Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

21-07-2020, 15:58   #751
pauldry

Met Eireanns rainfall forecast is behind schedule too

Rainfall currently is what theyve predicted for 4am

I tell ya, ya wouldnt want to be a farmer depending on them to bring in the hay.
Advertisement
21-07-2020, 16:27   #752
Comhra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heighway61 View Post
met.ie seem to report the same as Net Weather, who use ADT.

vidur.is were reporting strikes at that time, with a few more. Not sure if they use ADT, so if both were reporting strikes at the time they might not have been spurious.
I don't think there was any thunderstorm activity reported over Galway, Shannon Airport or Dublin or the east coast this morning (mostly clear and sunny) so I'd be pretty certain these sferics were spurious.

I didn't however, check the Netweather site to see if they showed up there.
21-07-2020, 17:24   #753
Oneiric 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comhra View Post
I don't think there was any thunderstorm activity reported over Galway, Shannon Airport or Dublin or the east coast this morning (mostly clear and sunny) so I'd be pretty certain these sferics were spurious.

I didn't however, check the Netweather site to see if they showed up there.
No thunder here today for sure. Yet, after what was an aggressive overnight lightning storm last month and that same sferic map showed just a handful of strikes spanned over about a 30 mile region, it was confirmed to me that those sferics indicators are just rubbish and totally misleading. I recall that the poster Arklow noted the same problem around that time in his SE region.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion