Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mechatronics on line

• 11-06-2019 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi
    Just inquiring if any one has completed this level 8 course through TUD Blanchardstown or it Sligo.

Is course content good, how did you find on line lectures?
    ARE labs good as only three per semester.?
    I currently am a service engineer qualified electrician wit ordinary from DIT.
    I would like to get into automation control engineering.
    From experience of completing course would you recommend it thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭GreenandRed

Hi Pablo,

I didn't study for L8, will complete L7 in Sligo next year.

Lectures were good, if a bit fast, and needed to be watched and rewatched to be understood. Not as good as classroom lectures where you ask questions. For me more stays in the head after a classroom lecture and it's good to have live classmates to ask questions of and discuss assignments etc. The handy thing about online lectures is you watch them in your own time later, which suits me working shifts. Just 2 labs per semester, not too bad and a chance to meet the classmates you only hear from in Whatsapp. Definitely sign up for a Whatsapp group, very helpful. You might spend a bit of time on YouTube looking for info if lecturers are difficult to understand and/or get hold of. All the info you get they understand, you may not straightaway but you'll get there. Try Udemy for some cheap intro courses including Arduino and Labview.

best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

Advertisement