Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-04-2020, 09:31   #16
mossym

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter kern View Post
Well maybe it's not that smart to make such 100 % statements lol so iam not sure it's fair to blame me

no blame peter, i was only trying to make it interesting.

i was only thinking i can organise a "race" right now. get a few lads to all start at the same point, run the same course, and plot the times. only gotcha is they all need to be local to me and run it at different times.

was just pointing out it's a lot easier to say a race happened than it didn't.

no race vs. a race in the exact format it happened in last year might be a bit clearer, leaves out all the grey area in the middle

Last edited by mossym; 10-04-2020 at 09:43.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
21-04-2020, 12:28   #17
Ceepo

Updated yesterday on their FB page..
There no hope that this is going ahead imo..

After assessing all scenarios and in alignment with Cork County Council in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic, the IRONMAN Ireland, Cork originally scheduled for June 21 will not take place in 2020 and has been rescheduled to return on August 15, 2021.

We are working diligently on alternative racing options and will provide you with further details by May 8, 2020.

This includes the IRONKIDS Ireland, Cork, originally scheduled for June 20, which is now scheduled for August 14, 2021.

In what has been a continually evolving and challenging time globally, we recognize that this decision due to the above-mentioned unforeseen events may come as a disappointment. Athletes will receive an email with further details.

If you have additional questions, please contact ireland@ironman.com. While we are prevented from holding the event on the original event date, we are looking forward to providing athletes with an exceptional race experience at IRONMAN Ireland, Cork in the future. We appreciate your patience in this very dynamic time.
22-04-2020, 10:41   #18
GoHardOrGoHome

Good thing about that though is average water temperatures of 16 degrees in August compared to 13.5 in June. #silverlining!
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion