Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2009 - 2010 IV's

Options
  • 16-08-2009 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hey kiddies I figured since the calender meeting is in a few weeks time we should probably get some idea of dates when people want to host IV's. This way we can make sure that there is no overlap and it gives people plenty of time to book facilities, especially since they then to get booked out pretty fast once the semester starts.

Has anyone already booked their hall or anything like that (squints suspisiously at DCU)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Not booked ours yet (NUIG) but traditionally we book the last weekend of Jan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Private Ryan

Was thinking bout the weekend after DCU for ours but since national training is on that weekend it looks like it'll have to be 28th November.
    Any objections?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Robo_Mike

Was thinking bout the weekend after DCU for ours but since national training is on that weekend it looks like it'll have to be 28th November.
    Any objections?
    Would just have to say that for those of us who have semesterisation the 28th of November would be very close to the end of the semester!! (Only one week before exams for us in UL!!) Lots of projects etc. due up that week!!

Robo_Mike wrote: »
    Would just have to say that for those of us who have semesterisation the 28th of November would be very close to the end of the semester!! (Only one week before exams for us in UL!!) Lots of projects etc. due up that week!!
    UCD finish the day before!...........this won't be a nice time to organise an event..............the option to go two weekends in a row still remains or maybe no competition at all..(dramatic sound effect)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 PokeyMcArrow

I've no problem with two weekends in a row. It is close to exam week in UL though.

But I suppose in order to have more competitions in first semester it would either have to be then or before DCU and I doubt many people will want that because the short time we'll all have to get newbies ready.

So I say go for it.

Also I'm not sure what the story is regarding our hall booking I'll get back to you on that. It wont be a problem anyway because its not until late April/Early May.

• Advertisement

NUIG have provisionally booked our halls for the 23rd and 24th January for the IV (23rd) and Barebow champs with Indoor FITA (24th).

We still have to go to the calander meeting to get IAAA approval but these dates are when we hope to host the IV.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

ill speak on behalf of gmit their shoot will be in march as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭ruiner

DCU has been booked for the 7th with the DA shoot on the 8th

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭philmire

thinking of having our iv on 3 apr

kindest and best loving regards yours sincerely Phil David Ryan

i have been informed that the 3 is easter sat woops

we have a choice of going to the 10 th of apr. is this too late in the season ?????????

if this is too late we have to host on 20th of march. can't get hall any other time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭span

Carlow will be on in early February. I haven't booked the hall yet but probably the first weekend in Feb.

I'm just wondering if someone else is doing the student championship. I can't find the thread at the minute but wasn't it suggested to rotate this between the colleges.

If no other college wants to do it then we'll do it again but I think it would be good if another college took this on.

The only dates now available to UCD are after Christmas. (6th - 7th February and 13th 14th March) By my memory UCD are hosting the Student Nationals (with the league comprising of ITC DCU DKIT GMIT NUIG UL) but if someone else thinks or more importantly knows otherwise please let us know.

you forgot lit there james i no it is a one man band but i still count :P

kindest and best loving regards yours sincerely Phil David John Ryan

Is the IAAA calendar meeting on tomorrow? If it is we can discuss the IV dates there.

yep calander meeting tommoro i'll see ye all there

I can't make the meeting tomorrow, I have to work

I've booked the hall for the 13th of February for our IV.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

G.M.I.T. is on the 13 of march nationals 14

Looking like no UCD competition this year as the dates that I booked are either used by other colleges or clash with other IAAA events.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 PokeyMcArrow

Would it matter if it clashed with an IAAA event?

Most students, especially beginners, would go to an Intervarsity before an IAAA event anyway.. with membership and experience and that..

From the IAAA website here are the dates of this year's IVs

November 7th DCU

November 21st DKIT

January 23rd NUIG

February 6th UCD (student championship)

February 27th Carlow

March 6th GMIT

April 10th UL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 davaloha

the old committee has basically abandoned us and so we are trying to figure out what to get done, how much should we charge or what should we do to get one sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Didn't your sports hall explode or something? Do ye have a venue?

E

• Registered Users Posts: 9 davaloha

well the part we train in was left mostly undamaged so we are able to keep shooting in it

span wrote: »
    January 23rd NUIG

Its possible we may have to change this to the week after as the 23rd clashes with national training on the Sat and the Sunday.

Trying to arrange the hall, will keep ye apraised.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭cailinardthair

davaloha wrote: »
    the old committee has basically abandoned us and so we are trying to figure out what to get done, how much should we charge or what should we do to get one sorted?
    as far as im aware your able to go to all the iv's . the reason you dont have an iv this year was because we didnt know if you were able and you didnt attend any after dcu last year! i know its not your fault because your hall burnt down! hope that helps!

As I initially posted and now confirmed on the IAAA calendar, the date for the UCD IV clashs with national training. I didn't keep that date in our halls so irrespect if IV's can be on the same time as national training, UCD will not be having an IV on that date or any other.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 128 ✭✭MuchSavage

Is it possible to host the IV anyway on that date? I know that there is National training on and some people will want to go, but would it not open up one IV to the beginners who would otherwise get to go due to the limited size of team numbers?

seems like a good idea, especially with what was said about not getting enough people at competitions during the delegate meeting, it would be nice a comp opened up to people that usually wouldn't go.

yes i know there's the open but its nice to think you are contributing to your team and club

Advertisement