Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Squat Rack for outdoors

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭COH

Check out a company called Blk Box

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Can anyone suggest a squat rack for outdoors that doesn't fall to pieces after a year. A decent one where you can get down deep, none of this parallel stuff...

Was thinking of something like this but price tag is a bit heavy https://www.rogueeurope.eu/sml-2-rogue-90-monster-lite-squat-stand-eu

I got Ultimate Gym Equipment (based in Tallaght) to make me a free standing pull up bar for my back garden about 5 years ago. It's been out there in all weather ever since, and has needed no repairs. Cost a little bit extra to get galvanised but was still good value. If I had paid to get hooks and catcher arms for it then it would work as a squat rack also, based off the same frame and with the same footprint as a very minimalist squat rack.

Last year I bought an indoor rack from them and, again, was happy with the build quality.

I know there are other Irish companies doing similar work and to be honest I think they fill a good middle range part of the market.

They're more expensive than cheap Chinese made products, but worth it. Even when the budget Chinese stuff is bought from the likes of Strength Shop UK the tolerances are terrible and sometimes you just don't know whether a part is going to fail unexpectedly.

The Rogue or Pullum Sports and similar stuff is expensive and probably is the best quality ... But for me I would rather pay a little less, maybe compromise a bit on design or finish, and buy stuff fabricated in Ireland. Plus a lot of these companies will deliver and build it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

I got Ultimate Gym Equipment (based in Tallaght) to make me a free standing pull up bar for my back garden about 5 years ago. It's been out there in all weather ever since, and has needed no repairs. Cost a little bit extra to get galvanised but was still good value. If I had paid to get hooks and catcher arms for it then it would work as a squat rack also, based off the same frame and with the same footprint as a very minimalist squat rack.

Last year I bought an indoor rack from them and, again, was happy with the build quality.

I know there are other Irish companies doing similar work and to be honest I think they fill a good middle range part of the market.

They're more expensive than cheap Chinese made products, but worth it. Even when the budget Chinese stuff is bought from the likes of Strength Shop UK the tolerances are terrible and sometimes you just don't know whether a part is going to fail unexpectedly.

The Rogue or Pullum Sports and similar stuff is expensive and probably is the best quality ... But for me I would rather pay a little less, maybe compromise a bit on design or finish, and buy stuff fabricated in Ireland. Plus a lot of these companies will deliver and build it for you.

Thanks. How much would I be looking at to get something similar to your setup?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

Thanks. How much would I be looking at to get something similar to your setup?

For the simple rack with pull up bar, catcher arms and sprayed black it was just under 400 euro (no bench, I had one already). I'm sure to have it galvanised for outdoors might be a bit extra?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 THH

The Power Rack from Body Solid is great. But the price is almost the same. But I think if you want a really durable Power Rack for outdoors, you can't go with the very cheap ones.

How about building your own one from wood, like the one from buff dudes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement