Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

483156.jpg

https://www.iclothing.com/pen-pu-pencil-skirt-in-green

Couldn't say no to that for €9.99.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I had a rare look in Oxfam today and found this lovely M&S floral midi dress for €9! I saw it was about £40 on their website, although now sold out!
    SD_01_T42_5886_Y4_X_EC_90?$PDP_MAIN_CAR_XM$

483739.jpg

Got the tan one as well as it came back into stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Picked up a few sale bits, hoping the dress will be suitable for a wedding next month.

302015s.jpg

326628s.jpg

854763s.jpg

image1xxl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭shalclon

Very pretty dress, where is it from?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

shalclon wrote: »
    Very pretty dress, where is it from?

It's from B.Young, I bought it in Shaws, Tralee but it's available here too

https://www.asos.com/byoung/byoung-floral-wrap-dress/prd/11441804

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I ordered these two tops off the Zara sale, hopefully they will fit ok! Both €7.99 each.

0085340048_6_1_1.jpg?ts=1552046463893

6050309600_6_1_1.jpg?ts=1547830442900

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I just bought these, going on a city break next week so hoping they will be comfortable for travelling;

https://www.asos.com/carvela/carvela-metallic-lace-up-trainers/prd/11933329?clr=gold&colourWayId=16391588&SearchQuery=&cid=4469

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Margan

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Got a Fat Face dress in a charity shop for €5 - fits like a glove and has lovely big pockets:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fat-Face-Womens-Serena-Trailing-Floral-Dress-Natural-Ivory-BNWT-/264232997906

And -after years of sandals that started rubbing or falling apart after a year - I finally took my German friends' advice and bought Birkenstocks. So, so comfortable, and much nicer looker than I'd thought they'd be.

//https://images.app.goo.gl/G43upkGsCuknY4Xx6

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Loved this Topshop skirt so much I had to get it in both colours!

TS27N18RGRN_M_1.jpg?$w1300$&fmt=webp&qlt=80

TS27N06RMON_M_1.jpg?$w1300$&fmt=webp&qlt=80

I got this for my niece's christening, from Monsoon of all places. Not somewhere I would usually look. Hard to tell from the pic but it's a tiny star print in navy.

9459972833310.jpg?buildNumber=ea7e8c7d0b13bc67f82a9d186e984ee99318f211

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

After discussion in another thread I ended up on Uniqlo website. I bought their jeans before and thought it's pretty dreadful quality (cigarette jeans) but Uniqlo U line uses much better materials in my opinion. It is also extremely flattering for those of us with chubby legs and less chubby waist. The only thing that annoys me is their sizing. The website predictor recommended 28 inch, from experience I also ordered size down. While it's flattering to see that 27 fits me it's also annoying because I'm 29 with anybody else. Even in regular Uniqlo lines I'm 28.

goods_09_422279.jpg?width=734

I also got a T Shirt.

I bought this mustard coloured sweatshirt in a local boutique today in their sale. Top underneath is separate and not part of the Sweatshirt. Its by the brand Compania Fantastica.
    003328428?$rsp-pdp-port-1080$

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Just wondering what others think of this coat?
    I have an upcoming wedding in November and want a good dressy coat to keep warm but not too dressy that it will never be worn again.
    Its quite expensive, I wouldn't normally spend this much but im in need of a good coat and its as good excuse as any to invest.

Is it nice? is it worth the money? I can never decide these things myself.

https://www.oasis-stores.com/ie/clothing/jackets-coats/wrap-coat/070335.html?dwvar_070335_color=37&position=52&cgid=coats-and-jackets#page=4&productsMoved=0&hideFeatured=false&start=52&categoryID=coats-and-jackets

Just wondering what others think of this coat?
    I have an upcoming wedding in November and want a good dressy coat to keep warm but not too dressy that it will never be worn again.
    Its quite expensive, I wouldn't normally spend this much but im in need of a good coat and its as good excuse as any to invest.

Is it nice? is it worth the money? I can never decide these things myself.

https://www.oasis-stores.com/ie/clothing/jackets-coats/wrap-coat/070335.html?dwvar_070335_color=37&position=52&cgid=coats-and-jackets#page=4&productsMoved=0&hideFeatured=false&start=52&categoryID=coats-and-jackets

Imo that coat is stunning, love the cut,love that the sleeves seem very long and the buttons give it a military vibe,pricey but well worth it,they do 20%off regularly especially in the Debenhams concession, I'd but it and mind the receipt in case they reduce it before the wedding, go for it,it's classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I love that coat Airyfairy12. It looks lovely. Very dressy and looks much more expensive than it actually is. I'd say go for it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, I agree, it’s a beautiful coat and looks to have a lovely cut. It’s a flattering style that shows off curves in the way boxy or boyfriend-style costs don’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

It's a nice coat but bear two things in mind. Material composition suggests it's autumn/spring type of a coat not a winter coat. It depends what you are looking for. The other issue is what you are wearing underneath. It's seems to me it's above the knee a line coat. From experience it's a tricky shape to make work with longer dresses.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I was about the say similar meeeeh, it's a beautiful coat but I don't think it's a winter coat. One button at the front is not really enough in cold winter gales plus the material and description suggest it is a lighter coat. It is beautiful though and would be fab for a winter wedding, just maybe not for ordinary wear when you're slogging through the rain to the bus stop or something :)

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone for the feedback.
    It does seem light but I usually wear layers with long sleeve tops under jumpers and I love wearing big scarves, im thinking it can be worn all year round too, for that price I want to get allot of wear out of it. Just ordered it, hopefully it looks as nice in person as it does online.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Report back!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Thanks everyone for the feedback.
    It does seem light but I usually wear layers with long sleeve tops under jumpers and I love wearing big scarves, im thinking it can be worn all year round too, for that price I want to get allot of wear out of it. Just ordered it, hopefully it looks as nice in person as it does online.

