Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bailey Pageant

Options
  • 10-03-2020 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi. Just bought a 2006 Bailey Pageant. Looked at it once before I bought it privately. Guy had it beside his business premises with the heat on in it .i have it home and I have noticed that the wall behind the Cooker/washbasin is soft , not wet necessarily but soft . Most of the caravan walls have that nice clicky sound when u hit your nails off them but on further inspection water got is getting in front left, front right( from roof), back left .
    I think it’s all from the roof. If I ring this guy back and say hang on mate, you told me a load of lies, he will tell me buyer beware and to F off.
    Take it to an expert and see what the problem is I suppose ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Moggaman wrote: »
    Hi. Just bought a 2006 Bailey Pageant. Looked at it once before I bought it privately. Guy had it beside his business premises with the heat on in it .i have it home and I have noticed that the wall behind the Cooker/washbasin is soft , not wet necessarily but soft . Most of the caravan walls have that nice clicky sound when u hit your nails off them but on further inspection water got is getting in front left, front right( from roof), back left .
    I think it’s all from the roof. If I ring this guy back and say hang on mate, you told me a load of lies, he will tell me buyer beware and to F off.
    Take it to an expert and see what the problem is I suppose ?

If it’s soft then it’s already rotten and will need a repair. Getting to the extent of the problem will require an expert check. Best thing would be to contact a repair centre and ask them to do a damp test, there are areas prone to damp that you wouldn’t even think about. Skylights are one of a 100 areas damp can get into a caravan, mine had a slight issue with an awning rail.

It can be repaired but you really need to figure out the extent of the damage as it may not be feasible to repair. Sadly, I’d say the chap you bought it off knew it was damp hence having the heat on in it trying to dry it out. He’s unlikely to want to know but hopefully I’m wrong, Best bet is to get a report and go back to him, however I’m sure he already knows exactly where it’s damp.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Moggaman

Well, quoted 5k to taking off the two awning rails/roof rails and replace!!!. It was my suggestion to do that. He didnt seem too interested tbh.
    Can i ask you if you think the gap in the roof rail shown in the attached photo represents a definite water path into the van?. I dont understand the makeup of the roof rail/awning rail...

Also i pulled back the flooring about half a metre off the wall!!See pic

Advertisement