Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Username no longer a link to User profile?

• 20-02-2020 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭

I'm just curious as I've noticed over the past while that with an ever-increasing amount of the Users on here their Username is no longer a link to their User profile?

This means you can't open the normal action items like view public profile, PM, view their others posts etc.

Obviously people leave the Site or whatever but I've noticed that some people who haven't posted in years do still have an active public profile.

I was just wondering as to the exact status of these others with the unclickable usernames- Is it if they're banned or have they explicitly requested that their profile be locked down or whatever?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,386 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You can request to have your account closed. Fairly sure that's what these people have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Mango Joe wrote: »
    I'm just curious as I've noticed over the past while that with an ever-increasing amount of the Users on here their Username is no longer a link to their User profile?

This means you can't open the normal action items like view public profile, PM, view their others posts etc.

Obviously people leave the Site or whatever but I've noticed that some people who haven't posted in years do still have an active public profile.

I was just wondering as to the exact status of these others with the unclickable usernames- Is it if they're banned or have they explicitly requested that their profile be locked down or whatever?
    Accounts have been closed I believe. You won't see the 'Registered User' or anything else under their username.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Mango Joe,

As others have said, this happens with accounts that have been closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Hi Mango Joe,

As others have said, this happens with accounts that have been closed.

Thanks all - Sorry I'm not trying to be obtuse - But would this occur only when a User specifically opts to have their account closed?

Or could some action by Board.ie cause this - ie perma-banning and is there a way of determining which it is?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Banned users display the Banned usergroup title underneath their username, It should still possible to click on their username though. If a user is banned and subsequently closes their account, I have seen instances where the usergroup title is still Banned, but it's not possible to view any further details of this.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement