Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Royal Ascot Day 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭Thrashssacre

Had forever in dream at 33/1 on a 2.50 ew bet and got 19 euro for it, surely that’s not correct??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

The winner was ap fav for both guineas and had proven g1 form. As much as i think moore is an overrated pile a ****e the best horse won.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,125 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

HurlyBurly wrote: »
    As much as everyone loves to blame Moore, he's only doing exactly what O'Brien tells him. Would probably be better off if O'Brien stayed away and let the jockeys race as they see it. Better coach than game day manager.
    Or get the likes of Dettori who would just ignore whatever O'Brien says and go do his own thing.
    Ya reckon Frankie is in the position he is by ignoring orders? Maybe he might go rogue more than Moore but generally speaking, if you have one of the massive retainers it means you're doing what you're told.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Had forever in dream at 33/1 on a 2.50 ew bet and got 19 euro for it, surely that’s not correct??

Yes, that is correct. The win part of your bet lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭jkbkhhho7t

Moore basically admitting he ****ed up there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

It is correct its a 5th of the odds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

He did nothing wrong there. If the horse was good enough he gave it every chance to win

If he had fecked up the ride then the horse would have finished like a train, Ten Sovereigns just kept on because he hadn't the speed to catch them.

In hindsight maybe if he went to the front early he could have kept going and grabbed 2nd as the winner had the toe to take any of them today.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

Hahaha. There is some serious clutching going on around here whenever Moore loses a race.

Backed him myself. Happy enough with the ride.

Thank God a winner i'd forgotten what 1 felt like after yesterday and a nice drift out to 8s

• Registered Users Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭Itziger

HurlyBurly wrote: »
    As much as everyone loves to blame Moore, he's only doing exactly what O'Brien tells him. Would probably be better off if O'Brien stayed away and let the jockeys race as they see it. Better coach than game day manager.
    Or get the likes of Dettori who would just ignore whatever O'Brien says and go do his own thing.

How this chancer has trained 40 Irish Classic winners and 35 English ones is beyond me. Should stay well out of it and let the jocks do their thing.

I reckon he'd have won a lot more that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

I find it a bit uncomfortable seeing all the criticism of Moore. I haven't backed him in the next but kind of hope he puts in a masterclass and I will live with my lost tenner.

That was very impressive by Watch Me. Travelled like the best horse in the race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Not sure where that came from, but won in style of a good filly

No doubt people will try and blame Moore for that as well that was seriously impressive stuff from watch Me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭jkbkhhho7t

Not sure where that came from, but won in style of a good filly

Ran well in the French guineas after a horrendous passage

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

Ryan Moore f*cking f*ck. Terrible absolutely terrible.

**this is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

I had one winner and plenty of seconds this week.

Today I am going to watch and enjoy
    15:40 Hello Youmzain 10.00
    16:20 Watch Me 24.00

If Hello Youmzain wins I might put the lot on Watch Me.
    I posted that on the end of the day 3 thread

Watch Me 50.00 36 1,750.00
    Hello Youmzain 10 20.00
    Watch Me 20.00 24 460.00

What also helps is Watch Me is by Olympic Glory, the sire of my yearling filly, and that is his first Group 1 winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Time for a Jamie Spencer masterclass. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

I posted that on the end of the day 3 thread

Hello Youmzain 10 20.00
    Watch Me 20.00 24 460.00

What also helps is Watch Me is by Olympic Glory, the sire of my yearling filly, and that is his first Group 1 winner.

If I'm reading this right you just lifted nearly 4k from that winner?!

Doing a spencer double. R moore is pile a shight.

• Advertisement

If I'm reading this right you just lifted nearly 4k from that winner?!
    Yes. The rest of my Royal Ascot was a endless list of second places, a few at big prices.

I have been watching videos of almost all runners sired by Olympic Glory on the France Galop website this year (my yearling is by Olympic Glory).
    Watch Me won the Prix Imprudence, a French Classic Trial, coming from the back of the field.
    Watch Me should have been about 7/1, not 35/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bludcrazetiger

desirious in the next ew

been a **** day so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,609 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ice Gala and Modern Millie

in last for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Vintage Spencer

The Mig wrote: »
    Vintage Spencer

Racing post commentary said given too much to do on the app. Didn’t even have to check who the jockey was :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Johner wrote: »
    Racing post commentary said given too much to do on the app. Didn’t even have to check who the jockey was :pac:

He’d find a wall of horses in a 3 runner race

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Nightmare festival so far

17:35 Pivoine at 50s for an interest

That last winner is a group filly.

Hon lethal steps.

• Advertisement

Also

I gotta tip for