Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Ascot - Day 3, 20/06/2019

• 19-06-2019 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Im going to jump on Aidans bandwagon and go on Capri for the Gold Cup and Donnacha to land his first Royal Ascot winner. Double it with the exciting Sunday Sovereign in the first

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

I fancy Sangarius to be punted and win the Hampton court. So backed him there on way home. Will add my other selections to this post in the morning.

Norfolk: Maven @16/1(0.5 point win) Real Appeal @25/1(0.5 point win)
    Hampton Court: Sangarius @8/1(2 points win)
    Gold Cup: Cross Counter @7/2(2 points win), Master of Reality @100/1(0.25 points each way)
    Brittania: Dark Vision @28/1(1 points e/w 1/5 6 places), Eclipse Storm @66/1(0.25 points e/w 1/5 6 places)
    King George V: Sinjarri @5/1(2 points e/w 1/5 5 places)

Staked: 12 points

*Updated selections

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Sunday Sovereign would probably be odds on if he was trained by Aidan O'Brien. Might be a bet at 9/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭madmoose

I fancy Sangarius to be punted and win the Hampton court. So backed him there on way home. Will add my other selections to this post in the morning.

Hampton Court: Sangarius 8/1(2 points win)

Fancy this myself and Aidan’s in the last which will be short for St Leger if it wins well.

Not sure how the ground will be but ill chance Sparkle Roll in the Ribblesdale ew if there is still ease in the ground come the race which will help this horse, 22/1 ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Plumped for Flag of Honour in the Gold Cup. Kept Magical honest enough and should relish the trip. Ground again possibly a worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭gazza1

No Bet yesterday. Will try these for today

2.30 Sunday Sovereign my NAP of the meeting
    Arizona more than franked the form on Tuesday.

3.05 Buckhurst 14/1 ew 4 places
    Good 2nd lto to Constantinople

5.00 Eclipse Storm 40/1 6 places
    Stayed on strongly over 7f lto in listed class.

GL

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bludcrazetiger

im -1 point down over the 2 days so far, nightmare first day and gained it back today. looking to get into profit with the below.

230 - sunday soverign (form has been backed up) 2/1 money down (nb)
    305 - undecided - fox chairman or roseman on the shortlist
    1540 - fleeting 2/1
    1620 - I did fancy Cross country but with the ground my money is on Dee ex Bee (monster on soft) 7/1
    1700 - Migration - all over it, will love the ground, strong finisher 8/1 (nap)
    1735 - Constantinople very well handicapped, could be well in, AOB/Moore - 5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Tried hard to fancy Capri but just cant see it winning, goes for EW on Willie's Thomas Hobson, looks over priced at 20s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

The second favourite there to Sunday Sovereign Aali ran to a timeform figure that would have won nearly every maiden or novice race ran in the UK in the last number of seasons and many group races and he could only come second . Funny to see that level of form at Ripon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Can't believe there are still 3 days left !! After Galway and Cheltenham this is the best racing fest in the world. Great stuff again today.

2.30 Maven, Mt Fuji
    3.05 Roseman , Sangarius - form behind King of Comedy.
    3.40 Fanny Logan
    4.20 Flag of Honour - Having a decent go at this ew. Gosden is not off the mark this week and I see Stradivarius in a lot of double offers with a lot of the firms. Irish Ledger winner , he has been racing for places over shorter trips all year. The plan is obviously to have him up with the pace and hope when the button gets pushed on Stradivarius he can keep up. They sent Southern France to York as a marker so they know what is required. 12/1 is a nice price to have a nice bet on.
    5.00 Jamie Spencer ew. and Dunkirk Harbour - good form behind Hazapour.
    5.30 Pin Job.

Enjoy it and good luck to everyone, I hope the bookies take a pasting, fuggin bazzas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

2.30- Air Force Jet
    3.05- King Ottokar (also like Roseman)
    3.40- Fanny Logan :D
    4.20- Thomas Hobson
    5.00- Pogo
    5.35- Summer Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭supremenovice

I'm having another look at Kuwait Currency in the last.
    Hannon entered him in Group 1 races last year so thats how much he thinks of him. Beaten only 8 lengths by Too darn Hot in the Dewhurst who was favourite for the Derby and Guineas at one point. 100/1 each way is definitely worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

14:30 Maven 18.00
    15:05 Cape Of Good Hope 6.00
    15:40 Fleeting 2.64
    16:20 Dee Ex Bee 6.60
    17:00 Motafaawit 18.00
    17:35 Summer Moon 19.50

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

14.30 Maven 16/1

15.05 Cape of Good Hope 9/2

15.40 Frankellina 15/2

16.20 Thomas Hobson 20/1

17.35 Sinjarri 5/1

madmoose wrote: »
    Not sure how the ground will be but ill chance Sparkle Roll in the Ribblesdale ew if there is still ease in the ground come the race which will help this horse, 22/1 ew.

10/1 now

Maven withdrawn.

14:30 Ventura Rebel 16.00 (Maven was withdrawn)

King Neptune might be overpriced in the opener back down to 5f seeing he seems to get out there fairly quick and was beaten by Siskin lto over 6f and Ickworth over 5 the time before that.

The fav should be hard to beat and well backed but 20/1 ew 4 places ill chance this AOB second string.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭akelly02

Everybody against the best stayer around .

Not me

Air Force Jet in the first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

akelly02 wrote: »
    Everybody against the best stayer around .

Not me

His toughest test to date
    Dont think he will be up to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

My bets today.
    2.30: No bet, want to oppose fav but struggling.
    3.05: Sangarius (NAP)
    3.40: Fresnel
    4.20: No bet, but have it between the top 3 in market clear of rest.
    5.00: Turgenev/Numerian
    5.35: Almania

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

His toughest test to date
    Dont think he will be up to it

Don't see why he wouldn't be?

Gosden out of the winners would be my biggest worry for Stradivarius backers, especially given the ammunition. King of Comedy was unlucky on Tuesday, but he would be expecting a winner by now.

Also the 6/4 drifting price about a horse which hasn't been beaten in nearly 2 years is scary, especially at short prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Who beats Stradivarius though? No point in saying he'll probably lose but not having a good case for anyone to beat him. Is Cross Counter's form good enough and will he manage the 2.5 miles? Unless Capri magically comes good again I dont see it happening. I'm welcoming the drift, haven't backed him yet but will definitely take 6/4 or better. Will have a large bet on him if Sunday Sovereign wins the 1st.

Yeah. Don't really get the case against Stradivarius either. Vazirabad/Torcedor/OOSG hardly inferior to what he has to beat today. Cross Counter and Dee Ex Bee both have some potential but still some way off the level of form Stradivarius has shown. Rest are just relatively mediocre and/or looking gone at the game imo.

Stradivarius is probably the best horse in the race, but they can get themselves beaten. He mightn't like the ground or the race may not be ridden to suit.

I can't put a line through Cross Counter, Dee Ex Bee, Capri , Flag of Honour, even the Called to the Bar the French horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Come on Sunday Sovereign!!!!!!

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Stradivarius is probably the best horse in the race, but they can get themselves beaten. He mightn't like the ground or the race may not be ridden to suit.

I can't put a line through Cross Counter, Dee Ex Bee, Capri , Flag of Honour, even the Called to the Bar the French horse.
    You can't put a line through a few yeah, but if the race were run 100 times would Strad really win less than 40 of those runnings? I doubt it myself, so price is about right on that basis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭jkbkhhho7t

Twomey horse 13/8 at ascot you'd have the laugh

Advertisement