Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interest only Student loans

• 15-10-2019 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Do credit unions do interest only student loans?
    I'll have 2 in college next year & trying to figure out how to pay for it.
    My eldest hoping to do masters next year which is nearly 8 grand a year for 2 years. Thinking maybe borrow the money & pay interest only until starts work.
    I don't see anything about it on web searches. Hate to burden him with loan but PAYE employee so can't do the self employed thing and cook books to get susi grants.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 439 ✭✭FutureTeashock

Do credit unions do interest only student loans?
    I'll have 2 in college next year & trying to figure out how to pay for it.
    My eldest hoping to do masters next year which is nearly 8 grand a year for 2 years. Thinking maybe borrow the money & pay interest only until starts work.
    I don't see anything about it on web searches. Hate to burden him with loan but PAYE employee so can't do the self employed thing and cook books to get susi grants.

From reading this, you could take out a big loan over a long period with lower repayments and then repay it early without penalty. No interest only option that I can see.

https://www.creditunion.ie/what-we-offer/loans/student/

Advertisement