Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail jobs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Has anyone whos taken stage 2 got a rejection email, even last year? Or are we just left to wonder? Not sure whether we would get a rejection email or just not receive any further communication if unsuccessful. Surely they would send a rejection?

I know of nobody that has. It may take weeks or months. If you have done stage 2 and not got a medical or first interview date.. I don't know.

They seem to get people in in batches so just because you have not been called for a medical etc does not mean you are out.

We all applied at the same time (Jan 2019) so a wait is to be expected!

Covid would be slowing the process up as well.

Don't pin your hopes on it. I didn't. I was proud I got as far as I did!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭M7roadrunner

Tejay86 wrote: »
    What was the medical like , where did you have to go for it.

I had to report to CIE medical centre in Marlborough St in Dublin.
    They checked my weight and height, then asked me my medical history, urine test, blood test, ecg cardio test, followed by a hearing test in a booth.
    I then met someone else who went over my medical history and family medical history, I had a colourblindness test, and an eye test, blood pressure test and a listen to my lungs.
    I think that was all, and it took about two hours in all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 missoptimistic

Has anyone whos taken stage 2 got a rejection email, even last year? Or are we just left to wonder? Not sure whether we would get a rejection email or just not receive any further communication if unsuccessful. Surely they would send a rejection?

I've just received one 5 mins ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭blue movie

I've just received one 5 mins ago!

I just got mine too.
    Can't win them all I suppose.
    Best of luck to the rest of you guys hope you through

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

Also got the rejection there, best of luck to all going on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Andybar88

I got an email for medical and manager interview...did my HR interview the other day. Last hurdle.

Guys and Gals I'm sorry to hear ye got a rejection email..wish y'all the best of luck in the future.

Andybar88 wrote: »
    I got an email for medical and manager interview...did my HR interview the other day. Last hurdle.

Guys and Gals I'm sorry to hear ye got a rejection email..wish y'all the best of luck in the future.

You got as far as me. I hope you go further.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Moshman

prinzeugen wrote: »
    You got as far as me. I hope you go further.

After all the time and effort that you put in did they offer you a reason that you didn't get a position or give you any feedback at all?

Moshman wrote: »
    After all the time and effort that you put in did they offer you a reason that you didn't get a position or give you any feedback at all?

No. What I will say is that the first interview gives you a hint! It was a structured interview. Little chance to sell yourself to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Andybar88

Is shorts and t-shirts recommended for the medical or would you get away in normal clothes

• Advertisement

Andybar88 wrote: »
    Is shorts and t-shirts recommended for the medical or would you get away in normal clothes

Normal clothes is fine. I wouldn't wear too many upper layers as you are on/off with your t-shirt/jumper etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Moshman

No. What I will say is that the first interview gives you a hint! It was a structured interview. Little chance to sell yourself to them.

I've found your feedback very insightful and helpful, always happy to answer questions and supportive of other candidates. I think it's I.R.s loss. Best of luck with the other position you're in for and thanks for your help....

• Registered Users Posts: 15 andybar

I had to report to CIE medical centre in Marlborough St in Dublin.
    They checked my weight and height, then asked me my medical history, urine test, blood test, ecg cardio test, followed by a hearing test in a booth.
    I then met someone else who went over my medical history and family medical history, I had a colourblindness test, and an eye test, blood pressure test and a listen to my lungs.
    I think that was all, and it took about two hours in all.

Did you ever get the call for the manager interview?
    Iv mine tomorrow. I passed the medical last Wednesday.

Nearly there this is the final hurdle

andybar wrote: »
    Did you ever get the call for the manager interview?
    Iv mine tomorrow. I passed the medical last Wednesday.

Nearly there this is the final hurdle

Nope, got a rejection a few days after the personality interview, with no mention of whether it was the medical or my personality that let me down.
    Best of luck with the interview today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Damian12

Hi all, just got a phone call saying that Irish rail are going to give me the graduate position subject to a medical test. Would anyone tell what the medical consists of and how long does it take for the results to come back to Irish rail?

Damian12 wrote: »
    Hi all, just got a phone call saying that Irish rail are going to give me the graduate position subject to a medical test. Would anyone tell what the medical consists of and how long does it take for the results to come back to Irish rail?

Congrats...

It's bloods for sugars and cholesterol,urine ,height weight bmi ECG colorblind eye test hearing test and they go over your medical history and listen to your lungs and blood pressure.

This may differ for graduate programmes but that's what I went through last week for the driver position

Congrats...

It's bloods for sugars and cholesterol,urine ,height weight bmi ECG colorblind eye test hearing test and they go over your medical history and listen to your lungs and blood pressure.

This may differ for graduate programmes but that's what I went through last week for the driver position

How did the interview go?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Damian12

Congrats...

How long did it take for Irish rail to receive the medical results?

How did the interview go?

To be quite honest its hard to tell..they don't give much away.
    I felt it went well though

Damian12 wrote: »
    How long did it take for Irish rail to receive the medical results?

I'm not sure about the time frame of them receiving it but the doctor deemed me fit and able to do the role there and then..but she did say she would send it off to Irish rails HR Department

• Advertisement

Best of luck with it! I hope you get positive news from it.

I found that at the second interview also. I think someone that posted here ages ago said they were like pro poker players! I believe that they wait until everyone has done the medical/final interview before contacting people.

I believe you will get a phone call if successful and an email if not. I waited about 6 weeks before I got the email.

I hope you get a phone call!

Not sure if good news just yet but got asked to provide 2 written references. Of course my store manager isn't back till sunday

Not sure if good news just yet but got asked to provide 2 written references. Of course my store manager isn't back till sunday

I would say that is good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

They are looking for more train drivers.

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Where did you see that?

Where did you see that?

Internal.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭annor99

Do you know what depot?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,708 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Internal.

And the point of all this external faffing about was....?? Never mind, there is no logic to what IR does.

• Advertisement

annor99 wrote: »
    Do you know what depot?

All over the country. I'll post up bit more details later. Its the same uk online crowd doing the recruitment thingy. Need a code.

Advertisement