Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Giants Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭boccy23

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The center, O'Hagan, is decently rated. I imagine he'll make the roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

He will get a chance to compete alright

Big competition with Halapio and Pulley

Hard to see us keeping three centres

“Listen, you can have an off-field incident with any draft pick any time,” Francesa said, in audio courtesy @BackAftaThis. “But when you finish your draft and stress how you went out of your way to take the right kind of guys, guys that you want on the team, guys that are going to be great character guys and you stress that as strongly as the Giants did, it looks pretty bad when one of them gets shot on a Saturday night. It does not look good. It’s just more of the same for the Giants, who just can’t get out of their own way, no matter what they say.”

Sounds familiar.

“It’s sad to see the Giants become a laughingstock around the league,” Francesa said

https://nypost.com/2019/04/29/mike-francesa-shames-giants-for-corey-ballentine-getting-shot/

Pretty poor from Francesa blaming the kid for getting shot and losing his best friend with 0 evidence they did anything wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭wawaman

Francesa comes across as an idiot and has a pop at the giants even when there is no legitmate reason to

• Advertisement

Signed Remmers for RT. Both Shurmur and Gettleman familiar with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭human 19

Some analysis and comment on the Giants' OTAs Practice No 1, with a few vids

Giants OTAs Practice No 1

• Registered Users Posts: 39,404 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm assuming giant fans saw the comments from your head coach yesterday about the QB situation for the New York football giants ? Now maybe it's because I'm an eagles fan but what was he on about when he said the rookie was getting ready to play and Eli is ready to have a great season , but they'll start the best player at QB. Basically I'm confused is what I'm saying.

I have stopped putting much stock in what he says anymore. Im not going to spend time trying to guess what he means. The general consensus at present is that Eli will be the starting QB and that still is the opinion after the OTAs.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Absolute disaster in first full practice today. Shepard has fractured his thumb and appears that he'll be week to week. Coleman has tore his ACL and is out for the year. Not good times for that WR depth chart

• Advertisement

Golden tate suspended for 4 games. We have no WR

Tate is a Bloody fool

"I think Golden Tate is serving four games

Tate said in his statement regarding his four-game suspension that he is appealing and is “confident in the facts.”

Those facts, as he presented them, are that he was taking a fertility drug, stopped after quickly learning it contained a banned substance, then self-reported the situation.

That’s fine. He acted responsibly once he learned of the situation. But, rules are rules.

From the NFL’s policy on performance enhancing drugs:

“Players are responsible for what is in their bodies and a positive test will not be excused because a Player was unaware that he was taking a Prohibited Substance.”

— “Kudos,” incidentally to ESPN’s Jordan Ranaan for looking this up and posting it, which saved me having to dig for it.

That, as clear as day, tells players they better know exactly what is in any medication you are prescribed before they take it. Tate, who has to know better after nine seasons in the league, didn’t do that.

There is also this — not a single PED suspension by the NFL to start the 2018 season went for less than four games. I did not look up the circumstances of each one, but you can bet several of those players also thought they had good reasons to appeal."

https://www.bigblueview.com/2019/7/28/8933697/valentines-views-dave-gettleman-golden-tate-suspension-more-ny-giants

So we now have no Tate and an injured Shepard .... great

Is Eli fecked even if he plays well before the giants bye week which is week 10 ? we could see Daniel jones week 12 depending on how the season goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is Eli fecked even if he plays well before the giants bye week which is week 10 ? we could see Daniel jones week 12 depending on how the season goes.

Eli getting excuses already :rolleyes:

So preseason game one tonight

Just no injuries please

I know it's only preseason but Jones made some good throws in his series last night

was hoping to see more from C.J. Conrad after very positive reports from camp

anyone staying up tonight?

Anyone getting excited yet?

Jones looks... good?

4 from 4 in preseason

Be interesting to see our cuts to get to 53

119 points scored in preseason, most of any team.

Not sure it means anything, but hey, beats the last few preseasons we have endured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭boccy23

Knex. wrote: »
    119 points scored in preseason, most of any team.

Not sure it means anything, but hey, beats the last few preseasons we have endured.

Don't think the results mean anything, but what I did like is that we have a much better upcoming roster. Last year we had 6 free agent pick ups from other peoples cut downs. This year, I think we won't have near as many and will be hoping to keep some of them for the practice squad.

Our depth is getting better, and we have a lot of youth.

Unfortunately I think our defense looks like it still has a long way to go. A lot will depend on whether our offense can sustain drives and prevent the D from having to spend too much time on the field. If that happens, then there's a chance they can be serviceable enough to get through games.

If they're on field for 70+ snaps a game, as we've seen before, they are getting shredded and we will see another season of many 4th quarter losses.

That said, I am optimistic of the direction the team are headed in and can see a 7 win season that could swing to 9 if things go our way. Be interesting to see if Jones starts if Eli doesn't come out the gate winning and playing well.

I'm still not sure Jones is ready

He's getting a lot of praise but it was against second and this string players

One interesting decision is what to do with Sam Beal who cost us a third rounder but didn't play last year

Do we Put him on IR now and he's done for the second year in row or keep him on the 53-man roster, then move him to IR so he may come back later on in the year

Some fans advocating releasing him but I can't see the Giants doing that

Also do we keep Kyle Lauletta as the third QB or release him and hope we can sneak him onto the practice squad?

Doesn't make financial sense to release Beal.

Jones in the 3rd game was against 1st string, wasn't it? I'd definitely rather sit him, but that will entirely depend on Eli performing.

Well no heart attack inducing moves on the roster cuts, but I cant figure out why they kept Tanney over Lauletta. ( I thought the same last year about Davis Webb vs Tanney) What could be the reason for that? I thought , after Thursday, they might even keep in in order to trade him.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Not even half time and I can already tell it's gonna be a long season for this defence

tgdaly wrote: »
    Not even half time and I can already tell it's gonna be a long season for this defence

Within1 half of football they have killed the enthusiasm I had at the start of the game for the season

Well our defence is still crap

Making Prescott look good

FFS 35-10

Im hitting the leaba

Awful all round

• Advertisement

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    FFS 35-10

Im hitting the leaba

Awful all round

How long for the Daniel Jones show Krusty ?

Advertisement