Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Threadban in CA

• 14-04-2021 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,116 ✭✭✭✭

Banned in CA from the Minnesota thread because my views are unpopular. People are allowed to attack me the user, dogpile, perpetually distort what I'm saying, to troll (eg. race is a factor, it is not the ONLY factor). Told by Ten of Swords I was resulting in a lot of reported posts. Must conclude from this Mods were harassed into taking me out of play.

I would like this threadban lifted, it's ridiculous.

Comments

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Overheal, you were a mod on the site long enough to know that "mods were harassed into taking me out of play" is trying to play to the peanut gallery. You're not a victim here.

As I mentioned in my PM, I asked you politely, in the thread, to dial it back. Frankly I could have just sanctioned almost each and every one of your posts in the last half hour, but I decided to use my own discretion and give you a chance to course-correct by yourself.
    Overheal wrote: »
    It’s like you don’t read. I said it’s *A* factor.

Jesus.
    Y'all are great at this logic thing.
    Who the **** said disproportionate killing is okay? You have warped views of what you're reading.
    Not picked from the sky at all. I'm not shocked droves of Irish have no clue. But Google race bias in medicine.
    Where did I say it's the full story!? Literally read the post you quoted. It’s *A* factor. Cop on people.

^^ Your point of view hasn't been shut down - the problem was never your point of view, which you well know, but how you were presenting it - i.e. being dickish in nearly every response. Rather than course-correct, you sent a barrage of snarky PMs that made it clear in no uncertain terms that you had zero interest in being even marginally introspective because you saw no fault in your posts, so, here we are.

Frankly I'm not going to waste my time on this - you were given an opportunity, you didn't take it. Threadban stands, unless another admin decides to overrule me.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,116 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Tokyo wrote: »
    Overheal, you were a mod on the site long enough to know that "mods were harassed into taking me out of play" is trying to play to the peanut gallery. You're not a victim here.

"Overheal, you need to calm your attitude down in the Minnesota thread.

I know it's an emotive topic but your attitude and mannerisms in the thread are really infuriating other posters are attracting reports. The admins have taken notice too."

- Ten of Swords.

Peanut Gallery confirmed.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

I would presume that Ten of Swords was referring to me when he mentioned admin, as I responded to them in one of the reported posts.

But, just so I can get this straight in my head:
    1. A forum mod, rather than simply sanctioning your posts, drops you a PM to dial it back a bit.
    2. A second forum mod and site admin, not realizing that 1) had already happened, rather than simply sanctioning your posts, drops you a mod note to dial it back a bit.

And your response to the above chain of events is that you are the victim here and are being singled out????

• Registered Users Posts: 81,116 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Tokyo wrote: »
    I would presume that Ten of Swords was referring to me when he mentioned admin, as I responded to them in one of the reported posts.

But, just so I can get this straight in my head:
    1. A forum mod, rather than simply sanctioning your posts, drops you a PM to dial it back a bit.
    2. A second forum mod and site admin, not realizing that 1) had already happened, rather than simply sanctioning your posts, drops you a mod note to dial it back a bit.

And your response to the above chain of events is that you are the victim here and are being singled out????

Being singled out for moderation, yes, I have already reported posts which I feel had absolutely no business being left up without so much as a word, yet once I started posting today I had not one but 2 mods lasso me. And to be clear, the first mod had already sanctioned me, the PM was as part of that warning. It was not my intention to be so animated in my first PM to you, but I don't feel it was proportional to threadban me. The content of my PM was, I'm mad as hell, and would be going back to report the aforementioned posts, and that I was upset with the moderation decisions happening. The response to this, was a threadban, as though I said "no I won't reign it in and do as I please" or something, which was not the case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement