Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Automatic bleed valve in hotpress

• 21-06-2019 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Had a plumber in a while back to do some work, and tonight I've noticed a bit of water pooling on the top of the automatic bleed valve. Pic below is of a similar type.

Would the experts be able to advise me should the small screw turn piece be open or closed tight? Mine is open a bit and I'm wondering is that just to let air out quicker when working on the system?

BG-Air-Vent_97_600.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

IMG-20190621-182429.jpg

Here's a pic of mine if it helps, thanks.

IMG-20190621-182429.jpg

Here's a pic of mine if it helps, thanks.

During operation it’s not unusual for a bit of water to pass as well as air.

In a ideal world you’d leave the cap in a position to release air to prevent air related issues but as heating systems are more likely to be dirty the AAV’s may not fully shut after activating allowing a lot of water to pass so because of that I prefer to close older AAVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Thanks Gary,

I'll keep an eye on it and close it off if it needs be. It won't do any harm closing it off, apart from keeping air in the system which I can bleed manually when I need to?

Advertisement