Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Liam Gallagher Reveals Plans

Options

Comments

zimovain wrote: »
    Official website for 'Beady Eye'

http://www.beadyeyemusic.co.uk/news.php

nice, msut be getting some airplay in the next few days if the single is out on the 22nd

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Morninglory

I'm more excited about the Beady eye album than I was for the last oasis album. Although it won't be released for a while yet, I just can't wait to hear what they have to offer. I have a sneaky feeling that Liam Gallagher is pulling out all the stops to get the Beady Eye album right in order to get one up on Noel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

It'll be ineteresting to see what the worlds oldest knacker produces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Can't fcuking wait to hear the single :D

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Bryan4president

There's a clip of one of their songs up on the Beady eye website now, hard to know what to make of it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 708 ✭✭✭zimovain

NEW SINGLE FREE DOWNLOAD TOMORROW AT 10AM

Wooo
    Beady Eye will be making available ‘Bring The Light’, the first track to be heard from their debut album, as a free download worldwide to their fans on Wednesday 10th November from 10am (GMT) from their website www.beadyeyemusic.com. The album was recorded over the past summer in London and will be released next year.

A strictly limited 7" vinyl of 'Bring The Light' will also be available for fans to purchase. It will only be available through the Beady Eye website and comes with 'Sons Of The Stage on the B-side. To pre-order the 7" click HERE from 10am on Wednesday!

cannot wait to hear this!

A psych rock stomper by all accounts.

Loving the font for the Beadye Eye logo :D

Havn't been looking forward to hear a song/album in such a long time. Hopefully it won't be a let down

Hope to hear something from Noel next year.

• Advertisement

zimovain wrote: »
    Hope to hear something from Noel next year.

And hopefully a few gigs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Await with interest but am honestly not expecting anything remotely good.

Can't fcuking wait to hear the single :D

Cant wait to hear it but I don't want to set my expectations too high. But I hope it will be good. Let REAL MUSIC return!!

Just another 30 minutes:cool:

not really what i expected at all, sort of like it though, good vocal

I'm having some bother trying to download it. Fcuk fcuk fcuk!

:(

I'm having some bother trying to download it. Fcuk fcuk fcuk!

:(

check your inbox

I like it. Look forward to the album!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I like it. Look forward to the album!

Just me?

=====================================================

Nah, but it's alright. Not great by any stretch, but not terrible either. If I had my mp3 on shuffle and it came on I wouldn't skip it, but couldn't see myself ever seeking it out.

strobe wrote: »
    Just me?

=====================================================

Nah, but it's alright. Not great by any stretch, but not terrible either. If I had my mp3 on shuffle and it came on I wouldn't skip it, but couldn't see myself ever seeking it out.

Dunno, I can't really hear David Watts in the Bring The Light. Yeah, it ain't a belter but, better than I expected! Liam's vocals sound decent too :eek:

• Advertisement

Good tune, like the backing vocals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

good tune very mod looking forward to the album liam gallagher doing soul what :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,736 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

listened to it on Youtube - its pretty energetic and well produced, but there's nothing going on underneath, no song, and even at only 3'45" it still sounds too long. I didn't bother downloading it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Not bad, didnt blow me away or anything. Its still got that retro 60s/70s vibe but yet sounds unlike any Oasis song I've heard.

Liams writing skills have certainly increased over the years, but to me this is in the same league as as Little James. Dissapointing

Blasted it out all afternoon and now LOVE it!!

Really interested to hear what the b side is like now. Hopefully it's actually a proper choon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

I think you have to judge it on its merits.

IE...if you heard it on the radio or at a gig, or even in a pub on a Sunday afternoon, and you didn't know who it was...honestly, what would you think?

I know what I think anyways...I've heard it once on the radio and I never need to hear it again. I don't even need to give it a chance to be a 'grower' :)

You have to be honest, and look it honeslty - the lyrics are plain awful, and musically, its a retro rehash but not in a good way. They must try harder!

Admittedly, I have a thing about retro sounding bands anyway...I just don't get it most of the time...I mean this is 2010, have your own sound for the love o god

I'm very surprised by the praise the tune is getting and to me it just seems like people who will be loyal to Liam because of Oasis.

Maybe it's no surprise really, I mean Noel was always the driving force so maybe its too much to expect the other lads to come up w the goods, even if they have been in some good bands and written some good tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭darrenh

Didnt like it the first time I heard it. Left it awhile and came back to it and now I dont think it's that bad. If you dont listen to the lyrics is quite a good song to listen too. Its kinda catchy. "Baby come on". It's definitely like Quo. I could see myself jiving at a wedding to this song or shaking my hips and arms from side to side. Dad Rock written all over it. Its cool.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Wasnt sure on first listen but starting to grow on me .. its a real catchy track when ya give it a chance .. Reminds me of Primal Scream a bit :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement