Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Requesting guest specific gift.

1414243444547»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Lau2976

Picture it. Sicily. 1912…

:pac:

We’ve actually been close friends a really long time but I never really even entertained the idea of dating him. It never happened that we were single at the same time for very long. We drifted apart a little and then this whole debacle forced us back together, he’s one of my only mutual friends with her, and we just started spending more time together. We have a lot of the same interests and I had forgotten how much I liked spending time with him.

We started going for dinner and playing video games and we’d go out with each others friends. It was just sort of a natural progression I guess. One of his friends made a joke about us being an old married couple and then a few days later he asked me out.

Sadly nothing too exciting :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Aw that’s very sweet

Thanks for sharing your story with us

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Lau2976 wrote: »
    Picture it. Sicily. 1912…

:pac:

We’ve actually been close friends a really long time but I never really even entertained the idea of dating him. It never happened that we were single at the same time for very long. We drifted apart a little and then this whole debacle forced us back together, he’s one of my only mutual friends with her, and we just started spending more time together. We have a lot of the same interests and I had forgotten how much I liked spending time with him.

We started going for dinner and playing video games and we’d go out with each others friends. It was just sort of a natural progression I guess. One of his friends made a joke about us being an old married couple and then a few days later he asked me out.

Sadly nothing too exciting :pac:

I think it's very exciting. To go from friends o lovers to marrying! It's perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

whoa, what a ride this thread has been. I started reading it a few hours ago and had to jump in and out while i did other stuff. it just got better and better as it went on.
    its 3am and when i read lau and cakeguy got engaged i threw my hands in the air and scared the crap outta the poor dog, not to mention the wife lol.

Congrats to you both, thank you for an amazing read and thank you to all the others who contributed t keep it fun. best wishes to you both, now am off to read all the other threads that were linked and i had to bookmark lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Was led to this thread from... somewhere, about an hour ago.

I can't be the only one reading it thinking a very imaginative OP has led a whole bunch of posters on a merry dance.

They broke up (again) and the male foreign national was able to just take their Irish-born kids to the States? Anyone with any knowledge of the Family courts in Ireland might know how unlikely (or certainly unusual) that is.

Every piece of speculation on this thread eventually - and conveniently - became part of the OP's supposed story.

It was a laugh reading it - but, sorry, I don't buy it.

On the other hand, if it is true - congrats OP on your impending nuptuals! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

BOOOOOOO!!! HISSSSS!!!

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Was led to this thread from... somewhere, about an hour ago.

I can't be the only one reading it thinking a very imaginative OP has led a whole bunch of posters on a merry dance.

They broke up (again) and the male foreign national was able to just take their Irish-born kids to the States? Anyone with any knowledge of the Family courts in Ireland might know how unlikely (or certainly unusual) that is.

Every piece of speculation on this thread eventually - and conveniently - became part of the OP's supposed story.

It was a laugh reading it - but, sorry, I don't buy it.

On the other hand, if it is true - congrats OP on your impending nuptuals! :)

Who hurt you.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Rfrip wrote: »
    Who hurt you.....

:D:D:D

We haven't got time, Mate, we haven't got time!

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    :D:D:D

We haven't got time, Mate, we haven't got time!

:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Morgans

Only seeing this now. Congrats and thanks for the great story.

BTW, the screenplay writes itself.

First scene focuses in on 'the rignorants', the wedding where no-one turns up, meanwhile, in contrast to crass and tacky, the cute friendly couple playing board games, couple of scenes where cake guy sweetly places a dot of flour on your nose, closing scene is a celebratory wedding and a final zoom in on the stand mixer received as a present (whether ye wanted it or not).

Only a question of when this movie gets made and which A-lister plays who.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Morgans wrote: »
    Only a question of when this movie gets made and which A-lister plays who.

In their heyday... this has a charming Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts rom-com written all over it :D

... the setting would have to be changed to UK/US to avoid horrendous Irish accents though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Can't believe this thread is 3 years old already!

Congrats to Lau2976 and cakeguy. What a great ending to the story! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Where do I send the bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jeez, should be banned for bumping this thread. :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Maybe they requested almost-anniversary-guest-specific-gifts, and Hyzepher was asked for a bike...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I was hoping for an update too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

I also thought it was going to be an udpate :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I hope Lau and cake guy are still together. I've invested too much emotionally for them to throw in the towel :pac:

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I hope Lau and cake guy are still together. I've invested too much emotionally for them to throw in the towel :pac:

I bet they got a tandem instead of a bike. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Mr E wrote: »
    Jeez, should be banned for bumping this thread. :p

Here here. My heart lept thinking an update and then....dissapointment. 50 lashes for that poster :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Molly1983

I cannot believe this thread is 3 years old 😱😱😱😱😱 anyone else feeling old?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

€500 is absolutely insane for a gift. Can you do something creative? If not, €100 will suffice.

If the wedding couple are not happy with that, then you need to re-evaluate the friendship.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Folks, Lau hasn’t come back to this thread in a long time, and although my opinion may be unpopular, I think the thread ran its course a very long time ago. I’ll leave it open for another short while, but unless there’s any significant to add, I plan to lock it and let it rest in peace.

Update: thread locked. If the OP wants to provide an update, feel free to PM one of the mods and we can post it on your behalf.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement