Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Female footwear recommendations

• 31-05-2019 2:02pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Bit of a specific one -

I'm looking for funky-looking but comfortable women's shoes/runners... but I'm not sure what brands are decent

My wife is a big fan of the style of Irregular Choice - she likes Cons too - but the key is that they're something that can be worn every day. She has a pair of Skechers and New Balance runners that she wears a lot so that seems to be what's most comfortable for her.

Any help greatly appreciated - thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Two not so obvious brands for runners are Munich and Veja.

https://www.munichshop.net/en/
    https://www.veja-store.com/en/

If you want to spend more on shoes that are a bit out there then I think United Nude are brilliant. I have their boots and everyone notices them. I don't think any item of clothing or footwear I have attracted as many compliments.

https://www.unitednude.com/ss19-women/flats.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Just had a look at the United Nude website there, so fab! Are they comfortable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

Rocket dog are doing some funky comfy plimsolls:

81o1zGCqfzL._UX395_.jpg

I saw these adidas ones recently too:

s-l300.jpg

Im a fan of skechers myself, they tend to have good support (note - the adidas ones pictured above are not very supportive, I tried a pair on and they are kind of basic flats).

It really depends on what she likes in a trainer, theres lots of different styles out there and a lot of brands do varying styles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

missmatty wrote: »

I have heels and they are not the most comfortable but it's more my feet because I have some bulging at the front and I have often issues with front of the shoes. I have no issues with the soles.

I haven't got a clue what flats are like.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭afkasurfjunkie

I wear cons mostly. My other go to brand is toms. They are a slip on shoe. As mentioned already, rocket dog would be another brand I’d wear. My style would be fairly casual though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

missmatty wrote: »

I’ve bought several pairs while living in Amsterdam. I find them very comfortable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I like Adidas Stan Smith's myself. The kids ones look the exact same as the adults, but are about €30 cheaper. Depending on what size your wife is, they go up to an adult 5 or 5.5.
    Very true to size. I fall between a 3 and a 4 and tried on both sizes. The 3 were that little bit tight and the 4 were definitely too big. I didn't realise they did half sizes until the girl in the shop offered to check if they had a 3.5 for me, and they were perfect.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

....... wrote: »
    Rocket dog are doing some funky comfy plimsolls:

81o1zGCqfzL._UX395_.jpg

I saw these adidas ones recently too:

s-l300.jpg

Im a fan of skechers myself, they tend to have good support (note - the adidas ones pictured above are not very supportive, I tried a pair on and they are kind of basic flats).

It really depends on what she likes in a trainer, theres lots of different styles out there and a lot of brands do varying styles.

Oh, thanks. Have seen Rocket Dog (and Toms) ones before but didn't know if they were comfortable or not!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Thanks for all the suggestions, folks. Loads to work with now!

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Recliner

Slight hijack but I don't want to start a separate thread. Looking for recommendations of actual shops or websites that sell brightly coloured heels, preferably wedges or block heels. I also love Irregular Choice but they're a bit outside my budget now, and I did find the heels sometimes very hard to wear.
    Literally cannot wear stilletos at all now and I've a really high instep so I find I need some sort of strap or tie or my shoes will literally fall off. Even ankle boots would be a runner.
    In my ideal world, mustard, orange or red wedges but with the heels the same colour as the actual shoe. You know when you can picture them in your head, but they don't seem to exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

flogen wrote: »
    Thanks for all the suggestions, folks. Loads to work with now!

What about vans if she likes con's?.

There very alike and have loads of funky and different styles.

Like how trandy will you go for every day wear for her?. As you have filas and nikes the chunky runners that are back in fashion my girlfriend loves them and to be fair I wear the mens versions....

Advertisement