Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Review

• 23-07-2015 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭

www.safeandvaultservices.com

I made the above website for my brothers business a few months ago, it's been live for a while, but I've been tweaking it to get it how I want it to be. Can I get some feedback on what people think of it?

I was aiming for something that looks good, runs well and gets across it's infomrational clearly.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

There's a few too many typefaces going on.

Centre aligned text isn't the easiest to read, look to left align more of it.

Welcome to can be removed.

I'd leave the company name in the page headers on all pages as opposed to the page heading.

Some of the homepage content is you talking about you, try to turn this around to what you can do for your customers perhaps in the format: problem, solution, call to action for your top services.

SEO:
    There are no meta tags in use in the headers. Add meta descriptions, og, fb, twitter meta info to control how your site is cited. Do not use meta keywords as they are worthless.
    Use heading tags properly and semantically. Somethignlike h1 for the company name, h2 for the page heading, h3 for sub headings.
    Use strong instead of b.

You are using a table for the social icons. You should be able to do this using divs or equivalent.

Try to get some feedback from happy customers for a testimonials/endorsements page.

hth/gl

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Thank you for your feedback :)
    tricky D wrote: »
    Centre aligned text isn't the easiest to read, look to left align more of it.

Welcome to can be removed.

I'd leave the company name in the page headers on all pages as opposed to the page heading.

Some of the homepage content is you talking about you, try to turn this around to what you can do for your customers perhaps in the format: problem, solution, call to action for your top services.

SEO:
    There are no meta tags in use in the headers. Add meta descriptions, og, fb, twitter meta info to control how your site is cited. Do not use meta keywords as they are worthless.
    Use heading tags properly and semantically. Somethignlike h1 for the company name, h2 for the page heading, h3 for sub headings.
    Use strong instead of b.

You are using a table for the social icons. You should be able to do this using divs or equivalent.

I've made the above changes. (Meta info will be added later)
    There's a few too many typefaces going on.

There were really only two, Times New Roman for the Company name, everything else in Arial. However I've cleaned up the fonts (removed a lot of the italics) and along with decentering a lot of the text, it does look neater. Still, the company name looks a lot better IMO in TNR rather than Arial, while the main body looks a lot better in Arial rather than TNR, so we will probably keep it like that.
    Try to get some feedback from happy customers for a testimonials/endorsements page.

Most of our work is commercial and in banks, and as subcontractors for other companies, so we can't really get many personal testimonials (although, now that I think of it, there are a few on our facebook page). We are considering making a gallery of our safe openings instead, obviously with personal details omitted for privacy and security.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

There were really only two, Times New Roman for the Company name, everything else in Arial. However I've cleaned up the fonts (removed a lot of the italics) and along with decentering a lot of the text, it does look neater.

Just to clarify; there are indeed 2 fonts but the typefaces I refer to are both the font and the treatment of it (colour, size, weight, style (bold, italic, normal...), etc.).

• Registered Users Posts: 37 NorthDublin1

Just to clarify; there are indeed 2 fonts but the typefaces I refer to are both the font and the treatment of it (colour, size, weight, style (bold, italic, normal...), etc.).

Very nice website!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

Looking like a responsive site but you should try to get real reviews by enlisting your business at the following business listing places. As we are not your clients then how we can give feedback for it. See the following listing sites and ask your customers to judge your service there.

Google Business: Yes, you can add your business here with all the details. Can also include the site you mentioned above. Your clients can give feedback here.

Bing Places: Bing also allows businesses or service to list their business to share real business searches with its searchers. Here, you can add your business https://www.bingplaces.com/.

Yelp: Yes, it is another place where you can add your company, service or business to get feedback from clients.

Scangator: It is also another free place to list your business online. Here scangator.com, your customers can also add reviews under strict moderation to avoid spam.

Sitejabber: It is another site where you can list your business and get reviews of clients.

Hopefully, it is a better idea to get reviews on unbiased review sites instead of getting reviews on your own site.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

This thread is nearly 4 years old.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4 biokay

The text beside your logo on the header (Fast, Expert, Trustworhty) can be easily confued as menus. You should fix that.

Advertisement