Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rammstein Megathread

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

it will sell out, they are liked by more than jut metal fans, and people have been waiting for years, maybe not sell out straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

it will sell out, they are liked by more than jut metal fans

Not only that, the German Leg of tour has totally sold out, i think there'll be a LOT of Jerry's comin over for this

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Rush was only a 100 or so off selling out and I can see this doing just as well if not better.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I love rammstein and there are only few heavy metal bands i do enjoy.

Theres nothing like playing a first person shooter blasting mein teil :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

Are they heavy metal. whats a good album too start with. well they have the pyro there or is even aloud in the o2

• Advertisement

cena wrote: »
    Are they heavy metal. whats a good album too start with

More Industrial Metal, i'd start wit the album 'Mutter'

scudzilla wrote: »
    More Industrial Metal, What is this

More Industrial Metal, What is this

Hard to describe, Heavy/rock, with driving riffs, i dunno, really hard to describe industrial

Those 3 vid's are from 'Mutter, check it out and see what i mean

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Industrial_metal

pretty much what people view heavy metal as yes

Hard to describe, Heavy/rock, with driving riffs, i dunno, really hard to describe industrial

Those 3 vid's are from 'Mutter, check it out and see what i mean

Thanks. I know some of there songs. Just never got an album of theres

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

To give it its genre of Industrial metal
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neue_Deutsche_H%C3%A4rte.

I think too it will sell out eventually, people will travel from the North and probably from Wales. The first time I saw them was in Brixton in 05, where they sold out the first date straight away and then added two more dates. I remember the review in the Evening Standard with the reporter amazed how a band he never heard of could sell out 3 dates so quick and have such an intense following. I think their popularity has increased even more tha past 6 years

Or will it in reality just be a singles tour? With 20 songs to be on the greatest hits album, it is most likely that all of these will make up the the setlist. Will greatest hits merely equal singles I wonder? Or will songs that make up their very being be included too, if this indeed to be their last tour, surely the likes of Weisses Fleisch and Laichzeit should be part of their final legacy and "essence", before say Mann Gegen Mann or Mutter, or maybe thats just me . . .

I have been wondering about this too, although I would be more than happy to hear Laichzeit live.Benzin seems to be the song of choice from Rosenrot while I think Zerstoren is a better choice, especially live, Till would make that sound positively evil

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

A lot of people who aren't even into metal would go to this just for the live show. I have no doubt it will sell out, fast or not. The question is, will they add more dates here??

I've been into Rammstein since I was 11. I'm 25 now and they are still my number 1 band. I can't believe that I'm FINALLY going to see them on home turf!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

goes without saying I'm a huge fan :D they're one band I've been absolutely dying to see live more so than any other. I've been waiting a long time for this *squee* :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Let's just hope they don't do a Rob on us and pull out of the gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I finally got around to seeing them last year and it will be great to see them in Ireland.

Let's just hope they don't do a Rob on us and pull out of the gig

Yeah, lot of snow round at that time of year :cool::cool:

Yeah, lot of snow round at that time of year :cool::cool:

Guaranteed, after their gig, all the snow will be melted within a 50 mile radius ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Seriously delighted about this gig. The bf doesn't even like them but said when he accidentally ended up at one of their European gigs a while back that they were great live, so I'm gonna drag him along :)

What makes people like them. do they sing in english at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

What makes people like them. do they sing in english at all.

Absolutely everything about them pretty much, for me anyway. The language they sing in is of no relevance to me whatsoever because the music is awesome regardless, on top of this they probably perform the single greatest live stage show of any band in the world, bar none, which also helps.

And yes they sing in english occasionally. For instance:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

What makes people like them. do they sing in english at all

basically....

This priority ticket thing is a complete faff! I registered, got my password in a text saying "Visit o2blueroom.ie Wed 6th July to buy tickets" only to find that the priority presale will run concurrently with general sale :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

its an absolute disgrace.

How hard can it be to make sure the dates sent in the texts are the same dates that the sale will start. It seems so amateurish. Very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Absolutely raging about the priority faling through, I go to feck all gigs at the O2. The one time you really want them...

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Shamo

That's just crazy. They could have sent a text message to anyone that got a code with the new date.

Priority is still there though, you just use the code on Friday instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Can't decide whether to go somewhere early and queue or to take a chance on the lottery of ticketmaster's website on the morning of them going on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

not a happy camper re the priority mess, but looking forward to Friday anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Voltwad wrote: »
    Can't decide whether to go somewhere early and queue or to take a chance on the lottery of ticketmaster's website on the morning of them going on sale.
    I dunno if they will sell out the O2 straight away TBH. They have a following here but I dunno if its "sell out the O2" big following.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Patricide wrote: »
    I dunno if they will sell out the O2 straight away TBH. They have a following here but I dunno if its "sell out the O2" big following.
    Could very well see standing tickets sell out on the day

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Advertisement