Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ACCA Advice on progressing through exams

• 08-05-2019 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Hi there

I am just completed the ACCA Diploma, have passed FA & MA, just need to site AB next month.

I then aim to go on with the exams. Recently moved to an accounting specific role & employer happy to help with cost of ACCA & give study leave for exams so its great.

I am trying to decide how best to approach the exams. I understand from correspondence with Griffith that LW IRL Variant is still only available as a paper based exam in June and December sitting.

I had hoped to study for another module over the summer for September sitting, so looking for some guidance on which would be best to start with. Then do LW at December sitting.

On LW, can anyone advice on the IRL Variant, is there is specific text book for this, or is it the Global Variant book? What are the differences here? Is it important to go to lectures for this module as it covers specific Irish Laws?

Can anyone advise if it is best to do one exam at a time? I feel with the time I spend on MA & FA (not coming from an accounting background so don't have any exemptions) and with work commitments one exam per session would be enough for me, but interested to hear from others on their experience.

In terms of classes, I attended Griffith so far, but to be honest spent more time on Open Tutition and revising the BPP books myself so wondering if it is feasible to self study for the F exams going forward, or am I best to sign up for classes?

I would be interested in an online option for classes, can anyone recommend a good provider they have used?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as really unsure how to progress from here

Advertisement