Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Honeywell Evohome

• 24-03-2020 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all, installed evohome system last September and so far am very impressed with it. No complaints yet, except battery life of controller though this is not an issue as the app is decent.

I set up 12 TRVs and hot water as well. Plumber installed the zone valve and ABV in an hour I wired in relay and installed the TRVs. Don’t be daunted by setting up yourself, it is really easy.

Couple of my suggestions for improvement:

1. Set up geofencing to numerous devices. This is a no brainer me as you don’t always remember to set to away every time u leave the house.
    2. Set up a historian to allow for trending.
    3. Allow zones to be brought on at a specific time. At present you can only immediately turn on with a timer for when to shut off.

Anyone else set this system up recently?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭xl500

Hi all, installed evohome system last September and so far am very impressed with it. No complaints yet, except battery life of controller though this is not an issue as the app is decent.

I set up 12 TRVs and hot water as well. Plumber installed the zone valve and ABV in an hour I wired in relay and installed the TRVs. Don’t be daunted by setting up yourself, it is really easy.

Couple of my suggestions for improvement:

1. Set up geofencing to numerous devices. This is a no brainer me as you don’t always remember to set to away every time u leave the house.
    2. Set up a historian to allow for trending.
    3. Allow zones to be brought on at a specific time. At present you can only immediately turn on with a timer for when to shut off.

Anyone else set this system up recently?

I installed it I think 4 years ago fantastic system so much more flexible than other smart systems can cater for almost any scenario I really like the way you can designate a Zone as Electric this means the Zone is fully integrated into system but does not call Boiler on as its an Electric Heater I use this feature in Some Bedrooms as when I redone rooms I installed small Electric Heaters also great for Electric UF heating in bathrooms etc I am not aware of any other smart heating controller that has this feature

• Registered Users Posts: 10 GuitarNewport

xl500 wrote: »
    I installed it I think 4 years ago fantastic system so much more flexible than other smart systems can cater for almost any scenario I really like the way you can designate a Zone as Electric this means the Zone is fully integrated into system but does not call Boiler on as its an Electric Heater I use this feature in Some Bedrooms as when I redone rooms I installed small Electric Heaters also great for Electric UF heating in bathrooms etc I am not aware of any other smart heating controller that has this feature

That is a useful function. Do you need a BDR-91 relay for that or is there a separate controller?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭xl500

That is a useful function. Do you need a BDR-91 relay for that or is there a separate controller?

I use a Honeywell R6660D WIRELESS RECEIVER which is simaler to BDR91 but its rated for 10a Switching you bind it exactly like a bdr 91 so you just set zone up as electric zone and bind R6660D as actuator and a Stat of your choice as sensor

you could use a BDR91 but you can not switch any large load with it using the R6660D I have been switching Two Underfloor Bathroom Heating circuits and a 1.5 Kw Bedroom Heater three seperate zones ie three R6660D and works perfect and all directly integrated in Evohome Schedules etc but no call for heat to Boiler on these Zones

Heres the R6660D also known as HC60NG

https://www.smarthof.ru/upload/shop_1/1/6/7/item_16734/8cea8c96-88c6-11df-9397-002119309071_0f387e2e-7b84-11e7-816c-ac220b88d047.pdf

Advertisement