Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cbe a910-6 Charger

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Have you any 5 amp or higher 240vAC -110vAC to 12.4vDC transformers like this?

big-12v-5a-adapter-for-imax-b6-balance-charger.jpg

Things like pre-USB phone charger, power supply for internet router, laptop charger, tv/electronics power lead etc.
    Did you mean to use that as a charger, Liam? Factory builds rarely use anything less than 15 amp chargers. I suppose to keep ahead of any drain if all the consumables are turned on.

No just a fused diagnostic tool. for a small load. I want to establish that the built in traffo that's tripping is not the problem by reproducing results on another traffo.

A 5A or higher is a lot easier to find in a domestic situation than a 20A brute.

Have you checked your hook-up lead for loose connections in the plug & socket?
    It's an unlikely possibility as I'd expect it to take out your hook-up RCD too but worth a punt. As for it working on a bench it may be only a little loose. Check wires under cable crimp of plug & socket aren't broken/mashed too, most people do these up too tight. Feel flex for breaks and bulges.

Continuity check the 16amp hook up pins on the camper external with 230V set to off on the control panel. Check live/nuetral, live/earth and neutral/earth none of these should make continuity.
    I've also tried it without mains and its still turning off ??

Was the hook-up lead still connected at this time? It would be best to test this with the hook-up lead disconnected, not by simply switching 230V off at the control panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TheGrabbingHand

Ok. Had a mate of mine (elctrician) have a look at it. Its not internal van wiring, its not 220v lead( used 2 diff ones), its not the battery so he reckons its the control panel or the power unit itself.

Spoke to Ger down in Maynooth Motorhomes and am going to drop the van down to him to see if he can find the fault. Need it fixed asap as i'm off to the continent in 2 wks.

Thanks everyone for various suggestions. I'll let you know the outcome for future ref

Good luck getting it sorted, sounds like you made good progress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Barkee

Hi thegrabbinghand. Did you get to the bottom of this my camper is doing exactly the same thing. Same charger unit CBE

Advertisement