Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

€50 Draft League H2H

Comments

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I was offered Luiz, Richarlison and Pulisic for Duffy, Maddison and Zaha.

Good offer.

I’d have struggled with that one.

As much as I like Maddison I would have gone with Luiz, Richarlison and Pulisic.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Anybody want my players?

Just had a look.

Would love to be able to say something positive but it does look like an uphill struggle.

Although you do have 3 more points than me !!!

Last week I would have given you a good offer for Ritchie but alas he’s now injured.

Sorry Chesty but I’d only want Aguero and there’s no selling him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Just had a look.

Would love to be able to say something positive but it does look like an uphill struggle.

Although you do have 3 more points than me !!!

Last week I would have given you a good offer for Ritchie but alas he’s now injured.

Sorry Chesty but I’d only want Aguero and there’s no selling him.

I was happy to keep Ritchie but now he is injured.

It’s going to be a struggle, it is going to be a case of patching up as season goes on, looking for punts

Jesus. Can’t catch a break in this league.

I’ve posted 3 good scores in a row now and still sitting on zero points.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Jesus. Can’t catch a break in this league.

I’ve posted 3 good scores in a row now and still sitting on zero points.

You're up against me next GW, you'll be fine then.

• Advertisement

Yeeeaaahhhhhhh.

First points of the season.

Only had to wait 6 GW’s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Yeeeaaahhhhhhh.

First points of the season.

Only had to wait 6 GW’s.

I was going to say how have you won already but then I saw your score, I think you're safe. It's gonna be a tight league by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Gavin Salad looking in a very strong position.. and he lost Laporte with the injury and has had Allison injured since GW1.. god help us!

If anyone else is bored with the international break then throw a few offers my way..

I would class Ederson, Wan-Bissaka, Fraser, Tielemans, Lanzini, Fraser and one of Wood/Barnes as dispensable to me if the right offer came in. Not inviting low-ball offers as am content enough with them, won't be swapping them out on the waiver market or anything - I'm in another draft with mates and the offers that get thrown around are disgraceful, it actually gets annoying after a while.

Enjoying the draft game though I must say, adds interest to more players in more games. The H2H format is interesting too as you can have a crap week and still get 3 points - can be harsh on people though as lady luck does play quite a big role with this format.

Yeah I’m enjoying it too Trimm.

Struggling like **** with injuries.

Not sure who’s had the biggest injury yet as in first or second round draft pick.

My defenders have been my Achilles heel so far.

Only need to have 3 of them fit but currently carrying 5-6 injuries, altogether, so will be great when I have 13-14 fit and available.

Then it’ll be weekly selection headaches.

Not sure if the H2H format is better than the traditional scoring but having played it a couple of years ago I felt it was pretty much all over too soon so I guessed the H2H format may give people something to fight for weekly.

You could easily bring in 2-3 players, any given week, that might get you the 3 points.

It’s a real enjoyable distraction from the main game.

In fact my first AND second round picks, Lacazette and KDB, have missed games but especially Lacazette.

• Advertisement

I'm struggling big time with my midfield. Lucas Moura is seeing no game time, Pogba is constantly injured and then I have too many mismatches. I would definitely be looking for any midfielders going :)

Defence wise is basically a week by week strategy where i will pick based on fixtures and see where there is potential clean sheets.

Not going great since a solid start. Need to stop the rot this weekend.

Only need to have 3 of them fit but currently carrying 5-6 injuries, altogether, so will be great when I have 13-14 fit and available.

Then it’ll be weekly selection headaches.

Yeah its hard to know whether its worth holding on to injured players, especially if you have a few.

No good having lots of players back from injury in your not in contention at that stage and its sickening when you lose out by 2/3 points and you haven't fielded a full team.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,807 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Gavin Salad looking in a very strong position.. and he lost Laporte with the injury and has had Allison injured since GW1.. god help us!

If anyone else is bored with the international break then throw a few offers my way..

I would class Ederson, Wan-Bissaka, Fraser, Tielemans, Lanzini, Fraser and one of Wood/Barnes as dispensable to me if the right offer came in. Not inviting low-ball offers as am content enough with them, won't be swapping them out on the waiver market or anything - I'm in another draft with mates and the offers that get thrown around are disgraceful, it actually gets annoying after a while.

Enjoying the draft game though I must say, adds interest to more players in more games. The H2H format is interesting too as you can have a crap week and still get 3 points - can be harsh on people though as lady luck does play quite a big role with this format.

Think drafting Tammy has probably been the difference maker for me early on. Remains to be seen whether he can carry that on for the full season though.

Everyone happy going into the weekend ?

