Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nokia 7 Plus €399

1474849505153»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Staplor

ofcork wrote: »
    Mine is starting to freeze up at times have to restart it each time.

Locking and unlocking the screen a few times used to kick mine back into action, quicker than a restart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Mine is starting to freeze up at times have to restart it each time.

Wipe the cache partition?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭GBX

rizzee wrote: »
    Wipe the cache partition?

Dont think it can be done on this phone. Never any option on mine when I went into recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭ofcork

Any opinion on the 8.3 looks good large screen too seen it for 480 on eglobal.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

Any opinion on the 8.3 looks good large screen too seen it for 480 on eglobal.

hm hardware seems decent, sd 765g with 6 or 8 gb ram seems good enough. battery with 4500mah looks good too.

but damn, 6.81 inch, thats a huge lad right there. i thought my wifes galaxy a71 was big.

headphone jack for people that still care for it is nice.

but hardware is just one side of the story of course - but as far as i can judge by my wifes nokia 7 plus back then, software support should be decent enough with close to stock android and somewhat frequent updates.

dat chin dough...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭ofcork

I know tempted vodafone have it for 480 as well i assume locked though.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

I know tempted vodafone have it for 480 as well i assume locked though.

i think I've seen a retail price of 600+ without a cellular plan... for a 765g device that's pretty damn high i think. the oneplus 6 with sd845 was much less when it came out. eglobal Central has the 5.3 for 400 something... more reasonable for sure

Security update installing at the minute - 28.4mb.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

November Security Patch now OTA - 41.57Mb

Dec 2020 Security Patch now OTA fyi - 34.26Mb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Hi, looking for some help.

My Nokia screen has just stopped working, can anyone post a screen shot or a video clip of the screen when plugged into a computer so I know where to press to enable USB data transfer so I can access phone storage.

Any help appreciated.

Alfie1 wrote: »
    Hi, looking for some help.

My Nokia screen has just stopped working, can anyone post a screen shot or a video clip of the screen when plugged into a computer so I know where to press to enable USB data transfer so I can access phone storage.

Any help appreciated.
    Hope this helps?

The distance from the top of the Volume Up key to the top of the Power key is practically the same as from to the top of the Power key to the "OK" key fyi...

thumbnail (2).jpg

Hope this helps?

The distance from the top of the Volume Up key to the top of the Power key is practically the same as from to the top of the Power key to the "OK" key fyi...

thumbnail (2).jpg

Thanks, I'll try that.

Also if possible could you post a screen shot of the dropdown menu including the torch, cast options etc. to see if I can get the phone to cast it's screen.

Mine"s customised and don't have a Cast option - sorry!

No worries, thanks anyway.

Edit: screen working now, a reboot sorted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Alfie1 wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll try that.

Also if possible could you post a screen shot of the dropdown menu including the torch, cast options etc. to see if I can get the phone to cast it's screen.

Which button is which, ie. torch, cast, screenshot etc. will depend on each individual phone, but the button placings should be the same. Here's mine, hope you can figure out location of your buttons from this. Sorry about the size.

545685.png

Thanks, but as posted above a reboot got the screen working.

Anyway I requested a warranty repair on the faulty charger port a day before the warranty expired !

They replaced the phone for me with a Nokia 7.2 as there was a temporary shortage on a few spare parts.

My 7 plus is in a drawer. It works ok - but the bottom of the screen is fairly smashed. I had the charging port replaced under warranty. Would it be any use for parts for somebody?

Advertisement