Would love to know how heavy it is in person as it's a lovely coat and have also been considering buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

I have a wedding next week, after a couple ASOS buys and returns I ended up picking this up in New Look. Thought it was a bit dull at first to be honest but it actually all comes together quite nicely as an outfit, and it's nice on me as I'm curvy.

plum-satin-pleated-midi-dress.jpg?strip=true&qlt=80&w=720

I also picked up a dark grey beaded clutch, it's not up on the website but it goes perfectly with the shoes I plan to wear - got these bad boys on crazy sale in Prada at Kildare village last christmas

p7aedt-5fe0d76d6153ee1b42c349cd42e8ba0a90fba49b.jpg

The dress and clutch were €60 together, gave my student card and paid €48, can't complain!

The shoes, wow!!!! Fabulous!

I had to return a jumpsuit from Paperdolls (bought on Asos) as the quality, fit and finishing of the garment was so poor. Very disappointed, considering I paid €88 for it. That was the sterling converted, the actual euro price was €107!

So, still in need of something to wear to my "big" birthday next month, I've ordered this. Here's hoping!
    Edited to add - It's from Warehouse via Asos
    warehouse_03494736_2.jpg

Really feeling myself in this winter weather! Treated myself to a new pair of Doc Martens, in the Pascal soft leather style. I have my other pair (bottle green) over 10 years but I just could not be arsed breaking in a new pair, so hopefully the soft leather are good to go. I don't expect they'll last as long, we'll see.

The best price I could get was on https://www.greenesshoes.com/, and a 10% discount for signing up to the newsletter. I paid €139, versus €192 on Asos :eek::eek::eek:

4bb70187-c19a-4e1c-8269-4f2661ebef05.jpeg?crop=pad&pad_color=FFF&format=jpeg&trim=color&trimcolor=FFF&w=780&h=838

Twee. wrote: »
    Really feeling myself in this winter weather! Treated myself to a new pair of Doc Martens, in the Pascal soft leather style. I have my other pair (bottle green) over 10 years but I just could not be arsed breaking in a new pair, so hopefully the soft leather are good to go. I don't expect they'll last as long, we'll see.

The best price I could get was on https://www.greenesshoes.com/, and a 10% discount for signing up to the newsletter. I paid €139, versus €192 on Asos :eek::eek::eek:

4bb70187-c19a-4e1c-8269-4f2661ebef05.jpeg?crop=pad&pad_color=FFF&format=jpeg&trim=color&trimcolor=FFF&w=780&h=838

Love Doc Martens, they are so classic, they never go out of style and no matter what age you are they look cool.

I can never get a pair of black doc martins to fit me, I have dark blue ones that fit perfectly but black are either too big or too small, tried on different ones in different places and always have the same problem.
    Any else or do I just have weird feet?

These are gorgeous though, love the soft leather.

For anyone who wanted to know what the coat I posted about previously is like after it was delivered - https://www.oasis-stores.com/ie/clothing/jackets-coats/wrap-coat/070335.html?dwvar_070335_color=37&position=52&cgid=coats-and-jackets#page=4&productsMoved=0&hideFeatured=false&start=52&categoryID=coats-and-jackets&cm_mmc=Linkshare-_-Affiliate-_-UKNetwork-_-TnL5HPStwNw&utm_source=Affiliate&utm_medium=LinkShare&utm_campaign=UKNetwork&utm_content=10&utm_term=Skimlinks.com&ranMID=24798&ranEAID=TnL5HPStwNw&ranSiteID=TnL5HPStwNw-sQqumub1r0YTRlJkC7Z.Mg&siteID=TnL5HPStwNw-sQqumub1r0YTRlJkC7Z.Mg

Its gorgeous, very fitted, has a frock coat vibe which is cool I think, nothing like anything else I own and can be dressy or just worn with jeans.
    The material is actually quite thick and heavy so can be worn in winter but I would wear a jumper or layers under it and as said before, its not the type of coat youd want to get stuck in the rain in but then I knew it wasnt a rain jacket when I bought it.
    Its really classy looking and comfortable and its true to size. Definitely worth the money.

I just got an email saying they're out of stock and are refunding me, raging! I'll have to have a nose around for some other good deals. I'll wear them with eveything so don't mind spending, but if there's a saving to be had I want it :pac:

That's so strange about the black ones! What size shoe are you normally? I wonder could you look at the kids ones as they're not as wide? Maybe if you're size 5 or smaller. I'm a 7 so don't know how valid this idea is lol.

I had sized down in the ones I ordered. My old ones are a 7 but once they wore in they were a bit big for me.

• Advertisement

Twee. wrote: »
    I just got an email saying they're out of stock and are refunding me, raging! I'll have to have a nose around for some other good deals. I'll wear them with eveything so don't mind spending, but if there's a saving to be had I want it :pac:

That's so strange about the black ones! What size shoe are you normally? I wonder could you look at the kids ones as they're not as wide? Maybe if you're size 5 or smaller. I'm a 7 so don't know how valid this idea is lol.

I had sized down in the ones I ordered. My old ones are a 7 but once they wore in they were a bit big for me.

Thats so annoying, hate when that happens. Did you look on Schuh.ie? Sometimes they have really good deals on and their shoes are sometimes cheaper than other places I find.

Im a 5 and a half but usually just wear a six when I cant get half sizes, its so strange because some of the other colours fit so well, its just the black ones. I will try the kids ones, ive a few pairs of shoes that ive bought in the kids section and theyre the best fitting shoes I own.

Good call.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement