Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best pubs and clubs in killarney

• 30-07-2008 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

i go down evry couple of weeks, ive a lot of family in firies. but i have to say the best pubs in ireland are in this town. the only thing is i dont really go off the beaten track. tend to hit Scotts, Scruffys, McSorleys, Tatler Jack, and Kube, then usually into crypt. any locals know of any pubs with a bit of banther in them and maybe a few rebel tunes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Courtneys (Up the road from the tatler) is good craic.

When it comes to rebel music maybe the Danny Man down new street (Across the road from Den Joes). They often have live bands there, and alot of them would be rebel themed. When Scotts have live bands it's that kinda stuff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

if you want a bar with thise qualities and traits then maybe yeah Courtneys and/or Failte and/or O'Connors (high street) or even JackC's (also high street).

Some bars may have rebel tunes on a once-off basis, you may get lucky on the night

JackC's has live music? Any time I have ever been in there it's mostly just the older folks from the hungry hill area drinking.

Nice pub though, everyone is really friendly, and there is a class aerial photo of Killarney taken about 60 years ago on the wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭dingle

Heading on a stag down that direction in a couple of weeks.

What's the best pub/restuarant/club for a gang of lads (around ten). We wouldn't be too loud or rowdy and relatively well-behaved

Depends what you are into really. There are some great restraunts in town.
    Foleys is a great place for steak.
    Trevards (However you spell it) is a top class place, favorite restraunt in town.

On the lower pricing scale the Granary bar has a good restraunt attached to it.

Clubwise there is three clubs in Killarney. McSorleys, The Grand and Mustangs. McSorleys seems to be decent enough these days, The Grand is always jointed, never been a fan of Mustangs. The Grand and McSorleys both have a live band playing in their attached bar most nights.

Pubwise, if there is a crowd there Scruffys can be a laugh, Charlie Foleys is a popular spot, but I have never been a fan myself. And Scotts is normally pretty good for the talent.

• Advertisement

oeb wrote: »
    Pubwise, if there is a crowd there Scruffys can be a laugh, Charlie Foleys is a popular spot, but I have never been a fan myself. And Scotts is normally pretty good for the talent.

the only problem with Scruffys is that it is really popular with Hen Party's and if they have a few in there on the night you are in town they prob won't allow the Stag party in the door ... best go incotnito to stand a chance of getting in the door

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭gerocks

dingle wrote: »
    What's the best pub/restuarant/club for a gang of lads (around ten).
    Far too young to be drinking.
    Tut tut.

kerry4sam wrote: »
    the only problem with Scruffys is that it is really popular with Hen Party's and if they have a few in there on the night you are in town they prob won't allow the Stag party in the door ... best go incotnito to stand a chance of getting in the door

Aye, but with a stag party you are better off going down that route wherever you go. (Especially club wise)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Whats happening in the Failte these days? Used to work there many moons ago.

vulcan57 wrote: »

too much since the all-ireland final...good atmosphere on normal days/weekends though, i enjoy the failte...cant go too far wrong before hitting a few more places

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Scruffys is good and its a late bar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

vulcan57 wrote: »
    the failte seems to be having a bit of a revivial
    was in there on saturday night and it was packed to the rafters

Now folks! Strictly for the good of this thread only and for the good people who read and post here enquiring about the nightlife in Killarney, namely the 'best pubs and clubs in Killarney', I will personally hit the town of Killarney tonight.

I will tour the pubs and clubs and talk to the good people in those places and even those I find wandering the streets of this town (at various intervals during the night) and get their input also and report back when I wake up tommorrow and manage to focus enough to post here...and tell you what the consensus was on this Friday night ;) :P

Mods:

Can we move the Best Pubs and Clubs in Killarney thread into the actual Killarney thread? It would make more sense and create a tad more banter in the actual Killarney thread in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭johnnyc

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Mods:

Can we move the Best Pubs and Clubs in Killarney thread into the actual Killarney thread? It would make more sense and create a tad more banter in the actual Killarney thread in my opinion

have to agree with you kerry4sam, all the threads relating to killarney should be thrown into the killarney thread and there would be a one stop shop for everything killarney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Orna

Keep it on this thread ..

What is the best bar for

Music

Sport

Beer

Guinness

Cheapest Beer

Dearest Beer

Coctails

Bands

Friendly Staff

Pub Grub

Parties

Comfort / Design /Ambience

Reading the paper and havin a chat

Opening Time

Closing Time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭FRANKENFURTER

Orna wrote: »
    Keep it on this thread ..

What is the best bar for

Music the grand

Sport tatler/jades

Beer speak/jades/corkerys

Guinness speak jades jimmys

Cheapest Beer jades jcs husseys

Dearest Beer mcsorleys/mustangs/fleys

Coctails ross

Bands grand hotel scruffys

Friendly Staff al of the above

Pub Grub not too sure

Parties kube

Comfort / Design /Ambience plaza

Reading the paper and havin a chat jades/speak jcs/husseys/

Opening Time failte

Closing Time
    failte {depemds on who you know

Music : Hmmm, McSorleys Bar

Sport
    : Granary

Beer : Stretford (When I used to drink been anyway)

Guinness : Not a guiness drinker so I have no idea

Cheapest Beer : 98

Dearest Beer : McSorleys

Coctails : Kube

Bands : Either the grand or McSorleys

Friendly Staff : 98 / Courtneys

Pub Grub : Granary

Parties

Comfort / Design /Ambience : Courtneys

Reading the paper and havin a chat

Opening Time : Failte

Closing Time : McSorleys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 killarnet

best bars are as follows failte, speak, mc sweeneys and jack c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 killarnet

dmeehan wrote: »
    the failte seems to be having a bit of a revivial
    was in there on saturday night and it was packed to the rafters
    the failte is as good as it gets every weekend no bother with a late 1 either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 karmac

hi new to this
    but we are four mid thirtees ladys heading down to killarney town for
    a few days and would like to know the best places to meet with similar age group.nice guys and good music

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭siblers

The Failte, The Grand or maybe Scruffys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

karmac wrote: »
    hi new to this
    but we are four mid thirtees ladys heading down to killarney town for
    a few days and would like to know the best places to meet with similar age group.nice guys and good music

The Grand, The Failté, Scotts (across the road), the Kube & for a night club the Crypt would defo be for yer age! :)

Advertisement