Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dave Mustaine diagnosed with throat cancer

Options
  • 17-06-2019 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

I’ve been diagnosed with throat cancer. It’s clearly something to be respected and faced head on – but I’ve faced obstacles before. I’m working closely with my doctors, and we’ve mapped out a treatment plan which they feel has a 90% success rate. Treatment has already begun.

Unfortunately, this requires that we cancel most shows this year. The 2019 Megacruise will happen, and the band will be a part of it in some form. All up to date information will be at megadeth.com as we get it. Megadeth will be back on the road ASAP.

Meanwhile, Kiko, David, Dirk and I are in the studio, working on the follow up to Dystopia – which I can’t wait for everyone to hear.

I’m so thankful for my whole team – family, doctors, band members, trainers, and more.

I’ll keep everyone posted.

See you soon,
    Dave Mustaine

Terrible news to read, but I hope he has a swift recovery.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Terrible news to read, but I hope he has a swift recovery.

Really dreadful news, poor chap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

This has a good success rate for treatment though, didn't Bruce Dickinson have the same a few years back?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

This has a good success rate for treatment though, didn't Bruce Dickinson have the same a few years back?

Yes it has. As you point out Bruce recovered from it too. So hopefully we'll see Dave Mustaine back touring again soon.

Advertisement