patrick cantley on webdotcom tour louisiana open 20s withh pp

you prompted me to have a look at this one and now i have to do a bet of course.
    At 50/1 Darren Stiles looks real value,stuck a fiver e/w for the interest.

I love Cantlay,tipped him up this year at Pebble beach where he finished 9th this year,however,at 20/1 on a course that should suit the bombers i'll give him a swerve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Peter Hanson Top 20 @ 15/8
    His CV is littered with great performances on Bermuda Par 72 formats like Abu Dhabi, Doha, Emirates and Earth Course. He's also performed admirably at Fanling (Classical Bermuda), Valderrama (Classical) and Sheshan (Par 72), plus his win at Lake Maleren (+7,600 yard Par 72) last October when holding off Rory McIlroy was truly impressive. In the US he's performed well at Doral (4th 2012, 8th 2013), Augusta (3rd - 2012), Pebble Beach (16th US Open 2010), Congressional (7th US Open 2011), Firestone (8th 2010) and Kiawah Island (7th 2012). That's a decent list of Tiger-positive tracks if ever I saw one. He actually played Bay Hill as a non member in 2011, so has course experience and his strong current Greens in Regulation game in tandem with Bermuda putting from the top draw (+0.603 PGA National and +1.432 Doral) makes him extremely dangerous this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Have gone with Watney, Pettersson, Hanson and Hoffmann. Added Laird also, 150/1 and won the tournament 2 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭ledgebag1

Henley
    Keegan bradley
    Els
    De laet
    Garrigus

I am the eternal optomist :)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

Went with big phil,rose,garcia,mcdowell,fowler had a score on tiger at 11-1 last time out and would love to lump on at 3-1 but im lacking the balls haha Went with kim kyung tea at 66-1 in malaysian open never heard of him but reckon he is a local :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Kyle Stanley for me. 200-1

Good start by stiles fr you bob cantley started wel but now 1 over

Good start by stiles fr you bob cantley started wel but now 1 over

yeah and Rose looking solid also

looking like malaysia will be 3 round tourny as weather bad tomo and tourny must be finished before malaysia grand prix according to tourny director

looking like malaysia will be 3 round tourny as weather bad tomo and tourny must be finished before malaysia grand prix according to tourny director

thanks for that,not happy as i have Cab Bello and i think he would need the 4 rounds to sneak a place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

SnowDrifts wrote: »

Ouch.

Advertisement