If I win my H2H I’ll leapfrog the guy I’m playing in the league standings.

Always a nice incentive.

First time happy with my squad this season. Just need some of the main players to stay injury free for a period now.

Hasn’t happened so far though.

Edit - could do with Gavin Salad dropping a few points. Over to you very spursy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Mcnage01

I'll do my best to take a few points off Gavin!

Caught between two minds on whether to start Kolisnac away to Shef Utd, or Alli at home to Watford. Anyone care to weigh in? It's a 50/50 call in my mind.

Really enjoying the league so far. Also broadly happy with my team for the first time.

Did some transfer business with Trimm this week. Like him, I'm open for business on almost all of my players once the offer is reasonable. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

How do you make offers ?

I can see by no one making me offers my team is ****e :)

Mcnage01 wrote: »
    I'll do my best to take a few points off Gavin!

Caught between two minds on whether to start Kolisnac away to Shef Utd, or Alli at home to Watford. Anyone care to weigh in? It's a 50/50 call in my mind.

Really enjoying the league so far. Also broadly happy with my team for the first time.

Did some transfer business with Trimm this week. Like him, I'm open for business on almost all of my players once the offer is reasonable. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

I don’t think it’d be fair or right to offer an opinion on who to start.

The problem I’m finding with transfers is unless it’s a straight swap it’s difficult.

The transfer I did with you earlier in the season is a good example. I wanted Cancelo but had to offer you a poor defender and a good midfielder to get your ‘good’ defender and and poor midfielder.

So a straight swap is so much easier but then the offers have to be more like for like.

I’m have Mosie Kean but not sure what’s going on there. I thought he’d comfortably be first choice.

How do you make offers ?

I can see by no one making me offers my team is ****e :)

You can’t make offer at this stage of a GW.

It’ll more more obvious when the GW kicks off.

If you’re still struggling then mention it again and we’ll explain.

Edit - I’d love a Liverpool attacker, as a fan it would make the game more fun for me, and I’d offer you Haller and Kean for Firmino but there’s no way we can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Mcnage01

You could offer two good players for the player you want plus a weak player.

For example if someone wanted Salah I'd want two very very strong players in return for him plus one of my weakest players.

Mcnage01 wrote: »
    You could offer two good players for the player you want plus a weak player.

For example if someone wanted Salah I'd want two very very strong players in return for him plus one of my weakest players.

He hasn’t got a weak striker. He has Aguero and Jesus.

And in fairness I don’t have a throw away player either. I did have up until this week but now my 15 are all very strong imo.

• Advertisement

And in fairness I don’t have a throw away player either.

Things aren’t looking great for Kean - no goals after 9 games and only 4 minutes off the bench yesterday.

Things aren’t looking great for Kean - no goals after 9 games and only 4 minutes off the bench yesterday.

True.

Hope it’s a settling in thing.

Any injury to DCL could see Kean get a go.

He hasn’t got a weak striker. He has Aguero and Jesus.

And in fairness I don’t have a throw away player either. I did have up until this week but now my 15 are all very strong imo.

Yeah I need midfielders.

I’d swap someone for Grealish?

Yeah I need midfielders.

I’d swap someone for Grealish?

Good player but I’ll hold Yarmolenko for now.

League tightened up a little bit after this weekends results.

Top 2 play each other next GW so more points will be dropped and should tighten up again next week.

League tightened up a little bit after this weekends results.

Top 2 play each other next GW so more points will be dropped and should tighten up again next week.

Yea it was a good week for the minnows. I got a rare win with 23 points off 3 new transfers(Cancelo, Barnes and Connolly) which shows there's still a few gems out there.

Yea it was a good week for the minnows. I got a rare win with 23 points off 3 new transfers(Cancelo, Barnes and Connolly) which shows there's still a few gems out there.

Definitely. I’ve been grinding my way through it. Forwards are mainstay and defence is a constant change. Brought in Watford defence last week in hope of a cleanie v Bournemouth at home. It worked.

Midfield similar.

I’ve only held Pogba but think I might have to change him now

I’ve only held Pogba but think I might have to change him now

Yea I'm thinking the same with Eriksen. It's tough letting them go when you know how much they cost in FPL.

Yea I'm thinking the same with Eriksen. It's tough letting them go when you know how much they cost in FPL.

This is it and then the fear of someone snapping him up for the 2nd half.

I stupidly let Grealish go. I’d love to own him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,807 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This is it and then the fear of someone snapping him up for the 2nd half.

I stupidly let Grealish go. I’d love to own him!
    Are you sure? I was sure I'd owned him from the beginning!!

Advertisement