Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k FPV Quad

1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

satstheway wrote:
    Not at the minute. Can you down grade the phone software?

Only on certain phones plus it's not straight forward. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

Resurrected an old HTC and the app works fine on it. Now I have to hotspot new phone to old phone and fly but I'm happy.

satstheway wrote:
    Resurrected an old HTC and the app works fine on it. Now I have to hotspot new phone to old phone and fly but I'm happy.

Nice one! Happy flying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

What's the range like on these, fimi state 8km but what about CE

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

5km on the 4k
    2km on the 1080p

You may be looking at the new one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Yep the new 2020 one, will it go to 8km or there abouts, just wondering

Folks, I just posted this on the bargain alerts thread, but figured there'd be no harm cross-posting in here aswell :)
    Folks, anyone know where the best place to pick up a MiDrone 4k would be (or similar alternative?).

Mine lost a propeller mid-flight this morning so it's heading to the bin unfortunately. I'm also seeing Phantom 3's on adverts. etc for cheap enough pricing. Has anyone use one before and able to comment on them? I like the Mi Drone 4k but I don't want to be waiting 2 months for it or paying over the odds, if i can avoid it.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Folks, I just posted this on the bargain alerts thread, but figured there'd be no harm cross-posting in here aswell :)

Is yours completely destroyed?

I have a mi drone (which still flies fine) that has been crashed 3 times.

The camera is a little sketchy but fine other than that.

If you want, send a PM and we can chat and see if between the 2 we can get you 1 that works?

jim salter wrote: »
    Is yours completely destroyed?

I have a mi drone (which still flies fine) that has been crashed 3 times.

The camera is a little sketchy but fine other than that.

If you want, send a PM and we can chat and see if between the 2 we can get you 1 that works?

Yeah it's on it's death bed alright. There's a picture below. I'll take the propellers of it and put them aside, and keep the battery and memory card. The rest I will bin. One of the propeller "housings" (for lack of a better term - the spinny motor you clip the propeller itself onto) just came off mid flight, and the drone was a goner.

Spent about 30 minutes in a soaking wet overgrown field looking for it, to get the bits off it that would be useful again but it's definitely consigned to the bin. If there's anything you can see on it that I don't plan to take myself, that would be useful to you, you're welcome to take it.

I'm actually kind of surprised it wasn't able to hover or do anything with a propeller missing. Didn't realise once one was gone it'd just go into freefall.

20200713-172907.jpg

Yeah it's on it's death bed alright. There's a picture below. I'll take the propellers of it and put them aside, and keep the battery and memory card. The rest I will bin. One of the propeller "housings" (for lack of a better term - the spinny motor you clip the propeller itself onto) just came off mid flight, and the drone was a goner.

Disaster! Phantom 3 onwards would be similar.

You could also look at the hubsan zino 2 or the fimi x8 se. Even the fimi A3 could be an option on a budget? I think there may also be some other boardsies looking to sell their mi drones a few pages back on the other thread.

• Advertisement

tedpan wrote: »
    Disaster! Phantom 3 onwards would be similar.

You could also look at the hubsan zino 2 or the fimi x8 se. Even the fimi A3 could be an option on a budget? I think there may also be some other boardsies looking to sell their mi drones a few pages back on the other thread.

Funny you say it, I'm actually planning to buy one off a fellow boardsie.

No harm in having a back up though. If anyone else on here has a Mi Drone 4K they want to sell, at a reasonable price, let me know and I might take it off you.

JamBur wrote:
    What sort of money should I ask for a Xiaomi Mi 4k? Includes 2 batteries. Carry case, charger, wifi dongle, spare blades, some other bits.

Jambur has one!

I'm actually planning to buy one off a fellow boardsie.
    tedpan wrote: »
    Jambur has one!

He's the 'fellow boardsie' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Spent about 30 minutes in a soaking wet overgrown field looking for it, to get the bits off it that would be useful again but it's definitely consigned to the bin. If there's anything you can see on it that I don't plan to take myself, that would be useful to you, you're welcome to take it.

I'm actually kind of surprised it wasn't able to hover or do anything with a propeller missing. Didn't realise once one was gone it'd just go into freefall.

20200713-172907.jpg

Ah, ok. Yeah, it's a fairly damaged alright. Even if the camera was working we could've done something.

Think the IAA sticker was the cause TBH :P:pac:

Mine isn't nearly as bad, few dents etc but nothing snapped. Just the camera being a bit off.

Anyways, hope you get sorted.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

jim salter wrote: »
    Think the IAA sticker was the cause TBH :P:pac:

Did you actually get an actual IAA sticker in the actual post?

That's a lot of actuals......:-)

I never got one so I had to print out my own registration number and stick it on myself.

Advertisement