Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any info out there on TOOL.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Berlin for me hopefully I'll be able to get the tickets in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

stevek93 wrote: »
    Bought tickets for Amsterdam next year :D
    How did you buy them? When I click through on the link it's like the page is broken or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 kenpachi

did you guys buy from livenation website of the country of the show??

Presale tickets for prague show on livenation.cz, did anyone else get this option???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

they are live there yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Couldn't get Berlin... got Prague instead.

A busy week Tool and Metallica in the one week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,780 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Lucky bastards, heading to Europe to see them, enjoy folks, great live band

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Treviso

Got tickets to Amsterdam next Summer - looked again this morning and its sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Shamo

Got tickets for Zurich. Haven't been there before so will make a very short holiday out of it as i'm not a millionaire.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Going to Lisbon myself, last date on tour, should be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Going to Lisbon myself, last date on tour, should be great.

Same, was thinking Amsterdam but wasn't fast enough on the trigger. Have been mad to visit Lisbon though so should be a good trip!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

They gotta get this album released before the summer - must be the plan or else they wouldn't do a European tour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭keith_sixteen

Shamo wrote: »
    Got tickets for Zurich. Haven't been there before so will make a very short holiday out of it as i'm not a millionaire.

Hadn't heard about this until I checked this thread. Just picked up 2 tickets for Zurich also. But I live here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Hope to see their albums streaming soon....might happen with the new one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Vudgie wrote: »

Very unlikely, they are super protective of their music!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Vudgie wrote: »

Can't imagine we'll see Tool going on the likes of Spotify and Tidal, but Zeppelin and the Beatles did so you never know, I suppose! Can't wait for this new album. Nearly 13 years since 10,000 Days :eek:

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Can't imagine we'll see Tool going on the likes of Spotify and Tidal, but Zeppelin and the Beatles did so you never know, I suppose! Can't wait for this new album. Nearly 13 years since 10,000 Days :eek:

I cant understand why they wouldn't given you can listen to all their albums in full for free on YouTube. They should do a Neil Young on it and let people have their music for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Treviso wrote: »
    I cant understand why they wouldn't given you can listen to all their albums in full for free on YouTube.
    I can. Probably because one involves copyright infringement and the other doesn't?

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I can. Probably because one involves copyright infringement and the other doesn't?

Yes understand that. Most Tools fan have paid for the physical albums when released. Music nowadays is all about usability/convenience so there must be a way for them to open their music to the likes of Spotify/Apple Music etc. Tool fans will still purchase the physical discs/vinyls but the majority would love to simply play them via their paid music subscription as well.

The pain of having to put all of these albums on all my devices as local files. Shouldn't have to in this day and age

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

frag420 wrote: »
    Very unlikely, they are super protective of their music!

I honestly think they'll have to release new music on streaming services at this stage. Honestly, times have moved on since 2006. Less and less people buy physical copies of albums any more. They can stick to their guns I guess, but I think if they want to reach any new fans they'll have to reassess their position. They could be one of the hold-outs, but even the hold-outs are gradually diminishing as time goes on - streaming is just the way of the world now. I think they'll be savvy enough business men to realise that - and they've always been savvy enough in the business sense.

For what it's worth the newest APC album is available on streaming services. Different band I know, but there is a connection there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Arghus wrote: »
    I honestly think they'll have to release new music on streaming services at this stage. Honestly, times have moved on since 2006. Less and less people buy physical copies of albums any more. They can stick to their guns I guess, but I think if they want to reach any new fans they'll have to reassess their position. They could be one of the hold-outs, but even the hold-outs are gradually diminishing as time goes on - streaming is just the way of the world now. I think they'll be savvy enough business men to realise that - and they've always been savvy enough in the business sense.

For what it's worth the newest APC album is available on streaming services. Different band I know, but there is a connection there.

Know what you mean, but knowing Tool, it wouldn't surprise me if they made it a vinyl-only release or something like that. They're that kind of organisation!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭cosatron

Really looking forward to this new album. being a fan since I seen stinkfist on mtv many moons ago. Seen them 3 times, the first time in the sfx which was mindblowing to say the least.

cosatron wrote: »
    Really looking forward to this new album. being a fan since I seen stinkfist on mtv many moons ago. Seen them 3 times, the first time in the sfx which was mindblowing to say the least.
    All this applies to me but instead of seeing a video on MTV it was hearing it on 2fm. I kind of forgot all about that hard rock / metal show that was on around the mid to late 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭cosatron

S.M.B. wrote: »
    All this applies to me but instead of seeing a video on MTV it was hearing it on 2fm. I kind of forgot all about that hard rock / metal show that was on around the mid to late 90s.

Great times. The music was great. I've tried hard to listen to new bands but I keep coming back to tool, pantera, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭fyfe79

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Know what you mean, but knowing Tool, it wouldn't surprise me if they made it a vinyl-only release or something like that. They're that kind of organisation!

Strange though how they're against streaming but they also haven't re-issued any of their albums on vinyl - you'd think they'd be all over that, especially as some of the originals are going for mental money, and there are tons of fakes/pirates doing the rounds. There was talk of a box set last year I think, but that's gone all quiet. Aenima on double vinyl would be quite the experience!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Huzzah!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Website's been updated as well, so along with Danny's comments from NAMM, the 13 year wait is nearing an end.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Yeah, it might actually happpen this time.

• Advertisement

New Album: Best of Tool
    or Tool - The singles

Would be a laugh if it was - the ultimate f you from Maynard :-)

Advertisement