Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Flyefit IFSC Dublin Opening?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

George's St. location PTSD kicking in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Caliden wrote: »
    George's St. location PTSD kicking in

Post Traumatic stress disorder ??

Its putting me off using the place. I've actually taken a short break until the CHQ location opens because I can't deal with Georges Street anymore.

I walked past this morning and there are cardio machines visible inside on the mezzanine floor so we're getting close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I emailed them yesterday. They hit unforeseen issues with the build out and have been delayed. Latest estimate is mid December.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭COH

Shock!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

"Unforeseen issues".

Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

"Unforeseen issues".

Lol.

after several gym all missing their opening date you would think they had learned some lessons.
    I guess project management isn't their strong point.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

arayess wrote: »
    after several gym all missing their opening date you would think they had learned some lessons.
    I guess project management isn't their strong point.

Or they give an earlier date to generate interest and then cite 'unforeseen issues' for why it doesn't open when they had said.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Or they give an earlier date to generate interest and then cite 'unforeseen issues' for why it doesn't open when they had said.

Or to get some extra funding for equipment from people signing up to the gym early.

Dates have been added to the site:

"FLYEfit CHQ will be opening on Wednesday 20th & Thursday 21st December for 2 FREE open days. We will be open from 11am-7pm. The gym will then close again, and re-open on Tuesday 2nd January 2018. "

http://www.flyefit.ie/locations/chq/

• Advertisement

Dates have been added to the site:

"FLYEfit CHQ will be opening on Wednesday 20th & Thursday 21st December for 2 FREE open days. We will be open from 11am-7pm. The gym will then close again, and re-open on Tuesday 2nd January 2018. "

http://www.flyefit.ie/locations/chq/

SO basically, it'll open on the 2nd of Jan. There isn't a hope I'd use it on a free open day :rolleyes:

D3V!L wrote: »
    SO basically, it'll open on the 2nd of Jan. There isn't a hope I'd use it on a free open day :rolleyes:

Yup. I will probably visit on the open day but only to look around before committing to signing up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭The Caveman

I will go have a look today.

Does anybody know exactly where in the building the gym is?

I went for a look today. The cardio area is quite spacious 10-12 treadmills on the ground floor and then cross trainers, steppers and a few spin bikes on the mezzanine level. Changing rooms are small, I didn't count them fully but it looked like only 5 or 6 showers in the men's with space for about 15 or so to change.

The vault area is the same shape as downstairs in Ely and urban brewing with a central corridor and separate rooms/sections coming off it on each side. There is a spinning room with 15-20 bikes and then each section is split into zones with free weights and racks, a section with cable machines, another having trx and punch bags and the final 3(I think) being astro and having kettle bells, boxes, etc. The final section had 3 concept 2 rowers, 3 air bikes, 2 or 3 concept 2 skiers and a couple of spin bikes.

The final 3 sections will also be used for classes when they are on.

I'm undecided on joining, think it will be very cramped (in the weights area in particular)once there are 50+ people using it at the same time. Might try it for a month to see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭JustShay

I went for a look today. The cardio area is quite spacious 10-12 treadmills on the ground floor and then cross trainers, steppers and a few spin bikes on the mezzanine level. Changing rooms are small, I didn't count them fully but it looked like only 5 or 6 showers in the men's with space for about 15 or so to change.

The vault area is the same shape as downstairs in Ely and urban brewing with a central corridor and separate rooms/sections coming off it on each side. There is a spinning room with 15-20 bikes and then each section is split into zones with free weights and racks, a section with cable machines, another having trx and punch bags and the final 3(I think) being astro and having kettle bells, boxes, etc. The final section had 3 concept 2 rowers, 3 air bikes, 2 or 3 concept 2 skiers and a couple of spin bikes.

The final 3 sections will also be used for classes when they are on.

I'm undecided on joining, think it will be very cramped (in the weights area in particular)once there are 50+ people using it at the same time. Might try it for a month to see how it goes.

Most people using it will be from the offices around IFSC. My office contains 4 Showers. So I presume most people using the gym will be using it during lunch, where they will use the showers in their office. I doubt the local gym goers of Macken Street will bother trekking up to the IFSC. I avoid the gym like a plague during peak times.

JustShay wrote: »
    Most people using it will be from the offices around IFSC. My office contains 4 Showers. So I presume most people using the gym will be using it during lunch, where they will use the showers in their office. I doubt the local gym goers of Macken Street will bother trekking up to the IFSC. I avoid the gym like a plague during peak times.

Yeah, I'd plan to do the same on the shower front. I'm not sure about macken street though, it's the most popular out of the gym goers in our office. Switching to the ifsc will save 15-20 minutes walking time.

I used it during lunch today and found it quite nice. The changing rooms as mentioned are bloody tiny !! As are the lockers.

Just thought of something else. It was really warm in a couple of the sections towards the back of the gym. The lady showing us around said it was just because they were heating the place up as it will be closed for 10 days but I guess time will tell with that.

Also, the Spotify and Netflix needs you to use your own account to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭LincolnHawk

Hearing your reviews lads, its safe to say this is the best gym in the ifsc by miles.
    I might upgrade to a roaming membership to train there the odd time I'm in the office.
    As long as I train at 11 or 2, should be golden

Also, the Spotify and Netflix needs you to use your own account to use it.

There isn't a f*cking hope I'd log into some random machine with my netflix account

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Roughly how many squatting racks are we talking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I wonder how will this effect sv fitness

Amirani wrote: »
    Roughly how many squatting racks are we talking?

I think there were 8 of them

I was there a second time today, a couple of things stuck out for me. The lighting is awful in some parts. I was using a declined bench and I could barely see the bar. Also there are only 3 showers in the gents changing rooms, I thought there were more. It's going to get pretty unusable during lunch times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Is anyone here a member?
    I went to pop in the other day on the way to work as I still have the roaming option on my membership (even though I only use one gym) and the hot water wasn't working so I left.

Anyone know if the water is on yet.

Is anyone here a member?
    I went to pop in the other day on the way to work as I still have the roaming option on my membership (even though I only use one gym) and the hot water wasn't working so I left.

Anyone know if the water is on yet.

It wasn't on when they opened for two days before christmas, FFS they had weeks to get it fixed !! :mad:

I'm sick at the moment and probably wont be in there until Monday so I hope its fixed by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

Still not working a week later.

Still not working a week later.

WOW !! are they getting many complaints ?

That’s pretty bad. After months of waiting for it to open I ended up joining Sportsco instead. After viewing it before Christmas I felt it was too small for the amount of people that will use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

The changing rooms are tiny, i can only imagine when it ramps up during lunch time it will be a nightmare.

Small lockers and 3 showers..

Advertisement