Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can a 4 year old learn magic?

• 02-08-2013 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭

My daughter is showing a bit of an interest in magic and I was wondering how young is too young?

By way of indicator of concentration / memory, she is starting school this year and wouldn't be able for anything complex yet.

I did buy a kids magic set that said it was for 3 years + but I think that was more to do with the content going into the kids mouth than the kids head (even I couldn't get my head around the very verbose instructions.

So, whattaya think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Well, my 4 year old is able to make biscuits disappear, so it must be possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 seamagu

Well, my 4 year old is able to make biscuits disappear, so it must be possible.

My young lad could manage 1 or 2tricks at 4 but kept telling people how he did it. there are a few simple ones you can show them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Start simple, things like a rattlebox are good for four year olds. But like another poster here, my 4 year old kept telling everyone how he did it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

The thing is folks - neither me nor her Dad can do any kind of tricks whatsoever!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

The thing is folks - neither me nor her Dad can do any kind of tricks whatsoever!

Maybe just start her with a simple magic set from the toy shop. Just work through the tricks in it with her. Nothing in those sets is usually too complicated.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 65 ✭✭Taajsgpm

My daughter is showing a bit of an interest in magic and I was wondering how young is too young?

By way of indicator of concentration / memory, she is starting school this year and wouldn't be able for anything complex yet.

I did buy a kids magic set that said it was for 3 years + but I think that was more to do with the content going into the kids mouth than the kids head (even I couldn't get my head around the very verbose instructions.

So, whattaya think?

google magic for kids

Advertisement