Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fantasy Hockey 2017-2018

• 15-09-2017 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭

New thread.
    It was proposed that we introduce +/-
    If we were to, I'd be up for getting rid of SHP to facilitate. I don't want too many categories!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭alanmcl12

I'm all for including +/- and think we should remove something for it. But I'd like to keep SHP think it's a nice bonus and can swing stuff each week.

My suggestion would be SOG or Hits be removed.

Also are we doing a live draft again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

We should try do a live draft, any preferred dates?

We voted a couple of years ago to get rid of +/-, I'm not a fan of it as it discounts players that are on poorer teams...

would be up for removing hits though, very subjective!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

adding +/- or removing hits or SOG makes too many players irrelevant...
    i don't mind adding +/- but wouldn't like to see hits or SOG removed

live draft is cool, any evening from 8 should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

I don't like +/- either because it means you have to avoid teams of players.
    In the past its been teams like Edmonton, who were loaded with talent, but the differential killed you.
    This year it could be Vegas....

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Hi. Can I play this year.

• Advertisement

I'd say a Sunday evening after 8 would be good for a live draft, think we've done it that way last few years and think most made it in

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'm in! Is there a league set up already? I'm happy to set one up, if not.

Playing for free, or for cash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Count me in for this season also, please. Don't want to see SHP removed, if I am honest. SHP are too valuable. Ditto for hits and SOG. Can we not just add +/-? It was there prior to last season, if I remember correctly.

Do we really miss +/-... it is not a good stat imo...

Can everyone that is in and is participating this year post their team name and preference for +/-? The league automatically renewed and I want to make sure that everyone is going to be active/remove inactive players! Thanks!

Existing categories are good and are staying!

I can only do weekends for live draft, currently have it pegged for the 30th @ 12pm my time, so 8pm Irish time! Let me know if that works!

That time works for me. Can I get a link or invite to join? I can PM my email address to the commissioner if necessary.

• Advertisement

That also works for me

Is there a new league set up or are we using the same one as last season?

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    Do we really miss +/-... it is not a good stat imo...

Can everyone that is in and is participating this year post their team name and preference for +/-? The league automatically renewed and I want to make sure that everyone is going to be active/remove inactive players! Thanks!

Existing categories are good and are staying!

I can only do weekends for live draft, currently have it pegged for the 30th @ 12pm my time, so 8pm Irish time! Let me know if that works!

1. Snow Badgers are back
    2. I Want to keep the same categories with no +|-
    3. Draft date is good for me on Sunday 30th at 8pm GMT

Berserker wrote: »
    Is there a new league set up or are we using the same one as last season?

Same as last one.
    If you log in your team should be active again

Same as last one.
    If you log in your team should be active again

I didn't play last year but can I play this year

1, izy's stealers
    2, don't mind +/-
    3, draft on 30th at 8pm is cool

at the moment it looks as the draft is set for the 8th of october....

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »
    I didn't play last year but can I play this year

Scott needs to know if everyone is back before he can make that decision.

"The league automatically renewed and I want to make sure that everyone is going to be active/remove inactive players! Thanks!"

Not sure if he has heard back from everyone yet. the league has 10 people, we need an even number as it is Head to Head.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭ZuM16

Id be interested in playing this year if there is room.

Anyone interested in reducing the number of IR slots to one? Makes things a little more interesting if/when you hit a patch of injuries. My team is "The Henrik Show", for the record.

1 - Dickens Cider
    2 - Don't mind +/- but would like to keep the existing categories
    3 - Draft on Sunday at 8pm is good with me. I know people are saying the 30th here is it not the 1st of Oct

• Advertisement

How is it looking for remaining spaces?

looks pretty good at the minute, unless a couple of lads come out of the woodwork... looks like we have 6/7 confirmed at the minute...

send me on your email addresses on private chat there anyway...

I need confirmation on what your team is there beserker?

setting a deadline of thursday evening to notify me of team name and confirmation that you are in for the year or i will just get rid of the team, couple of guys are active on the league page but not here, which is fine...

I might have to re-send invitations, so keep an eye out for emails friday/saturday morning!

right i have everything sorted... new guys can check your emails, you should have an invite, let me know if you don't...

had to increase the number of teams to 12 to get everyone in, i'm going to try and manage a second team!

draft sunday at 8pm irish time...

good luck!

right i have everything sorted... new guys can check your emails, you should have an invite, let me know if you don't...

had to increase the number of teams to 12 to get everyone in, i'm going to try and manage a second team!

draft sunday at 8pm irish time...

good luck!

Asked a few friends there! Will report back as soon as I can to see if we can get a 12th!

good luck!

No trading with yourself now ;-)

Izy wrote: »
    No trading with yourself now ;-)

*secretly removes league manager trade review*

no +/- on the end?

good luck this season lads...

any sense to setting up a season thread? i wouldn't mind having somewhere to express how much i love watching ho-sang play hockey!

No harm in having a thread for the season. I will post in it.

• Advertisement

I set up a regular season chat thread!
    any one know a mod that can sticky the chat and the current fantasy one and unsticky the old ones?

Advertisement