Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The elephant in the room thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

kasper wrote: »

jag mk2 logbook in the link but ad has already been removed:cool:

did you report the ad to DD already kasper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

davycc wrote: »

no I did not report it , that is just one example of many and I wouldn't like to make any enemies . sure some people don't believe cloning exists .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

davycc wrote: »

I have a 'spare' Jag Mk2 logbook!:D ...not for sale:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Here's a pic (bottom right) of a Range-tina. Cortina estate on Range Rover chassis :eek::eek:

Interesting possibilities if anyone had enough time , welding gear :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

there was an irish reg'd mgb-gt last week on done deal 1965 i think, someone had gone to the trouble of fitting the later interior, dashboard, door cards, bumpers, suspension...... oh and a friend went to look at the vintage v8 range rover converted to diesel, owner got all defensive and asked my mate to leave when he asked about the lack of chassis numbers....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

serious3 wrote: »
    there was an irish reg'd mgb-gt last week on done deal 1965 i think, someone had gone to the trouble of fitting the later interior, dashboard, door cards, bumpers, suspension...... oh and a friend went to look at the vintage v8 range rover converted to diesel, owner got all defensive and asked my mate to leave when he asked about the lack of chassis numbers....

That in itself should carry the death penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭kuro2k

Untitled-2c_zpsb1b0d1ad.jpg

Untitled-2_zps0e3bd3f6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

kuro2k wrote: »

Untitled-2_zps0e3bd3f6.jpg

Whats wrong with it (I know nothing about Mercs) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

A 1980 E-class Merc would be a W123 model - this is a W124 model from 86 − 96

Also the 250 engine (2.5 litre) was discontinued during the W123 model run (and the car is the wrong colour ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

swarlb wrote: »
    Whats wrong with it (I know nothing about Mercs) ?

1980 reg, that model (w124) didn't come out till about 86, although I think some coco offices allowed the transfer of old regs numbers, but were they still doing it up to 86?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Even if transfers were being done up to '86 (which I doubt), the colour is wrong.

Also, the records show it as a petrol car - the white one could be a W124 250 diesel (5-cylinder OM602 or 605 engines), but no petrol W124s were 2.5 - the only 2.5 petrol engine came in the W123 (M114 or M123).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

I would nearly swear that plate originally belonged to a well known funeral director in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭adunis

Anybody notice all the Porsche 944's appearing that are wearing 924 identities,some even have oval dashboards,for what it's worth cartell et Al aren't very dependable,seems I have a 3.5 petrol range rover TDI at least they have the year and colour right !!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭mountai

Check this one out.

Car picture.jpg

And this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Kit cars...depends what they are based on

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pounder770

Here's a real beaut......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

pounder770 wrote: »
    Here's a real beaut......

WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭pounder770

WTF?

Apparently it's an MG......

This picture was taken at a show recently.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

An orange 1973 MG Midget.

it deserves its own picture for the record

267020.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

The owner of that 'MG' is seriously taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Wonder if he has "classic insurance" on it too :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Basil Fawlty

He probably did that just to watch you lads have a canary. Hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭oceanman

He probably did that just to watch you lads have a canary. Hilarious!
    yeah I was thinking the same myself:)

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭adunis

FFS revenue man hello where are you ?,seriously what kind of a country is this ?.......,ah sure let's bend the rules nudge nudge wink wink,it will never change cos we're all a bunch of fcukin emits for putting up with this carry on in all aspects of our society dare i I mention bankers and politicians,I wish I was a French farmer/trucker And has some balls but no let's all keep shouting into an empty fcuking room.

Heres another one. Dont know what part of an MG Midget was used. Certainly not the chassis, (Impossible) Might it be the engine?? 1500 engin in a cobra?? Dont think so ---- Yes its just clicked ---- The Number plate!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

mountai wrote: »
    Heres another one. Dont know what part of an MG Midget was used. Certainly not the chassis, (Impossible) Might it be the engine?? 1500 engin in a cobra?? Dont think so ---- Yes its just clicked ---- The Number plate!!!!!

XLI 245 in front of it

Regarding 're-regs' - Does the UK / NI have a similar problem , NO, because their govt. has a sensible approach to motor tax rates !!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Capri wrote: »
    Regarding 're-regs' - Does the UK / NI have a similar problem

YES, a small one. Not blatant, your average Joe wouldn't spot it, but mainly cars that would otherwise fall the wrong side of the tax exemption line, mysteriously getting an earlier identity to pay Historic Vehicle VED (e.g. Nil rate)

Advertisement