Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC One [Megathread]

• 26-02-2012 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

HTC Ireland have been teasing on there FB page this weekend and have just revealed the new 'HTC One'

Looks like a very very smart piece of kit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,882 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

please please please please Meteor, give me the option of buying this with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Hope they will be quicker updating whatever version of Android it uses than on their older phones for example, HTC tend to priorities sales rather than software updates

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Looks like a worthy successor to my Desire HD.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

Im also looking to upgrade my Desire HD. I am out of contract now with meteor so lets see who is selling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Looks like a worthy replacement to the venerable original HTC Desire. If the S3 doesn't have any major tricks up its sleeve, i'll be getting this the minute it comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Hardware nav buttons? :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭theintern

Looks like a worthy successor to my Desire HD.

Yep, seems like the job to replace the Desire HD :)

They're still going for the guts of 200 quid on adverts which is good news if you're looking to sell..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Looks amazing but there are 3 different versions....

One X - Flagship

One S - ?

One V - Value model

The One X is the phone to go for tho with a 4.7" screen, Quad core 1.5ghz cpu, 8 MP back and 1.3 MP front facing camera, HTC Sense 4.0 running on ICS, SD card slot and 1GB internal ram.

Want it NOW :)

Links and stuff

http://www.engadget.com/2012/02/26/htc-one-x-hands-on-at-mwc-2012-video/

http://gdgt.com/htc/one/x/specs/

http://www.htc.com/europe/smartphones/htc-one-x/#overview

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

bogman wrote: »
    Hope they will be quicker updating whatever version of Android it uses than on their older phones for example, HTC tend to priorities sales rather than software updates

The price you pay for having sense UI (which I don't like)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

draffodx wrote: »
    The price you pay for having sense UI (which is ****e anyway)

Mightn't be to your liking but its certainly not shíte. In my opinion its the nicest interface of any Android phone. Cant wait to see ICS with Sense 4. Anyway thats for another thread. The HTC One looks great. That is some amount of processing power for a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I would very much like one of these. Alas I am rocking a Sensation that I got last summer, so it's not even a year into it's 18 month contract. Ah well, I'll have to make do with (hopefully) ROMs for sensation based on Sense 4.0...

Does look like HTC are getting back to amazing looking phones, if they stick with these 3 or 4 phones as their entire lineup,that'd be cool...

• Registered Users Posts: 44,882 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

really hope Meteor get this - and not just the S or V (like they haven't got the Sensation XE).

Really like the look of the phone and the new HTC Sense features so would love to get this in a month or so.

Having said that, the Samsung Galaxy S 3 could blow it out of the water in a few weeks, so it will be interesting to see what happens there. As long as Meteor stock one of them I'll be happy enough I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭nedd

really looking forward to the One X. It looks like a nice piece of kit. The hardware spec looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

kc66 wrote: »
    Mightn't be to your liking but its certainly not shíte. In my opinion its the nicest interface of any Android phone. Cant wait to see ICS with Sense 4. Anyway thats for another thread. The HTC One looks great. That is some amount of processing power for a phone.

Sorry thats true, I simply don't like it is what I meant, calling it ****e was a bit strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Venom wrote: »
    Looks amazing but there are 3 different versions....

One X - Flagship

One S - 4.3' screen, dual core 1.5 ghz

One V - desire S in a legend body - the chin is back!

The One X is the phone to go for tho with a 4.7" screen, Quad core 1.5ghz cpu, 8 MP back and 1.3 MP front facing camera, HTC Sense 4.0 running on ICS, SD card slot (does it?) and 1GB internal ram.

imo a 4.7' screen is just too big, 4.3' is pushing it ffs. im on a 3.7' desire S now and that was a reluctant jump in screen size from the hero. im not too sure about the lack of microSD either. anyway, they all look very nice and being htc they will be rock solid hardware-wise (couldn't give a flying barry about sense, i would root immediately but it's good to see they finally ditched the crap dock buttons)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

This thread is making me very happy... My 18 month Contract with Meteor is up in 6 weeks, and I am looking to upgrade from the HTC Desire. Everyone has been trying to convince me to wait for the Galaxy S3, but I now that I have seen the HTC One X, my mind has been made up. I love Sense, And will be very glad to stick with it. Anyone have any idea where I can find out the date that Meteor will launch this? And I know I am speaking as though Meteor carrying the One X is a given, but that's because I am an optimist!

Davyhal wrote: »
    This thread is making me very happy... My 18 month Contract with Meteor is up in 6 weeks, and I am looking to upgrade from the HTC Desire. Everyone has been trying to convince me to wait for the Galaxy S3, but I now that I have seen the HTC One X, my mind has been made up. I love Sense, And will be very glad to stick with it. Anyone have any idea where I can find out the date that Meteor will launch this? And I know I am speaking as though Meteor carrying the One X is a given, but that's because I am an optimist!

none of the operators will have a clue yet of release date. i'll take a punt on May (possibly late April)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

theteal wrote: »
    none of the operators will have a clue yet of release date. i'll take a punt on May (possibly late April)

But I want it now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

theteal wrote: »

Probably be a Voda exclusive for at least a month or 2, seems to be the case withg every decent andtroid handset these days.

• Advertisement

Already on Vodafone's coming soon section: http://comingsoon.vodafone.ie/register/htc-one/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

draffodx wrote: »
    Sorry thats true, I simply don't like it is what I meant, calling it ****e was a bit strong.

I think that Sense is one of the worst - if not the worst - example of Android customization out there. When Android launched there was definitely a need for Sense and it was a definite improvement over stock, but by 3.0 it just became a bloated mess, with extraneous animations and imho ugly design. It's telling that HTC have finally started listening to the criticisms and have seriously toned down the UI, getting rid of some of the more pointless animations. It's a step in the right direction, but still I'd like to see Google enforce their own style guidelines or at least give the user the option to boot into vanilla or custom Android when they buy the phone.

I do like the look of the X and the phone looks like a beast in terms of spec, but it's disappointing that it's still pretty much sporting the same design language they've used for two years now.

Inquitus wrote: »
    Probably be a Voda exclusive for at least a month or 2, seems to be the case withg every decent andtroid handset these days.

really? a lot has changed since i went on my merry travels so. from the hero up to the desire s, meteor had them in first iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Also Vodafone did not get to sell the Sensation XE or XL.

Anyway I have registered my interest with Vodafone. Cannot wait :o

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭jmal

Ive been holding off to upgrade my Desire HD and Im very glad I did now. Cannot wait for the One X now.

Also some of us love the Sence UI... Sence 4 is welcome on my new phone. Adds a nice finish to Android over other devices like my wife's Galaxy S.

Three.ie better get the One X on their network or Ill be buying one out of contract. "All you can eat data" is a must!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Also Vodafone did not get to sell the Sensation XE or XL.

Anyway I have registered my interest with Vodafone. Cannot wait :o

Aye but they had the original Sensation as a 3 month exclusive, the XE and XL being a bit meh tbh imo. They also had the Galaxy Nexus exclusively as well as the Nokia Lumia 800.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭nedd

The One X is up on Expansys for pre-order in the UK. Sim free for £499.99 (roughly €590):
    http://www.expansys.com/htc-htc-one-x-glamour-gray-229816/

They also have the One S (link) for £414.99 (about €490) and One V (link) for £249.99 (roughly €295)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭MastiffMrs

Three Ireland confirmed they'll have the one x in April in their Biz section on boards,can't link as I'm on my phone

Advertisement