Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightmare and Politics

• 26-05-2019 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

I had a nightmare last night, and also a recurring nightmare.

My conclusion is that this was due to the political situation brought about by the change that voting brings. A change of the guard and a subconscious fear that the more corrupt elements will once again reign and the various states bodies such as An Garda or even semi state bodies will re ignite previous crimes that our society has received slim atonement for.

The dream is focus's on a gloomy portrait of O'Connell street, barely a street as much as faint line of tree's, the street's converge intoa place called Phibsborough once once known as Phibsboro. A dark shadow moves freely through these oddly familiar street's his dark shadow unhindered by the organs of state.

The phoenix park dark history looms over the city centre and we are forced to be innocent participants, pedestrians if you will walking in what is now no longer our territory perhaps their grounds. Powerless to stop or change what is happening around us.

My conclusion is that many people must have bad dreams in and around big elections, a sub conscious fear of change and what it may bring.

It seems reckless to dismiss or ignore these fears, they are not fears of discrimination. They are not faint hysteria, but under the asphalt street's beneath the Georgian built sewer lines and Victorian built Water pipes and amidst the power lines, while we are distracted by these imbecile fears that force us to ignore them, a foreign fiber optic line runs from our poorly regulated exchange sucking away our corporate tax gain's and beneath that like the invasive roots of Ivy are the tentacles of the Deutsche bank. In lowest sumps of the sewer is an Irishman called 'Eugene' ( not his real name) but a synonym of the original Irish state worker open for business. Deeper down is Godfrey Cordial supplier for the state institutions. Somewhere deeper still is the soothing lyrics of O'Leary beating out a rhythmical 'dead and gone' drum bass. I quote Hugo Grotius a dutch jurist and superimpose his basic idea and would like to see the Irish legal system turned upside and down and made into the best legal system in the modern world. That would be a good starting foundation for this crumbling english common law country, not to mention some decent Irish architecture, a real society.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,457 ✭✭✭✭Kylta

pirelli wrote: »
    I had a nightmare last night, and also a recurring nightmare.

My conclusion is that this was due to the political situation brought about by the change that voting brings. A change of the guard and a subconscious fear that the more corrupt elements will once again reign and the various states bodies such as An Garda or even semi state bodies will re ignite previous crimes that our society has received slim atonement for.

The dream is focus's on a gloomy portrait of O'Connell street, barely a street as much as faint line of tree's, the street's converge intoa place called Phibsborough once once known as Phibsboro. A dark shadow moves freely through these oddly familiar street's his dark shadow unhindered by the organs of state.

The phoenix park dark history looms over the city centre and we are forced to be innocent participants, pedestrians if you will walking in what is now no longer our territory perhaps their grounds. Powerless to stop or change what is happening around us.

My conclusion is that many people must have bad dreams in and around big elections, a sub conscious fear of change and what it may bring.

It seems reckless to dismiss or ignore these fears, they are not fears of discrimination. They are not faint hysteria, but under the asphalt street's beneath the Georgian built sewer lines and Victorian built Water pipes and amidst the power lines, while we are distracted by these imbecile fears that force us to ignore them, a foreign fiber optic line runs from our poorly regulated exchange sucking away our corporate tax gain's and beneath that like the invasive roots of Ivy are the tentacles of the Deutsche bank. In lowest sumps of the sewer is an Irishman called 'Eugene' ( not his real name) but a synonym of the original Irish state worker open for business. Deeper down is Godfrey Cordial supplier for the state institutions. Somewhere deeper still is the soothing lyrics of O'Leary beating out a rhythmical 'dead and gone' drum bass. I quote Hugo Grotius a dutch jurist and superimpose his basic idea and would like to see the Irish legal system turned upside and down and made into the best legal system in the modern world. That would be a good starting foundation for this crumbling english common law country, not to mention some decent Irish architecture, a real society.

There are pills for what your suffering from I just don't know the colour of them yet.

On a more sombre note, who really cares who wins an election here its one share of ¢unts for another, they all promise you the best orgy you ever be invited too, only to castrate you at the door. Now you take any pills for that

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭KieferFan69

Interesting stuff. I had a dream recently (not reoccurring) where I walked into the oireachtas and it was empty except under the seats in a few places here and there there was moaning and a bit of hanky panky, lovers (members of the dail) copulating

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jylyzucyj

I had a nightmare where my friend died...it was the worst nightmare I ever had because he is my soulmate's husband and she is pregnant now. I don't want this nightmare to become a reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Sigmund Freud, the famous psychologist, had a slightly different take on death dreams. He said that if we dreamed of the death of someone we know, it could mean that we want to get that person out of our lives.

Your dream is open to many interpretations. It obvioulsy has a meaning for you. What is interesting is that you beleive that your dream can see past time boundaries and past dimensions, we can predict future events and this is not sceintifically proven. It is a natural human reality that we think along these lines but Science does not agree with this interpretation.

It is that twilightZone that i was thinking about.

I think the reason that dreams are so important is beacause some tend to encourage some form of holistic thinking. They open the mind to consider external factors that may effect them personally.

For example a child abuse victim would benefit from the realisation that there are external factors outside thier control that might effect their interpreations of events at time. How a victim might have dealt with the sexual abuse and how they compartmentalised it. How that abuse resurfaces from that compartment ( a safe place i,e a family event, suudenly reflected from external environment) and the resurface does so from the perpetrators perspective, but from within the mind of the victim unexpectedly and randomly in a disturbing manner. (imagine Hanniball lecters face emerging from your face and Hannibals tongue snaking out) In that split second you got a sense of how evil the perpetrator is, beyond even his or her ( the perps) understanding.

If we were simply to look at everything from a Freudian perspective then the abuse victim will feel very isloated and very alone and lost and if their abuser is still alive, the victim might well feel they need to put an end to that abuser.

A Holistic perspective, is better as you say look at 20 other vicitms from the same perpatrator and find they all experience the same problems. This is an external result of the abuse and it does not surface from your inner concious but is rather a memory resurfacing from a comparment, it really highlights the gravity and damage child abuse can cause.

However despite this a Holisitic perspective is not grounded in science, in reality yes but not in science. So you cannot experience events as a result from a third party miles away somewhere, and you are responsible for your Sub concious, and concious thoughts. It is not fair.

So you sense of what occupys your mind like everyone else is important, and having much of your time wasted on petty falshoods is a greater insult and yet these petty falsehoods are external factors, enemies and rivals. However because of science and Freud we spend most of our time dealing with pettiness and falshood and can never get past that third dimension because it is almost a science fiction but a science fiction that is very much a part of our reality and the indicative of future events. I.e It is your behaviour that has caused this inner turmoil and all of this is a result of you drinking too much coffee before bedtime. It has nothing to do with anything else from your life, Just you, your coffee and your bed, it is your fault and no one else is to blame and if you did not drink coffee before bed, you would have a perfect life. You should reflect on the fact you drank coffee before bed becase this a human failure and you are the cause of it.

So you cannot focus all your arrows strength and power on the target, you must interrupt your train of thought and waste your time considering whether that coffee you had is the problem when obviously it is not the problem, but your forced to consider it but that is just a distraction that wavers your aim and allows the target to escape. This is an anology for everything, we get distracted and there is nothing to faciliate fixing the injustice and abuse from the past. Just distractions.

Dreams can predict future events, and dreams are the only proof we have that this 3rd dimension exists. The real kick in the teeth is the fact that The Courts are designed to also prevent people introducing fact and science when it is critical to a change in a decision. It is a strange hypocrisy.

If an expert witness lies in testimoney, and the case ends, that witness has Immunity. There is nothing you can do about it.

Advertisement