Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you don't like that everybody else does.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

A whole lot of singer songwriters, especially the keening ones, get a band for Christ sake!
    Brown sauce - just not happening!
    Celery except when completely obliterated by a blender in a soup.
    Green smoothies!

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Irishder

ketchup, how anyone consumes it is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

TV. Hate it. Don't mind Netflix, but TV channels are just appalling.

Movies... not a fan.

Sports, and watching them on TV is well beyond me.

Live music (concerts)... not my idea of fun.

Any type of news... nope.

Nightclubs.

Just call me Buzz Killington.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭sporina

butter on bread/rolls

Sauces on food.....if you need either of these,what your eating isnt nice

no that's not the case... however if you go to a restaurant and your food is covered in a sauce then mayb its disguising the fact that the food is poor quality.. but try having a thai red chicken curry without sauce.. ;) or for eg: last weekend we had sea bream for dinner.. it was lovely but screamed "you need a cream sauce with some lemon with this).. etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,350 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Irishder wrote: »
    ketchup, how anyone consumes it is beyond me.

Also , why would you put salt on your food, unless your food tastes like shiite I suppose.

• Advertisement

Also , why would you put salt on your food, unless your food tastes like shiite I suppose.

salt is required to bring out flavour.. eg with meat/veg etc.. but it shouldn't be added at the table really.. lots of people add salt just cos they like it/out of habit.. ekk... but there is one exception to the rule for me.. I add it to chips (which I rarely eat)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Odelay

Chocolate. Does nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Banana's. Horrible. and people eat them, in a sandwich? Between bread? That space is reserved for cheese and meats :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭YellowLead

Orange and lemon flavoured sweets. Fruit gums or start burst for example - lemon and orange are always the ones left behind by me.
    Green purple red and black all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,907 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

humberklog wrote: »
    Typical garden BBQ's.

A small back garden in a semi-d with too many people for too few tables and seating, awkward paper plates and plastic forks and cheap-skate food badly cooked, beers from a tin, "funny" aprons and someone's granny that needs looking after.

Irish Chaps that never venture into the kitchen all of a sudden are skilled cooks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭Irish Stones

I lot of people hate cats in fairness...

I think that cats aren't much loved in Ireland, for some reason. They are in other countries across Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

strawberries
    apples
    cheese
    tomatoes
    whiskey
    vodka

actually any shorts you can pour

• Registered Users Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I think that cats aren't much loved in Ireland, for some reason. They are in other countries across Europe.

A hangover from when people thought they were evil spirits and witches familiars.

Some cultures hate dogs as they are regarded as dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

sporina wrote: »
    I am really weird about eggs.. I like em scrambled... but I don't love em.. but I do feel v good after having them.. so I eat them from time to time..

But I almost have a kind of phobia to seeing the yolk of an egg.. like I would be uncomfortable sitting beside someone eating a boiled/poached/fried egg.. well.. I would just be sure not to look at their place..

No idea where this has come from? When I was a kid, Mum use to give us "guggies".. a boiled egg mashed up in a mug with butter and salt which i think I liked or mayb its just the nostalgia of it..

Anyone else odd with eggs?

A friend once referred to an egg as a chicken's period and since that day, every time I look at an egg I just think "that's a chicken's period". Eugh. But, I like the taste of them, I just hate the concept of what they are. I'm very particular about how it's fried though. The yolk should be firm (but still moist- ish). I can't stand a runny yolk, and would find it hard to sit across from someone eating a runny yolk. Never mind the yolk, if the egg is sunny side up and the white is still runny and has that phlegm like transparent thing going on, I'd probably just shoot them to be honest. It's vile.

Antares35 wrote: »
    A friend once referred to an egg as a chicken's period and since that day, every time I look at an egg I just think "that's a chicken's period". Eugh. But, I like the taste of them, I just hate the concept of what they are. I'm very particular about how it's fried though. The yolk should be firm (but still moist- ish). I can't stand a runny yolk, and would find it hard to sit across from someone eating a runny yolk. Never mind the yolk, if the egg is sunny side up and the white is still runny and has that phlegm like transparent thing going on, I'd probably just shoot them to be honest. It's vile.

OMG - even reading your post disturbed me :eek:
    I dunno where I got my issue from.. think I did see a scene on TV once though of someone biting into a fried egg sandwich and the yolk squired out onto the person sitting across from them :eek.. but I dunno.. mayb that's just my fear creating that scenario.. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

GBX wrote: »
    Banana's. Horrible. and people eat them, in a sandwich? Between bread? That space is reserved for cheese and meats :pac:

I used to hate them, but I find them tolerable now. Mostly just have them in smoothies and the like rather than on their own.

But the whole concept behind banoffee pie is completely disgusting to me. Bananas don't need to be anywhere near that. Toffee Pie. Just the exact same, but no banana.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

OMG - even reading your post disturbed me :eek:
    I dunno where I got my issue from.. think I did see a scene on TV once though of someone biting into a fried egg sandwich and the yolk squired out onto the person sitting across from them :eek.. but I dunno.. mayb that's just my fear creating that scenario.. :eek:

That's another one, when you bite into a sandwich and the tomato spawn goes everywhere. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,132 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

YellowLead wrote: »
    Fairy cakes (I call them buns) - plain think lumps of stodgy with no flavour you are supposed to enjoy but they make me feel sick. Vanilla ice cream sickens me too.

You've been eating the wrong buns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Wibbs wrote: »
    84165132.jpg

I really don't get the apparent gra for avocado at all. Ditto with the eating grass thing.

I'm with Zaph on Mayonnaise too. Vomit inducing. I like ketchup in small doses.

People who say they prefer winter to summer. Eh... wut?

I agree with both but especially mayonaisse. I can't stand it. If there's a bottle in the fridge ill push it behind something else in a 'you sir, disgust me' manner.

I didn't enjoy the show The Wire as much as everyone else seemed to and i hate dressing gowns. A friend of mine kindly bought me a dressing gown recently and i thought well, that's never getting worn!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

Archeron wrote: »
    I really really dont like chips,

Heathen. you should be flogged to within an inch of your life preferably with a soggy chip for this blasphemy

• Advertisement

Zascar wrote: »
    I don't sit on the couch and shout at the tv while people run around chasing a ball, makes me some sort of weirdo apparently.

rest assured you are not alone in your plight. it bores the bollox off of me, even International games. I'd rather watch paint dry

Anyone else odd with eggs?

eggs often give me the squirts so i tend to stay away from them. that said cant beat a fried egg on the old breakfast roll

[/B] it was lovely but screamed "you need a cream sauce with some lemon with this).. etc..

:eek::eek::eek:I think that may have been a tad undercooked it the fish was screaming at you

Faolchu wrote: »
    eggs often give me the squirts so i tend to stay away from them. that said cant beat a fried egg on the old breakfast roll

My sister used to do the most diabolical farts after eating eggs - exactly like a stink bomb, really awful sulphuric rotten egg smelling farts.

And yet she insisted on eating them daily!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Complaining on this site.

Giving rather than receiving oral sex - I seem to be alone in this!

Ticket Master.

xieann wrote: »
    Ticket Master.

Eh, nobody likes them, dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭growleaves

Apple pie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭pawdee

I've said it before but I'm glad I don't like parsnips because if I did I'd eat lots of them and I can't stand them.

Advertisement