Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Smells you love

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I use to love the smell of the pharmacy near where I grew up. Didn't go into it much because that pharmacist was insane. He kept falling out with all the customers :/:)

And old books.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

fragrance of apples cooking,,, Could not resist the big cookers in lidl... ah such a scent..

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Burzum

Puppy Breath odd one I know.

Freshly trimmed pine hedge.

Burning turf.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Valerie Matthews

Coconut, cinnamon

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I was meeting someone for lunch earlier on Camden Street in Dublin and the usual fruit and veg stalls were out. But today they were also selling fresh Christmas trees :D The smell of them as I was walking down the street was amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Walking past someone this morning and they were wearing some familiar perfume that I have not used for a long time. The minute you notice it, it's like it takes you back to a certain time for a second.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

used to live near Cadburys

loved the smell of the chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭jordata

Primroses - those that grow wild on the ditches. Love to bring home a little bunch and keep them in a small jar on my desk

summer air by the ocean... mmmmmmmm!

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

Lillies.

Got a bunch of them for my mums grave today and anytime I smell them I'm reminded of when an ex gave me flowers around the time of her anniversary. He gave me two bunches; one for me and one for her. The memory makes me smile, and a little bit sad. But they are still my favourite flower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Sweet pea . A bunch freshly cut and in vase is heaven in a vase

• Registered Users Posts: 13,405 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

orange blossoms, so fresh and sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭victor8600

The smell of a beehive after the sunset of a warm day when there is a honey flow. Bees are inside busy evaporating excess water out of the collected nectar and a hive smells like a thousand sweet flowers.

Ocean air... my daily bread it is. Just a small field away..

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

The sweet smell of Autumn.....fallen apples, decaying leaves and burning firewood!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

New baby clothes washed in Fairy baby and Comfort sensitive . Mmmmmm

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Fragrant candles burning.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Moomoomacshoe

Firelighters...mmmm smell amazing!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

my girlfriends armpits used to drive me wild, must have been the pheromones or something

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

My new Yankee Candle "Christmas Cookie". It smells good enough to eat, I haven't lit it yet but it's so yum I think I better have some cookies on standby :pac:

• Advertisement

Sage.... when the stuffing has just been made and the aroma of sage drifts through …. epitome of Christmas. Also makes a good antiseptic wash so the aroma of healing

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Was out doing some street photography last night. Some of the restaurants passed I had a lovely smell of fried garlic wafting out of then. It was a real comfort smell on a windy, cold night.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

miamee wrote: »
    My new Yankee Candle "Christmas Cookie". It smells good enough to eat, I haven't lit it yet but it's so yum I think I better have some cookies on standby :pac:

I have this one too... it's soooo good! I love the Yankee Candle "Snow In Love"

I also use wax melts from Designer Soy Wax Melts, they smell INCREDIBLE and the company is a small Irish company so win win.

Hyacinths... essence of sheer fragrance

I forced a trio of blue and they started to open on January 7th. our Orthodox Christmas Day. Utter deep fragrant glory.

Echoes and memories from decades ago. A perfume of every Christmas past

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Petrol.
    I'd wear it as aftershave if it wasn't for the ridiculous safety issues. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭pavb2

On the subject of smells bringing back memories I used to go to school in Aston, Birmingham. I can still smell the HP sauce factory even today the stench kicked in from about half a mile away, add to this the smell from the Ansells brewery which was about a minutes walk from HP, the competing odours of molasses and hops would cling to your clothes and literally knock you out, it was truly intoxicating

• Registered Users Posts: 51,424 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Rashers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭Archeron

Tinsel. Really unique smell that you don't really get anymore coz people don't really use tinsel these days, but reminds me of Christmas as a kid. The day my mum would bring the decorations out to put up, the smell was really powerful and it meant santy season was starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The_Dave

The smell of the air as you leave work to take some time off

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,103 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Haven't smelled it in probably 40 years, but was always very fond of the smell of the 'Flying Dragon (Horse?)' crayons Hector Grey used to sell.

Advertisement